Adding debit & credit cards with the future money update

EffPee

50 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

You say that, but if we go and look at the original suggestion...

Only later on, two hours after you responded to me, did you even bother to recognize your original post was way too focused on robberies.

The point of the new update was to address the problem that robberies are far too prevalent. Rob people if you want - nobody is stopping you - but don't expect it to be as profitable with regards to cash as it was before, because that in itself was highly unrealistic. If you've built your entire character concept around that, it's time to reassess how you play.

The fact of the matter is that there is no world in which this suggestion does not exacerbate the problems we already have, barring the introduction of realistically stringent fraud protection controls - and even that will be defeated by the robbery meta game. We can't continue to implement suggestions that completely disregard entire segments of the server - and even if I like everything else about your suggestion, it's still a terrible idea on account of the unrealistic exploitation of crime grinders that will inevitably follow.

Start talking about multiple months as a sentence for armed robbery, and maybe we can talk about realism with regards to credit and debit cards - but I suspect that won't happen. Everyone loves to talk about realism until it negatively impacts them, after all.

No, if you actually noticed my first post always said don’t focus on robberies JUST because I have, it’s the part I gave the most thought at the time but there’s blatantly more you can do in the world with debit cards than have them stolen.

I never said I built my entire character around robberies, here you go again throwing wild assumptions to put across your point. 

Bottom line is, if we’re introducing bank accounts then we should introduce items we can use to access said bank accounts, a revised finance update comes with debit & credit cards; seems like a no brainer to me.

18 minutes ago, Van said:

Steal cards

Threaten user

Enforce fear rp

Abuse cards

Rinse and repeat, have unlimited money

?

5 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

Pin on Funny

Yes, let’s completely ignore that rules can be put in place to avoid blatant abuse as obvious as that. 

It seems to me you guys have read the word “robbery” in my suggestion & just assumed I want there to be ABSOLUTELY NO restrictions on this system, I just want to be able to rob someone for the 3 million they have in their bank account, that must be it.

This isn’t an update I expect to come around in a day, but if we’re going to update the way finances work as a whole; Lo and behold that comes with rule changes and script changes. 

Just now, EffPee said:

Yes, let’s completely ignore that rules can be put in place to avoid blatant abuse as obvious as that. 

It seems to me you guys have read the word “robbery” in my suggestion & just assumed I want there to be ABSOLUTELY NO restrictions on this system, I just want to be able to rob someone for the 3 million they have in their bank account, that must be it.

This isn’t an update I expect to come around in a day, but if we’re going to update the way finances work as a whole; Lo and behold that comes with rule changes and script changes. 

You must understand than its not you, but it will be abused. If people didn't abused it will be different.

There will be a change within robberies, blocking things but allowing others.
The thing is than people must change within the eras, like the world always does. Adapt or die.
This isn't viable within a community point of view, just wait until nervous or someone just says no.
Also, no one steals a card unless they makes you think than you lost it, so they can clone, or even they clone it without you noticing it, so they can drain your bank account. Robbing cards at gunpoint is the most stupid thing than a criminal can do and it's easily trackable 

Just now, EffPee said:

Listen, I'm sorry, but if we're adding realism into the thing: Let's not just leave it at adding credit cards only. Because if we ONLY add credit cards & debit cards into this mix that's only going to work for certain kind of RPers.

If we're adding Credit Cards & Debit Cards as items into game, then add tools to properly follow them as well. Make them traceable just like how they are IRL. Make them secure, make them sound. Improve the banking system. Take the EASY MONEY part out of it, just like how it is IRL. That's realism, that's what you asked for. And you know pretty well that is a big load on both management and development branches of server. That's what your suggestion should have been from beginning. 

Oh, if you asked for robberies to be profitable for instance, then that's a bit unfair don't you think? I mean, you could just, you know, steal my card, threaten me, enforce fear rp and withdraw 100 K cash fresh, quit for a week, come back, namechange and so on. 

1 minute ago, Xaleya said:

You must understand than its not you, but it will be abused. If people didn't abused it will be different.

There will be a change within robberies, blocking things but allowing others.
The thing is than people must change within the eras, like the world always does. Adapt or die.
This isn't viable within a community point of view, just wait until nervous or someone just says no.
Also, no one steals a card unless they makes you think than you lost it, so they can clone, or even they clone it without you noticing it, so they can drain your bank account. Robbing cards at gunpoint is the most stupid thing than a criminal can do and it's easily trackable 

And I’m smart enough to know that just because I personally don’t break rules, doesn’t mean others don’t.

I’m not going to go back and forth on this again because you’re not actually reading the main post at this point, I don’t want this to be a “PLEASE DONT ROB ME” post, I’d prefer if you’d actually give some thought into every other possibility that could come with the addition of debit cards and credit cards, maybe if you guys get your way then they’ll add them and no one will be allowed to steal them because of OOC rules, that would be great!

3 minutes ago, Van said:

Listen, I'm sorry, but if we're adding realism into the thing: Let's not just leave it at adding credit cards only. Because if we ONLY add credit cards & debit cards into this mix that's only going to work for certain kind of RPers.

If we're adding Credit Cards & Debit Cards as items into game, then add tools to properly follow them as well. Make them traceable just like how they are IRL. Make them secure, make them sound. Improve the banking system. Take the EASY MONEY part out of it, just like how it is IRL. That's realism, that's what you asked for. And you know pretty well that is a big load on both management and development branches of server. That's what your suggestion should have been from beginning. 

Oh, if you asked for robberies to be profitable for instance, then that's a bit unfair don't you think? I mean, you could just, you know, steal my card, threaten me, enforce fear rp and withdraw 100 K cash fresh, quit for a week, come back, namechange and so on. 

Okay so you haven’t read anything I’ve said.

You’ve actually just rewritten my suggestion as if I hadn’t wrote the same thing. I can’t write an entire think piece on finance, but I did write in the original suggestion that there should be more to debit cards & credit cards that isn’t just focused on robberies. That includes tracing AND a banking system. I ALSO stated there would be obvious script limits on how much you can take from a stolen card, I’m actually insulted at how dull you must think me to be to expect me to suggest something so baseless & thoughtless.

As so many people keep saying that they’re gonna get kidnapped and held at gunpoint for their PIN code, it’s as easy as putting a rule against “kidnapping for the sake of credit card information”, punishable by an ajail or a strict warning as a bare minimum. I apologise for being an illegal roleplayer but we don’t all break rules.

Edited by EffPee
11 minutes ago, EffPee said:

And I’m smart enough to know that just because I personally don’t break rules, doesn’t mean others don’t.

I’m not going to go back and forth on this again because you’re not actually reading the main post at this point, I don’t want this to be a “PLEASE DONT ROB ME” post, I’d prefer if you’d actually give some thought into every other possibility that could come with the addition of debit cards and credit cards, maybe if you guys get your way then they’ll add them and no one will be allowed to steal them because of OOC rules, that would be great!

I can't say much because I don't want to spoil stuff than might affect more people than myself, even myself.

The thing is mate, than criminals in real life rarely goes for cash, they mostly go for phones and valuables like expensive clothing, jewelry, watches, etc. Things easy to sell and no risk.

If we remove cash by adding cards but removing robbing limits.

A door is closed but other is open.
Go for the cash, don't stay in the same place waiting for it, neither suggest stuff than will recover the past.
People than break the rules are the best breaking them, I once was a cheater within EA games, never got banned and sold my accounts, had a nice time and I know about legal loops, voids and how to avoid get caught by cheating. That allows me to understand the rulebreaking behavior and understand them.
This will encourage the players to chase people for their cards, keep them hostage and get the 5k, then kidnapp another victim and keep going.

Edited by Xaleya
Just now, Xaleya said:

I can't say much because I don't want to spoil stuff than might affect more people than myself, even myself.

The thing is mate, than criminals in real life rarely goes for cash, they mostly go for phones and valuables like expensive clothing, jewelry, watches, etc. Things easy to sell and no risk.

If we remove cash by adding cards but removing robbing limits.

A door is closed but other is open.
Go for the cash, don't stay in the same place waiting for it, neither suggest stuff than will recover the past.
People than break the rules are the best breaking them, I once was a cheater within EA games, never got banned and sold my accounts, had a nice time and I know about legal loops, voids and how to avoid get caught by cheating. That allows me to understand the rulebreaking behavior and understand them.

On this server, stealing phones and clothes doesn’t actually net you any monetary gain.

I’m all for putting roleplay at a level of importance over monetary game, I’d encourage it. However, robberies are nullified and won’t happen if we reach a point that you don’t actually get any reward at any of the attempts you make. We have to suspend realism when it needs to be suspended, in this case in the absence of the obvious real world phone/clothes market, we need cash OR bank money to supplement robbers. 

When you take away the promise of a possible reward from doing something, it won’t be done. Removing cash money will take us into a robbery-less world (aside from the people trying to steal guns, the world isn’t so black and white), but as you know the cashless society we exist in IRL isn’t without robberies. 

I feel like we’ve focused on robberies more than enough on this thread, and I’d very much appreciate if you guys could try to discuss the other suggestions that come with debit/credit cards, as I’m sure that would benefit you.

• Wuhtah locked this topic