Amendment to Property Rules & Regulations (4.0 Inactivity)

Lewis.

1 minute ago, Bombie said:

I don't remember the paperwork being any less in quantity for PM. But you said it yourself, a single PM is not a lot of work. So, they could inform an admin and be safe. 

I completely agree, we're past the forum PM thing as it was found to be a problem reaching out in terms of communication. If we have a method in-game to write custom notifications to attach to a business? That's something that could be explored. 

1 minute ago, Sixty said:

@Lewis. I don't agree with your sentiment, respectfully. I honestly think it's a very fair system. As others have said, it's your responsibility as a player and you should be held accountable. If you've gone to the lengths of purchasing a property and spending big amounts of money to map it, then surely you would be worried about ever losing it. It's that simple. 14 days is a long time in this community. If you think you're not going to be around, it's as simple as sending PM a message about it. I'm not sure why that doesn't make sense. Also as @jesscatXD said, businesses are not auto-revoked at 14 days. It generally takes someone to report the property for inactivity for something to actually register. At that point, you've obviously moved on or forgotten about the property and thus wasn't that important to begin with. 

👏

That's the beauty of discussion, it's also why holding a civil discussion on these matters is a good thing to do, if I'm wrong on the statement provided in the suggestion? It can be later used as evidence as to why these things work fine as they are. 

Simply put, I do believe adding that extra layer of warning on a business (Now knowing we can't do that on properties we'll leave them out) is helpful to all community members that have a current business or are looking to get into them. 

im pretty sure there are better ideas that work for everyone to make this easier and not a hassle, its just about getting those ideas and not going against each other's opinion.

aren't we all on the same side that just yonking someone their property without any single notification is wrong?

Just now, Tseard said:

im pretty sure there are better ideas that work for everyone to make this easier and not a hassle, its just about getting those ideas and not going against each other's opinion.

aren't we all on the same side that just yonking someone their property without any single notification is wrong?

Holding a property and not using it for months/years when properties in general are pretty scarce is worse I'd say.

Don't use it, lose it.

Just now, Jura said:

Holding a property and not using it for months/years when properties in general are pretty scarce is worse I'd say.

Don't use it, lose it.

and i do not disagree with that but i do stand firm that a system of notifying someone that it is being removed after xx amount of days is way better than no notification. 

Just now, Tseard said:

and i do not disagree with that but i do stand firm that a system of notifying someone that it is being removed after xx amount of days is way better than no notification. 

PM shouldn't need to notify players though, that's the point. They requested the property to roleplay with it, they shouldn't need to be reminded of that.

6 minutes ago, Tseard said:

Not particularly. As it's been said already plenty of times if you went through the trouble of purchasing a property and spending money to furnish it, obviously the property is important to you. It's not hard to send a single PM to property management if you're going to be inactive for more than 14 days or if you plan on moving on from the character. Also, as they've already pointed out business properties are not normally yoinked from you. Someone generally has to report the property for inactivity. At that point, it should be taken away because obviously its been closed long enough for someone to report it. It's not hard to send a PM to a property management admin to avoid this entire ordeal. 

Edited by Sixty
1 minute ago, Jura said:

PM shouldn't need to notify players though, that's the point. They requested the property to roleplay with it, they shouldn't need to be reminded of that.

But in many cases they're not requesting the property.. they're bought off of other players. 

21 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Just see if we can add a ping sound to /notifications. Would solve the issue I bet. Or require someone to acknowledge the notification with a menu before being able to spawn. Both good options.

This is something that could be suggested to development team, I'm not sure but it sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to implement.

1 minute ago, Jura said:

that's why im pretty sure there can be some kind of system implemented, let it be via the ucp or via in-game automatic notifications, i have seen amazing features and scripts on this server, we can do that too.