Adding debit & credit cards with the future money update

EffPee

4 minutes ago, EffPee said:

I would actually be more inclined to accept a randomized limit with a 5k cap. Might not line up with how bank accounts work IRL, but it at least means you won't be taking 5k everytime you rob someone, as most if not everyone on the server has at least 5k in their account.

Yeah. That's a pretty based idea honestly, and in the end for people who are still "anti" this... you can still cancel a credit card so I don't get the issue for being anti against this suggestion.

9 minutes ago, EffPee said:

We have to pick and choose where we're accepting realism on this server unfortunately, obviously that doesn't happen but given the smaller playerbase, there's only so many unique targets you can find for robberies.

Someone who steals a phone is going to do their research on how to access it once it's stolen, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Your last point makes sense though, but either way that leaves the robber with even less options to make profit; thus nullifying the risk vs. reward complex.

A low-level thief doesn't get rich with a robbery in the street and the risk is high, it happens here and irl, in addition, the risk on GTAW of being caught is zero, I have been stabbed to death and they have robbed me at home without wearing gloves or masks, being seen by witnesses and have fled with impunity because the crime investigation is null, the risk right now is 0.

Edited by BigSmileLing
1 minute ago, BigSmileLing said:

A low-level thief doesn't get rich with a robbery in the street and the risk is high, it happens here and irl, in addition, the risk on GTAW of being captured is zero, I have been stabbed to death and they have robbed me at home without wearing gloves or masks, being seen by witnesses and have fled with impunity because the crime investigation is null, the risk right now is 0.

I'm not suggesting a thief should get rich off robberies, but they should at least get something from it.

The risk of being captured isn't zero, people just can't be bothered to wait for the investigation to go through. If you're expecting every single robbery to end up with an arrest, then you're expecting far too much. In the UK at least, nine out of ten home invasion cases go cold; I can imagine in a much larger society like the USA this rate could be even worse.

7 minutes ago, EffPee said:

We have to pick and choose where we're accepting realism on this server unfortunately, obviously that doesn't happen but given the smaller playerbase, there's only so many unique targets you can find for robberies.

Then it is not too unreasonable for people to obtain a more thorough understanding of their property to better hinder criminal activity.

Again, an entirely reasonable IC reaction to rogue actors in the criminal community. If there was some self-policing and limiting of these actors in such a way that reduced crime to only that which meets better standards, this pushback would be far less significant.

9 minutes ago, EffPee said:

that leaves the robber with even less options to make profit

I personally support the jailbreaking via reformatting, as long as the number is changed and the data is wiped by the action of jailbreaking it.

11 minutes ago, EffPee said:

would actually be more inclined to accept a randomized limit with a 5k cap.

That is fair, though I suspect the crimegrinders are going to come out in force once this is implemented and declare that no actual progress was made.

Can they still rob someone of every dollar in their pockets? Sure, but that will never be acknowledged as they insist they are worse off than when they had the 5k limit at the start.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

That is fair, though I suspect the crimegrinders are going to come out in force once this is implemented and declare that no actual progress was made.

Can they still rob someone of every dollar in their pockets? Sure, but that will never be acknowledged as they insist they are worse off than when they had the 5k limit at the start.

I'm all for putting those people at a disadvantage, they've tainted robbery roleplay as a whole and they can be left complaining in my humble opinion. The ones that want to learn how to improve can learn, the rest can sit in their own anger.

I would LOVE it if my robberies resulted in 5k or even more every single time purely because I'm flat-out broke, but that's not realistic and it would ruin my roleplay if I keep getting dubs like that every time I ride out to ruin someone's night.

16 hours ago, Xaleya said:

As far I'm aware they will add the option for paying with cards to the business.

But allowing the this kind of system will permit assett and money transfer to go throught abuses easily.

This isn't a good idea at any end. It's realistic, yes but will allow the poor rp robbers to change the methods to a profitable one.

Kidnapping, stealing your debit card and phone, running to the nearest ATM and draning your account in a second. Then  they will steal +100k in 5 minutes.

It's not viable.

What Xaleya said.

Maybe this could work if there's 5K withdrawing $ limit with those cards? If X players needs to withdraw more than 5K, they can hit bank?

Add debit cards with pass codes.

A hard limit on the amount of cash you can withdraw from an ATM with a bank card before you need to be at a bank. (example $5,000)

A hard limit on the price of a purchase before you have to insert a pass code. (Otherwise it'd be contactless)

A way to ping the location where the card was last used so if it is reported to the police, it can be tracked.

An automated call system where you can give the card owner's name (your name) and the pass code, which then locks the card out from usage. Head to a bank to retrieve a new one.

Add credit cards with pass codes and a limit depending on your assets.

Helps all sorts of RPers purchase items using credit (example a $20,000 limit) and then pay it off over time (example at midnight repay 5%)

Opens opportunity for people who are dead broke to purchase things using credit.

Also opens up the opportunity for the repo man to come knocking

If a credit card gets swiped and abused, it would not affect the owner of the card if they report it to the police and can prove the card was stolen. While it can be a difficult process irl, the server could make it pretty easy to wipe stolen credit to make things fair.

The server's going all in with the idea of finances being tracked by the in-game government. Why not add more depth to the system? 

Suggestion gets my vote EffPee!

Edited by Topiyo
12 hours ago, Peruvian Flake said:

Buying a car with a credit card, what?

There's many other ways to use credit and debit cards apart from going to the bank and cash out. I support this as it creates a lot of RP around fraud and it is something I believe that should be looked up. We're in 2021 this is what people do right now. It's not as complex as you would think. I think you can spend up to $100 IRL with Paypass. 

I only agree on what you're saying if the roleplay is mainly about stealing the card and trying to cash out at an ATM which I believe is kind of poor RP.

Yes you can buy a car with a credit card...

But anyways,

I don't see a problem with it. With the new update coming along it would be a great addition. The tricky thing is determining how you would get credit, what your limit would be, and how would scores be determined? Would it be like in real life - everyone starts off with a low limit credit card? Then the longer you pay on it, your score slowly rises then your limit jumps up?

12 hours ago, EffPee said:

This suggestion wasnt made with just robberies in mind, it was made with the idea that since we’re making our money more complex, why not allow that to bring more RP opportunities that aren’t just “hey this guy took 100k out let’s go get a warrant for his arrest”.

Bank loans, repossessions, a credit score system, freezing assets, the list goes on. 

You say that, but if we go and look at the original suggestion...

[...] With the removal of a robbery limit [...] add debit cards and credit cards as an item that can be stolen/used in stores, (with obvious OOC limitations) they will keep robberies viable [...]

With this new update, I worry low-level robberies will become extinct. [...] The addition of debit/credit cards allows illegal roleplayers to keep doing robberies [...]

[...] It’s blatantly obvious people will stop using cash money & this is detrimental to the illegal roleplay community that sometimes rely on robberies for their main income. [...]

Only later on, two hours after you responded to me, did you even bother to recognize your original post was way too focused on robberies.

I mainly focused on robberies in this suggestion but debit cards and credit cards can increase roleplay opportunities for literally every type of RP group if done correctly. Please do not only focus on the robbery side of things, as we all know that can quickly derail a thread; there is endless potential with a system like this for everyone.

The point of the new update was to address the problem that robberies are far too prevalent. Rob people if you want - nobody is stopping you - but don't expect it to be as profitable with regards to cash as it was before, because that in itself was highly unrealistic. If you've built your entire character concept around that, it's time to reassess how you play.

The fact of the matter is that there is no world in which this suggestion does not exacerbate the problems we already have, barring the introduction of realistically stringent fraud protection controls - and even that will be defeated by the robbery meta game. We can't continue to implement suggestions that completely disregard entire segments of the server - and even if I like everything else about your suggestion, it's still a terrible idea on account of the unrealistic exploitation of crime grinders that will inevitably follow.

Start talking about multiple months as a sentence for armed robbery, and maybe we can talk about realism with regards to credit and debit cards - but I suspect that won't happen. Everyone loves to talk about realism until it negatively impacts them, after all.

Edited by Smilesville
15 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

You say that, but if we go and look at the original suggestion...

Only later on, two hours after you responded to me, did you even bother to recognize your original post was way too focused on robberies.

The point of the new update was to address the problem that robberies are far too prevalent. Rob people if you want - nobody is stopping you - but don't expect it to be as profitable with regards to cash as it was before, because that in itself was highly unrealistic. If you've built your entire character concept around that, it's time to reassess how you play.

The fact of the matter is that there is no world in which this suggestion does not exacerbate the problems we already have, barring the introduction of realistically stringent fraud protection controls - and even that will be defeated by the robbery meta game. We can't continue to implement suggestions that completely disregard entire segments of the server - and even if I like everything else about your suggestion, it's still a terrible idea on account of the unrealistic exploitation of crime grinders that will inevitably follow.

Start talking about multiple months as a sentence for armed robbery, and maybe we can talk about realism with regards to credit and debit cards - but I suspect that won't happen. Everyone loves to talk about realism until it negatively impacts them, after all.

The thing is.

This suggestion and most of the robberies than happen on the server are too "focused in fast cash", tailing a random, knowing than surely they will have at least a PF gun, a expensive phone, jewelry.... The point than in real life, in 2019 that isn't that common. Most of random robberies ain't that random, they often tag you by the way you dress, the area you going or your final destination.

In real life people avoid at any cost robbing debit cards and credit cards since it's stupidly easy to get tracked and taken down by cops, considering the fact than every single business than used the robbed card will be checked by the FBI, since its a federal crime. (In USA) and federal crimes are way worse than any felony.

Another thing than this suggestion promotes the poor robberies than already hunt the server, afecting players whatever they do for rping, it doesn't matter if they are gangster, mafia, bikers, LEO or just a random civillian at the point than they tried to gunpoint a LEO than was walking on a street .

This post is not viable at any degree and will provide more tools to that group than only joins the server for doing robberies without a proper RP goal than just simply robbing for having fun, annoying other players experiences and ruining the community in general. Even if this suggestion gets approved then the police should have access to tons of resources than some criminals complain than are "unrealistic or too abusive", since illegals are limited within the available task they can do but LEO are missing many tools than were developed within the years to stop illegal behaviors, even civillians.

The finances are being tracked by PD/SD, not the government, not the IRS, not a bank. LEO will be doing this and many people will complain but everyone must know than in our current world many of the limitations than illegals has (IRL) were caused by the strong mafia and gangsters dominante within past years. At the point than in Los Santos there will not need to get orders to intervene your business CCTV, phones, texts, etc etc. Even at one point during the mafia gold age, a law got approved to spy  that kind of illegal groups without any required authorization due the rampant corruption and it worked.

We all know the tools than USA government has to go against the criminals, at the point than they could use satellite tracking and the magic programs for spying you via any internet-connected device than was leaked by Edward Snowden a few years ago, than caused USA to chase his ass across the globe. 

TLDR: This suggestion is stupid, unrealistic, doesn't fit any realism and it doesn't help for the roleplay quality.

• Wuhtah locked this topic