Company requesting deliveries but closed

BarbieXL

I would go as far as to say that deliveries should only be possible if an employee is available at the shop to /acceptdelivery, instead of this grindy script we currently have. Have deliveries be called in directly and actually roleplay instead of automated orders.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

I would go as far as to say that deliveries should only be possible if an employee is available at the shop to /acceptdelivery, instead of this grindy script we currently have. Have deliveries be called in directly and actually roleplay instead of automated orders.

That would slower the time even more, people barely come IG specially the mechanic garage ones who exhaust their resources and request a refill overnight (aka leave the components on for 1k-2k to be fully refilled by truckers).

So, that might be a bigger downgrade but might be a better solution in RP scenarios.

7 minutes ago, L1MEY said:

That would slower the time even more, people barely come IG specially the mechanic garage ones who exhaust their resources and request a refill overnight (aka leave the components on for 1k-2k to be fully refilled by truckers).

So, that might be a bigger downgrade but might be a better solution in RP scenarios.

You also have a good point, but you must remember than business are for RP and not profit. Also you accept a responsabiltiy to keep your business active as business owner, so it doesn't change the already stated business rules.

Also like the rules and staff claims than every single job and action in the game should be adressed by "RP over profit" then I don't care about getting less money unless there is a current RP than actually benefits trucking companies, as you might know the trucking companies ain't profitable at all, the only than don't have headaches are the employees, while business owners have tons of problems with their business.

4 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Thing is, the supply way more massive than demand. I highly doubt this will not run efficiently when the server is at the time where the players are low.

current system is literally fine, just need a revamp to give an option to sell crates back to the supplier if the business doesn't accepting order anymore. 

I personally think trucking script is kinda old and need a massive revamp on many aspect.

Suggestions proposed by Lop and mj2002: (can't tag the post for some reason)

This suggestion is good but the downside is, people who play at timezones when there are 90/100 maximimum players online have nothing to do cause well? Script limitations and It isn't real-life where you can call and ask for deliveries. It'll cause more harm than good, imo.

Edited by L1MEY

I do believe that it should be taken ICly, something that almost no trucker did in this specific case.
Thirst-tea is located in front of a place where I was mapping for a event (you can even see mappings in OPs photo), and I watched almost comical situation of people just pulling up their truck, seeing practically empty parking lot, just go and take a crate (almost no RP what-so-ever) and run for the door up the flight of stairs, only to go straight into /b asking me where they are supposed to deliver crate or to moan.
This continued for solid few hours, trucker after trucker coming there, and I've even seen people with same company trucks, but clearly nobody informed them of it, again, ICly with as Effion suggested, usage of radio.
While I agree that this most certainly isn't fair, it's also not crippling and I feel like you are crying wolf how your RP was ruined, when we all know that this specifically just caused you minor inconvenience where you have to store those crates somewhere else.

Simple solution: Businesses should have a delivery point which doesn't require entry.  Many businesses already have the delivery point set to a sensible spot, like a back or side door.  More complex solution:  Redo the trucking script completely to make it less grindy/annoying for everyone.

Edited by Paenymion
2 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

Thirst-tea is located in front of a place where I was mapping for a event (you can even see mappings in OPs photo), and I watched almost comical situation of people just pulling up their truck, seeing practically empty parking lot, just go and take a crate (almost no RP what-so-ever) and run for the door up the flight of stairs, only to go straight into /b asking me where they are supposed to deliver crate or to moan.

Should report these cases where you see inconviencey, other factors are - you cannot contact someone IC'ly you don't know of but they pressing a singular button on their /bmanager script is considered IC, I've never once seen a character actually RP'ing, going on a website to ask for deliveries, giving their number or anything except the ones whom are currently associated in contracts with companies.

So, you blaming the truckers for practically everything is wrong too, even if this is IC, how is a script limitation IC. RP is of all sorts, I can RP putting the crates or delivery outside the business, It's right and happens everywhere. Why does a script-limitation stop us from doing so? "

The major point isn't losing 1-2 grand but the way that people tell truckers to go IC when you clearly can do /me drops the crates off at the exterior of the business, putting a receipt and a note indiciating the "non-presence" of the owner at the time of delivery

Which shouldn't be a major issue and drop-off spots even IRL are outside of your place, I don't know about you but if I order something they either drop it outside or if I'm not available leave in the office. They don't store something and GTA:W is a game, storing crates is a hassle sometimes and looks unrealistic and sometimes confusion-wise, if you leave the truck, someone else will use the same delivery vehicle and deliver. It's a loss for everyone.

The only IC way of solving this issue would be taking it to court. The owner of the shop is wasting the time of the truckers, the truckers invested their money in the supplies and the truckers wasted their fuel. 

There is no other way to solve it IC as there is 0 contact information about the owner. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 9:00 PM, mj2002 said:

This precisely. Sign deliveries off and remove the reliance on the script.

My only concern is we'd potentially see a huge drop in deliveries if truckers are having to wait for businesses to have employee's there to take delivery, so some businesses may not be able to get components for their business hours. Then again, I'm sure there's a way to circumvent that with some thought.

I have a plan down the line and the business will only be open when myself or a colleage are there to sign off on deliveries. No components means we don't open and we RP to that effect. Maybe the trucker is having a bad day and just wants to "drop" the boxes, but I have some fragile equipment in there and it breaks, or maybe the truck was involved in an MVA en-route and my shipment is destroyed, lots of possibilities, although I'm sure only some will work.

All of this to say, I think there should be an overhaul of the current system to prevent this and introduce more roleplay into script jobs where possible.