Heavy stuttering.

Rease

Recently I've reinstalled RageMP entirely and ever since I'm experiencing heavy stutters while playing on the server. My setup is pretty good so I doubt that's the issue since other games and the singleplayer are working just fine. The weird thing about this is that I'm also experiencing the same stutters whenever I tab out, it's like my whole computer starts to spazz out. The stutters don't occur right after booting up RageMP and connecting to the server, they slowly build up over time and the longer I play the worse it gets, especially after being in an interior for a while and exiting. When I close the game, everything returns back to normal a few minutes after. Anybody ever experienced this and/or got any solutions? 

Edited by Rease

There's ways to reduce it though. First things first, set the grass quality to High and shadows to High. Also, disable MFAA completely. You might also want to turn the textures down if you have problems with them not loading.

I'm no computer geek but from what I know, the game starts lagging as you keep playing because the memory is full. In order for a smoother experience, you'll need a software to keep flushing the memory every now and then so that it doesn't build up and get your computer to run slower. You can use a program called ISLC for that - Intelligent Standby List Cleaner.

• Thanks 1
On 3/23/2021 at 9:22 AM, Kings said:

Does your screen go grey and start to flicker?

Nope it doesn't, it just starts stuttering like crazy. 

On 3/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I've been experiencing similiar issues and apparently you need 16GB ram to avoid those stutters even if you've got a decent GPU and CPU. Is this the case for you?

On 3/23/2021 at 9:30 PM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

What specs? Always wanna list your specs, even if you feel they're enough. 

I'm 99.999% sure they aren't the issue here since everything else works perfectly fine apart from Rage. I'm gonna list them anyway just in case they're of any relevance. 

Nvidia GeForce 3070

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

16 GB RAM

On 3/23/2021 at 10:06 AM, Entity said:

There's ways to reduce it though. First things first, set the grass quality to High and shadows to High. Also, disable MFAA completely. You might also want to turn the textures down if you have problems with them not loading.

I'm no computer geek but from what I know, the game starts lagging as you keep playing because the memory is full. In order for a smoother experience, you'll need a software to keep flushing the memory every now and then so that it doesn't build up and get your computer to run slower. You can use a program called ISLC for that - Intelligent Standby List Cleaner.

So I've just downloaded the program and been monitoring it for a while, I think there's a memory leak with Rage going on or something. Whenever I start Rage and start playing for a while, my available memoy sinks lower and lower over time regardless of what I do to the point where there's barely any RAM available which causes those freezes all over. That is until I purge the standby list. After I purged it everything runs just about fine again for a while until all of my RAM magically disappears into oblivion again. This seems to be only an issue with Rage....

On 4/2/2021 at 10:43 PM, Kyleb said:

I'm having this same issues. I keep getting told it's my hard drive and I need to switch to a solid state, so I went ahead and ordered one. If it fixes it I'll update you.

Installed an SSD and downloaded GTA V on it and I can confirm that I haven't had any heavy stuttering issues since. I believe my hard drive is dying (it's 6 years old) and that could've had an heavy impact on it.

• Lomadias locked, unlocked and locked this topic