Removing Faction VoiceChat

Webb

I'll tell you this right away, as a member of the LSPD — Police & Sheriffs have strictly regulated policies and methods of minimizing the usage of third-party VOIP software such as TeamSpeak3. This has been a point of discussion in the past, from both players outside of the LSPD and members within itself of the LSPD. 

We're only given the privilege of using in-character communications in our "Total Access Channels" otherwise known as TAC. In these channels, members of the faction follow a strict set of guidelines of how they articulate themselves, the information they provide and the efforts of how they coordinate backup (for vehicular pursuits, shots fired, flying helicopters etc). 

Dismantling our ways of communications would not only make factions such as the Los Santos Police Department & Los Santos County Sheriffs Department role a lot more cumbersome, but even to the point of making it practically impossible to efficiently relay vital information over the air (radio) without spamming /r oFFICER needs HELP11! whilst getting shot at. 

May I add, that supervisors and faction leadership within their respective factions (LSPD / LSSD) have tirelessly micro-managed excessive chatter in said channels, and even so far as mandating strict policies of when one must ever consider pushing their "central" key which enables a broadcast to all users. The Los Santos Police Department Manual (3.8.4 / 4.20.1 & 4.20.2) cover said usage guidelines.

7 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

1. Voice chat is allowed for everyone, with rules dictating when/what it's allowed to communicate.

While I wouldn't necessarily be against this, legal faction voice usage is significantly easier to monitor - they sit in a specific channel on teamspeak and talk. 

With illegal factions, there are probably dozens of different discord voice channels that could be used. You have zero idea if someone is on comms or not. Granted, that is an issue as it stands right now.

How can this be addressed?

• mj2002 locked this topic