Amendment to Property Rules & Regulations (4.0 Inactivity)

Lewis.

4 minutes ago, Lewis. said:

Completely agree, we're more-so talking about properties owned in this case when it comes down to them being removed without prior warning. The lease system works great because yes you do get notifications when it's about to expire, however with properties you own like housing and businesses? The only notification you get is AFTER it's taken to appeal it. 

So what I'm saying is a better way is to put a formal warning on the property, a property strike as you were which enables the owner to be warned that their business or property is under review and if the performance/activity is not worked on or the property is not sold to the open market then PM may have to step in and do a manual revoke. 

Ultimately it's all about communication here. 

Right, communication. If your property was inactive long enough to have it taken away, then the property owner didn’t communicate to PM that they were either inactive or something IRL came up. It’s 14 days. That’s a long time. If you think you’re going to be away for that long or longer, then contact PM. If the property is that important to you, wouldn’t you want them to know as a precaution so it’s not taken away? I don’t see why that is such an issue. Its the player’s responsibility. 

Edited by Sixty
Just now, Sixty said:

Right, communication. If your property was inactive long enough to have it taken away, then the property owner didn’t communicate to PM that they were either inactive or something IRL came up. It’s 14 days. That’s a long time. If you think you’re going to be away for that long or longer, then contact PM. I don’t see why that is such an issue. Its the player’s responsibility. 

That still doesn't make sense, if the lease system already has the notification system in-place and PM have the ability to add notes to a property in which appear in a persons notifications box. Why isn't that being done? Completely surpassed me that they have the ability to do that now, so with your input I think we've struck gold in agreeing that instead of the forums, PM could place notes on the property like they do when revoking them to pre-warn the person that their property is up for review due to inactivity. 

You're essentially asking us to not only review businesses for inactivity (residential housing revoke is automatic so there's no way for us to notify on that), but to put them on some sort of list and review them for activity periodically which requires not only communicating with business owners but checking logs multiple times, re-visiting cases after a certain amount of time and keeping track of all those cases?

I'll be honest with you @Lewis., with all the UCP work we do (Property requests, lease request, veh lease requests, move requests, shop requests, int change requests, garage requests, smart TP request), forum work we do (property investigations including interiors, inactivity, roleplay quality and more, keeping track of business and property ads, people who are property flipping, etc.), and in-game work we do (literally any type of support needed for properties and business scripts, like moving them, renaming them, troubleshooting problems, etc.), we are fully loaded with responsibilities. I for one (only speaking for myself here) am not willing to take this on when IMO it should be the business owner's responsibility to communicate with us, not the other way around.

If you can't handle a lease and remember that you're leasing a property, you probably shouldn't be leasing a property.

Your property — your responsibility.

Also, do check /notifications since they're pretty important and I have no clue why you'd willingly be ignoring those.

And just for the record we don't manually revoke businesses for being inactive for 14 days, residential properties are more strict because there is a shortage for those, especially in certain areas. Businesses need to be inactive for longer than that to be revoked and when we do it's usually because someone reported the business for being inactive which requires a whole investigation on the property.

1 minute ago, jesscatXD said:

You're essentially asking us to not only review businesses for inactivity (residential housing revoke is automatic so there's no way for us to notify on that), but to put them on some sort of list and review them for activity periodically which requires not only communicating with business owners but checking logs multiple times, re-visiting cases after a certain amount of time and keeping track of all those cases?

I'll be honest with you @Lewis., with all the UCP work we do (Property requests, lease request, veh lease requests, move requests, shop requests, int change requests, garage requests, smart TP request), forum work we do (property investigations including interiors, inactivity, roleplay quality and more, keeping track of business and property ads, people who are property flipping, etc.), and in-game work we do (literally any type of support needed for properties and business scripts, like moving them, renaming them, troubleshooting problems, etc.), we are fully loaded with responsibilities. I for one (only speaking for myself here) am not willing to take this on when IMO it should be the business owner's responsibility to communicate with us, not the other way around.

For one second please don't think I'm discrediting your work within PM or the entire team for that matter, we as staff know how much work each sub-division do and I can openly say here that PM do a lot of work that goes unnoticed. 

If we can touch on this, if you're right in saying that properties are an automated system then we fall into loss at that point, when it comes to people requesting an area inactivity search or on a singular property these are where the points in question can be noted down. Surely an appeals process is a long-winded process, if we can stop it from getting to that point from a simple notification in-game? Not only would that then reduce the work-load for PM in a singular area. 

4 minutes ago, jesscatXD said:

You guys have enough on your plate. Just see if we can add a ping sound to /notifications. Would solve the issue I bet. Or require someone to acknowledge the notification with a menu before being able to spawn. Both good options.

No, if you're not gonna be actively using the business (and if you don't state you'll be inactive) people shouldn't be warned about losing their business.

Players shouldn't be told "oh hey, you need to starting opening your business, or you'll lose it" it's common sense.

Unless things have changed lately, players that have lose their property can talk to PM about acquiring it back.

If someone else has taken it, that's kinda' your own fault for not using it.

EDIT: There's already a shit load of businesses sitting around the server that haven't been opened in months some even years, a single notification won't change that much.

Edited by Jura
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Lewis. said:

It’s called courtesy. We as staff are here for the community in various aspects. I disagree if you think sending a SINGLE forum PM is going to be too much of a workload for a member of property management, considering how much paperwork some of the other sub-teams have to go through as I can speak personally from my experience in IFM. 

It could even be a pre-written message, just need to fill in the name of the business or property in question. 

I don't remember the paperwork being any less in quantity for PM. But you said it yourself, a single PM is not a lot of work. So, they could inform an admin and be safe. 

• Applaud 1

@Lewis. I don't agree with your sentiment, respectfully. I honestly think it's a very fair system. As others have said, it's your responsibility as a player and you should be held accountable. If you've gone to the lengths of purchasing a property and spending big amounts of money to map it, then surely you would be worried about ever losing it. It's that simple. 14 days is a long time in this community. If you think you're not going to be around, it's as simple as sending PM a message about it. I'm not sure why that doesn't make sense. Also as @jesscatXD said, businesses are not auto-revoked at 14 days. It generally takes someone to report the property for inactivity for something to actually register. At that point, you've obviously moved on or forgotten about the property and thus wasn't that important to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Bombie said:

I don't remember the paperwork being any less in quantity for PM. But you said it yourself, a single PM is not a lot of work. So, they could inform an admin and be safe. 

👏

Edited by Sixty