Amendment to Property Rules & Regulations (4.0 Inactivity)

Lewis.

24 minutes ago, Lewis. said:

Call me blind, I don't check them because I forget they even exist. The forums is an active hub of where the majority of the community reside, sure there are people that are active in-game without a forum account and perhaps that's where the in-game notification tab can be used as a secondary layer I completely agree. 

Nothing is hand-holding. It's providing the community with an extra layer of reassurance and security that their hard work and effort will not be simply be taken away when they move onto other projects, have other commitments that take them out of game to actively maintain a business. A business can take hours to open, the forums takes a couple of seconds to check, especially when you load them up you get a nice loud bleep along with the big red icon above your notifications tab, unfortunately the same can't be said for in-game. 

"The forums is an active hub of where the majority of the community reside" - In my experience this is not true. The reason people are not aware of these rules is because a lot of them barely come to the forums. 

Big yellow notifications shouldn't be hard to see. I'm not meaning to sound condescending, but that's something that's not hard to miss when you log in. If something is going to take you away from the game long enough (14 days) to trigger an inactivity issue, then you should be informing PM. That's common sense. If you come to the forums so much yourself, this shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Sixty
2 minutes ago, jesscatXD said:

Your suggestion is taking the responsibility off of property/business owner's hands, which they should have

I completely agree with you, business and property owners alike have a huge responsibility in keeping their businesses active, unfortunately in a lot of cases these properties or businesses fall into a period of inactivity. Does this take away the fact that PM should be handing out warnings to alert property owners that their asset is about to be taken away? No. That's the sole purpose of this rule change, not to discredit how much work PM already does, but a single forum PM or another layer of communication should be noted. 

1 minute ago, Lewis. said:

I completely agree with you, business and property owners alike have a huge responsibility in keeping their businesses active, unfortunately in a lot of cases these properties or businesses fall into a period of inactivity. Does this take away the fact that PM should be handing out warnings to alert property owners that their asset is about to be taken away? No. That's the sole purpose of this rule change, not to discredit how much work PM already does, but a single forum PM or another layer of communication should be noted. 

We already send UCP notifications if a property is revoked. People are much more likely to see that when they log into game than they are to see a forum PM.

1 minute ago, Sixty said:

"The forums is an active hub of where the majority of the community reside" - In my experience this is not true. The reason people are not aware of these rules is because a lot of them barely come to the forums. 

Big yellow notifications shouldn't be hard to see. I'm not meaning to sound condescending, but that's something that's not hard to miss when you log in. If something is going to take you away from the game long enough (14 days) to trigger an inactivity issue, then you should be informing PM. That's common sense. If you come to the forums so much yourself, this shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps it's the spam we as staff receive in our text-box as to why I miss the notification when logging in, any member of staff here I think you'd agree with what I said. The forums unfortunately does not hold 100% of the playerbase, I'll admit and identify that. The issue I'm looking to raise here is of two things, 1) Allowing prior warning that the property will be taken before it's removal and 2) Adding that layer of communication which works in favour of the 1st point. 

Ultimately I think making the notifications tab better in person is the better idea, although that's for leases. You don't get prior warning if your property will be taken, that's the point.

1 minute ago, jesscatXD said:

We already send UCP notifications if a property is revoked. People are much more likely to see that when they log into game than they are to see a forum PM.

That's what we're saying here, there needs to be prior warning BEFORE the businesses or properties are revoked not after the fact. 

Edited by Lewis.
2 minutes ago, Lewis. said:

That's what we're saying here, there needs to be prior warning BEFORE the businesses or properties are revoked not after the fact. 

Why is that necessary when there is already a process to prevent the business or property from being revoked? Most people don't even appeal because if their business is inactive enough to be revoked, chances are they aren't even playing on that character anymore or they don't care enough to appeal. 

Point stands though, that there is already both a process to prevent the revoke and a process to appeal it, both of which are just a small piece of the work that we have on our hands as property admins. 

Edited by jesscatXD
Just now, Lewis. said:

When the reminder is sent that a lease needs to be renewed, I’d honestly say that’s enough of a warning, even if it doesn’t say it. If you get a notice that you need to renew a lease, you can make all the considerations right then and there before deciding to renew or not renew. 

4 minutes ago, Sixty said:

When the reminder is sent that a lease needs to be renewed, I’d honestly say that’s enough of a warning, even if it doesn’t say it. If you get a notice that you need to renew a lease, you can make all the considerations right then and there before deciding to renew or not renew. 

Completely agree, we're more-so talking about properties owned in this case when it comes down to them being removed without prior warning. The lease system works great because yes you do get notifications when it's about to expire, however with properties you own like housing and businesses? The only notification you get is AFTER it's taken to appeal it. 

So what I'm saying is a better way is to put a formal warning on the property, a property strike as you were which enables the owner to be warned that their business or property is under review and if the performance/activity is not worked on or the property is not sold to the open market then PM may have to step in and do a manual revoke. 

Ultimately it's all about communication here. 

Edit - The best method would be to enable PM to put strikes on properties in-game that come up in the players notifications, as you rightfully said in-game is 100% of the playerbase when it comes to communicating with them.

Edited by Lewis.