Rage 1.1 : Deployment vote

Rage 1.1 : Deploy or stay on 0.3.7 for now ?  

1,025 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Patrón said:

If it doesn't have clothes in it, why would you even drop it? That's like buying a new car except it doesn't have any fucking seats. From what I've seen today? Trash. Keep it. 

Because the entire point of 1.1 isn't to appease gang roleplayers with new clothes. It's a step forward towards a better server.

16 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

They didn't get any mods that would help with illegal rp so I'm not sure what you're talking about. The biggest thing with gang roleplay is sports team hats, shirts, tattoos, etc. and it was never added, so you're wrong like you are in most of this thread.

I will also miss the client side mods, however I do see the importance of not being stuck on what will become a legacy version of the client. I would love to see RAGEMP re-add the ability for client side modding if that is not already a server setting sometime in the close future.

so just wait then till the clothes are ready to get implemented ig then we could switch? 😄

i dont understand why we gotta sabotage gang rp for a random period at all. the others could wait for that to get ready and everyone would be happy then anyway.

Edited by bidexx
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Because the entire point of 1.1 isn't to appease gang roleplayers with new clothes. It's a step forward towards a better server.

I don't like this argument. We are a sizable portion of the population, and adding more realistic clothing which allows people to better customize their characters to how they portray them is a net positive for the server as a whole.

Also, there's no such thing as "gang" clothes. If they were added serverside I guarantee you even most civillian RPers would be using them.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

2 minutes ago, bidexx said:

so just wait then till the clothes are ready to get implemented ig then we could switch? 😄

i dont understand why we gotta sabotage gang rp for a random period at all. the others could wait for that to get ready and everyone would be happy then anyway.

That's what I'm saying.

20 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

It holds no weight for you, because you're someone who drives ricer cars and goes to bars as your main source of roleplay, but for us it's a big part of the community. If you ever bothered to rp with a gang you'd know that.

This is a Heavy RP, RP, ROLEPLAY, not a Barbie Fashion game where it's more important to take 4 screenshots with clothes that nobody sees and that they see you dressed as an armless clown, I have been doing gang Rp since I joined 2 years ago and never used mods, I don't need them, updating the client version is necessary, it's progress, or are you still playing on Windows XP with bugs and security holes?

Ragemp 0 3.7 version has 0 support, like MS does with Win XP

Edited by BigSmileLing
  • Upvote 1

The clothing mods still need to be stressed test, in order to do said stress test, they need a working 1.1 server. There isn't a clothing update without first a switch to 1.1

I get that there is valid RP missed without the client-side modding, but those clothes never showed up for people outside those gang servers. I've been shot before for just wearing a specific hat without realizing it was a client-side mod. Albiet that guy was a special breed of idiotic. It doesn't help that they're not serverside.

If you want gang RP to really strive to be better, the clothes need to be serverside, and thats coming in 1.1

3 minutes ago, sio said:

I don't like this argument. We are a sizable portion of the population, and adding more realistic clothing which allows people to better customize their characters to how they portray them is a net positive for the server as a whole.

Also, there's no such thing as "gang" clothes. If they were added serverside I guarantee you even most civillian RPers would be using them.

Layer_2.png

Layer_9.pngLayer_1.png

I don't know, I think gang roleplay in particular will improve if anything with 1.1, there's literally dozens of people who can't even get client-side mods due to launcher version limitations, making it all server-side will negate this problem and increase popularity in sets, so arguing that it takes away from a clique doesn't really hold much sense in my eyes, player population should increase and if everybody can see sports tees, hats and clothing items, surely it'll attract more attention.

Edit: Further to note, going a week or two without clothes shouldn't impact roleplay at all, you can still roleplay wearing certain clothes even if it's not entirely visible, that's essentially what people were doing with client-side clothing mods anyway, since the majority of the server couldn't even see them.

Edited by CrisisGG
  • MomoIsHere locked, unlocked and locked this topic