Amendment to Property Rules & Regulations (4.0 Inactivity)

Lewis.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:09 AM, Mahiko said:

I agree with this, the level of bureaucracy here is starting to make it a second job for some. I understand everything has to be documented, but how hard is it to add a button that warns the owner that they have 14 days to get straight else they risk loss of the business. 

This ^

On 3/28/2021 at 3:14 AM, Frezemis said:

There's another way to go about this and it's already listed in the property rules. If you aren't going to use the property or business you can notify us and we can hold it for you to avoid losing it. Common Courtesy works both ways, you can come to us as well and let us know. There are players that will hold properties without using them, we have to go through an extensive search and check whether they are using it or not as it is. The workload of property management has already been brought up, I agree that a forum PM is not that hard to do but it adds more work and more time every time we take a property for being inactive or a player not using it.

A notification is sent to appeal the revocation. We are not here to babysit you and what you do with your property, you took it, we expect you to use it. You can be the most active person on the server and not step foot in your house, that's grounds for removal and adding in a timer to see whether or not you use your property seems like a hassle. Don't buy it if you aren't going to use it, someone else can put it to better use.

I see all of this common courtesy mentions but we don't give anyone any issues when they need to go inactive and they let us know about it. We want people to come to us and tell us "Hey I'm going to be inactive a little bit just so you guys know that way I can return and continue with my business.". For all I know, you could be setting foot in your property and still not using it at all. Communication is a two way path not a one way path where you expect a system to do it for you. Leases have a time span on them because you have to pay monthly, houses do not, businesses that are bought separately do not.

I try to encourage people to come to me if their business is failing. If you're having issues and you let any of us know, no one will bat an eye. If you can't find a purpose for a property, I'll give you ideas if I can think of them I will try and give you the resources to make sure your property is being used to your liking. We should not have to babysit and notify everyone to use their properties in-game when there are rules and alternatives to go around it. 

I was just evicted from my own property for not being able to log in for a max total of 3 hours for said character without any type of notification... 
We are at the point of development to where we get notifications via discord for any messages sent to our phone while offline THAT WE CAN EVEN REPLY TOO but we can't have a notification for when we are about to lose a property so we are given a chance to contact PM just in case if there's something going on IRL? That is kind of unreal if you ask me..  Just like how you say is common courtesy to let you guys know if something is going on it is also common courtesy for you guys to notify us so we can notify you. 

Edited by blast
4 minutes ago, blast said:

This ^

I was just evicted from my own property for not being able to log in for a max total of 3 hours for said character without any type of notification... 
We are at the point of development to where we get notifications via discord for any messages sent to our phone while offline THAT WE CAN EVEN REPLY TOO but we can't have a notification for when we are about to lose a property so we are given a chance to contact PM just in case if there's something going on IRL? That is kind of unreal if you ask me..  Just like how you say is common courtesy to let you guys know if something is going on it is also common courtesy for you guys to notify us so we can notify you. 

Trying to revive a year old discussion isn't going to help it any further. The discussion is about the rules back in 2021 March prior to the activity system.

It's a two way street. I shouldn't have to babysit everyone's activity on the server when they have a counter in their /stats, if they know they are below the time and need assistance everyone in PM has their DMs open even I have my DMs open and I do my best to respond to everyone. Sending notifications is a double edged sword it'll increase hoarders just coming online to keep their activity up or it can help people who aren't hoarding. Monitor your /stats, keep it at a 5 incase you can't login for a day or two.