Amendment to Property Rules & Regulations (4.0 Inactivity)

Lewis.

8 hours ago, Bombie said:

People should be contacting PM if they're unable to hold their activity. PM already has a plethora of work on their backs and to go through hoops when the rule is straightforward is unnecessary 

It’s called courtesy. We as staff are here for the community in various aspects. I disagree if you think sending a SINGLE forum PM is going to be too much of a workload for a member of property management, considering how much paperwork some of the other sub-teams have to go through as I can speak personally from my experience in IFM. 

It could even be a pre-written message, just need to fill in the name of the business or property in question. 

Edited by Lewis.
4 minutes ago, Lewis. said:

It’s called courtesy. We as staff are here for the community in various aspects. I disagree if you think sending a SINGLE forum PM is going to be too much of a workload for a member of property management, considering how much paperwork some of the other sub-teams have to go through as I can speak personally from my experience in IFM. 

If that kind of inactivity request and stuff could be filled via UCP?
It will reduce the forums workload and business owners could comunicate easily with PM easily. Like sort of support tickets

Just go to your property X via UCP and click "contact PM", fill data and wait for the answer

Edited by Xaleya
1 hour ago, Xaleya said:

If that kind of inactivity request and stuff could be filled via UCP?
It will reduce the forums workload and business owners could comunicate easily with PM easily. Like sort of support tickets

Just go to your property X via UCP and click "contact PM", fill data and wait for the answer

Again, this is called courtesy. People forget to make requests or even know they exist. People don’t even know the rule in question exists! 

This amendment is to allow property-management to execute a single command in-game and use that information to send a single pre-written forum PM to members of this community. 

I have personally had the luxury of being contacted on discord by members of PM when my lease was going to expire and it made me extremely happy to be informed as I for one don’t check the in-game /notifications. 

It’s all about offering that same treatment to the wider community and offering a level of courtesy because when you look at how much time, effort and even the methods of what you need to go through to advertise your business and money spent mapping it? I believe simply taking it without any prior communication from property-management is unacceptable. 

Edited by Lewis.
Just now, Lewis. said:

Again, this is called courtesy. People forget to make requests or even know they exist. People don’t even know the rule in question exists! 

This amendment is to allow property-management to execute a single command in-game and use that information to send a single pre-written forum PM to members of this community. 

I have had personally the luxury of being contacted on discord by members of PM when my lease was going to expire and it made extremely happy to be informed as I for one don’t check the in-game /notifications. 

It’s all about offering that same treatment to the wider community and offering a level of courtesy because when you look at how much time, effort and even the methods of what you need to go through to advertise your business and money spent mapping it? I believe simply taking it without any prior communication from property-management is unacceptable. 

That's a good point, indeed very good point.

Another thing than also saw on other servers was the possibility to send ingame messages to players by using a Discord bot, on SAMP and RAGE.

So... A good thing for both staff and PM could be the possibility to send that pre-written messages via Discord without the need to log on the server, also Discord bot can take the online player list and keep updating it. This will simplify and task.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Lewis. said:

I have personally had the luxury of being contacted on discord by members of PM when my lease was going to expire and it made me extremely happy to be informed as I for one don’t check the in-game /notifications. 

In-game notifications are given for the very reason of reminding you of an expiring lease. That is the courtesy. If you’re active enough in-game to be running a lease, surely you would log in before it would be taken away. If you don’t check the in-game notifications when it pops up in big bright yellow letters upon logging in, that’s your issue. Not everyone checks the forums either so the same argument could be made that way. Everyone goes in-game at some point, especially if you’re leasing something. I’d argue that should be common courtesy on the person leasing the property and above all, common sense. If you’re not going to be in-game for an extended period of time or feel you need to take a step back because of whatever reason, common sense says to contact PM. Doesn’t seem all that hard to me. This is just further hand-holding that’s not necessary.

Edited by Sixty
  • Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, Sixty said:

In-game notifications are given for the very reason of reminding you of an expiring lease. That is the courtesy. If you’re active enough in-game to be running a lease, surely you would log in before it would be taken away. If you don’t check the in-game notifications when it pops up in big bright yellow letters upon logging in, that’s your issue. Not everyone checks the forums either so the same argument could be made that way. Everyone goes in-game at some point, especially if you’re leasing something. I’d argue that should be common courtesy on the person leasing the property and above all, common sense. If you’re not going to be in-game for an extended period of time or feel you need to take a step back because of whatever reason, common sense says to contact PM. Doesn’t seem all that hard to me. This is just further hand-holding that’s not necessary.

Call me blind, I don't check them because I forget they even exist. The forums is an active hub of where the majority of the community reside, sure there are people that are active in-game without a forum account and perhaps that's where the in-game notification tab can be used as a secondary layer I completely agree. 

Nothing is hand-holding. It's providing the community with an extra layer of reassurance and security that their hard work and effort will not be simply be taken away when they move onto other projects, have other commitments that take them out of game to actively maintain a business. A business can take hours to open, the forums takes a couple of seconds to check, especially when you load them up you get a nice loud bleep along with the big red icon above your notifications tab, unfortunately the same can't be said for in-game. 

You clearly have no idea the amount of work PM has on their plates. No concept of how much forum, UCP and in-game work we already have. This would add a shit ton of work for us. Forum work, unnecessary forum PMs, etc. The process we have in place right now is good. The rule is clear, all you need to do is reach out to us if you're going to be inactive ahead of time. It's written right in the rule that you posted a pic of. Your suggestion is taking the responsibility off of property/business owner's hands, which they should have, and putting more work on our plates when we're already drowning. Big no from me.

• Upvote 1