Taxes, tax evasion and the new script in general

maramizo

I do not think it can really be commented on until the features showcase is produced to see what is actually scripted and how much of the script is involved in the process (to simplify a complicated concept), otherwise it is just assumptions.  I assume the "IRS" will investigate irregularities that are flagged, which means for people who were not able to follow the parameters of the script, which I'd assume would be very low as people would know those parameters(potentially - they may not even be released and it up for criminals to find out). I think the whole idea is to provide more role play for illegal roleplayers then it is for those on the other side trying to catch them. , think reactive more than proactive.

1 hour ago, weede said:

GTAW getting too big for its boots.

Apart from faction leaders and those involved with them in money laundering, this RP will be an inconvenient joke for anyone else due to how shit the economy is.

What do you mean by "how shit the economy is". Can you elaborate on that?

There's not even an accounting principle in use in this city to report any financial statement from any company/ business/person. Now if you get people to do this. You'll be able to tax efficiently. However this is a very complex thing to do since not many people are familiar with accounting principles that are established to effectively distinguish inflows and outflows of a company/business/person. The hourly taxes are already in place and I think it should stay like that since they are already high. 

Avoiding those perhaps... There might be ways.

Edited by Chuck Lee
  • Developer

I would advise anyone to stop speculating about any of the scripts I make until a feature-showcase is up. All there is in this topic is based on statements not made by me but people I see attempting to get information out from unreliable sources. 

I understand your concerns here @maramizo but please be aware that none of the concepts in that term for any faction are written in stone from what I know. 

As for anyone fearing that it might end up with a lot of bureaucracy, consider this, I won't put in 2-3 Months of my work to piss off people by forcing them to learn through t-accounts or filing up forms just like IRL. As for the rest be careful which sources you trust and where you get your information from as it can often lead to wrong speculations.

That said I appreciate this topic to get a view on how people would like to see this realized!

• Upvote 2

Speculation serve's nothing but to put fuel in the wrong fire ultimately. The reason there isn't a feature release as they're still working out the details. I'd say wait until they have then post this topic; because then we know what we're playing w/ EXACTLY, not guesses.

• Upvote 1

I'm eagerly anticipating this update as I believe it will add a whole new layer to illegal roleplay for multiple reasons; take for example street gangs, they're less likely to have a multitude of businesses that they can clean their money through. However organised crime groups who have multiple businesses, they'll prove their worth when it comes to effectively washing other peoples money for a fee. 

I'll lock this as there is still very active debate with LFM and factions about it. Even Notbond's message that was quoted here is now deprecated as we have a big project drafted for a faction, it's not accepted yet but we are heavily looking into it.

Wait for the feature showcase and LFM's announcements for it. Then debate after.

Once again, we build things from a base. Don't expect an IRL replica of offshore islands and shell companies, it's not the goal at all for now. You don't create this in one day, first we deploy a basic system that all players take in hands and understand and we will build on top of this.

• Upvote 1