Adding debit & credit cards with the future money update

EffPee

Short description: Make debit & credit cards usable items.

Detailed description: With the removal of a robbery limit, and cash money being said to be “only used by illegal roleplayers” in this new update regarding money, add debit cards and credit cards as an item that can be stolen/used in stores, (with obvious OOC limitations) they will keep robberies viable in the absence of cash money.

Commands to add: Perhaps a UI system for your bank cards, maybe an app on /phone. 

Items to add: Types of debit cards & credit cards, maybe with different banks. 

How would your suggestion improve the server? With this new update, I worry low-level robberies will become extinct. Civilians will now keep all their money in their bank, as they might do IRL. However despite this, robberies still happen IRL. Debit cards can be stolen & used (with a limit, it would be traced) before the victim calls the bank to freeze their assets.

The addition of debit/credit cards allows illegal roleplayers to keep doing robberies, and it generally will allow people to temporarily fund assets with a credit limit. Automatic calculations can be made for credit score and bank loans can be taken out. When a stolen debit card is used, it could be traced and this would create roleplay for multiple different parties. This could even make way for a repossession type faction, where people who miss bank payments have their assets taken.

Additional information: Suggestion based on something @Topiyo and I discussed after the last Dev update regarding 1.1. It’s blatantly obvious people will stop using cash money & this is detrimental to the illegal roleplay community that sometimes rely on robberies for their main income.

I mainly focused on robberies in this suggestion but debit cards and credit cards can increase roleplay opportunities for literally every type of RP group if done correctly. Please do not only focus on the robbery side of things, as we all know that can quickly derail a thread; there is endless potential with a system like this for everyone.

Edited by EffPee
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1
43 minutes ago, EffPee said:

Short description: Make debit & credit cards usable items.

Detailed description: With the removal of a robbery limit, and cash money being said to be “only used by illegal roleplayers” in this new update regarding money, add debit cards and credit cards as an item that can be stolen/used in stores, (with obvious OOC limitations) they will keep robberies viable in the absence of cash money.

Commands to add: Perhaps a UI system for your bank cards, maybe an app on /phone. 

Items to add: Types of debit cards & credit cards, maybe with different banks. 

How would your suggestion improve the server? With this new update, I worry low-level robberies will become extinct. Civilians will now keep all their money in their bank, as they might do IRL. However despite this, robberies still happen IRL. Debit cards can be stolen & maxed out before the victim calls the bank to freeze their assets. The addition of debit/credit cards allows illegal roleplayers to keep doing robberies, and it generally will allow people to temporarily fund assets with a credit limit. Calculations can be made for credit score and bank loans can be taken out. When a stolen debit card is used, it could be traced and this would create roleplay for multiple different parties. This could even make way for a repossession type faction, where people who miss bank payments have their assets taken.

Additional information: Suggestion based on something @Topiyo and I discussed after the last Dev update regarding 1.1. It’s blatantly obvious people will stop using cash money & this is detrimental to the illegal roleplay community that sometimes rely on robberies for their main income.

I mainly focused on robberies in this suggestion but debit cards and credit cards can increase roleplay opportunities for literally every type of RP group if done correctly.

26 minutes ago, Juicebox. said:

I WOULD react to this but...

iWI1nxh.jpg

So please take a +1 instead. 

As far I'm aware they will add the option for paying with cards to the business.

But allowing the this kind of system will permit assett and money transfer to go throught abuses easily.

This isn't a good idea at any end. It's realistic, yes but will allow the poor rp robbers to change the methods to a profitable one.

Kidnapping, stealing your debit card and phone, running to the nearest ATM and draning your account in a second. Then  they will steal +100k in 5 minutes.

It's not viable.

1 minute ago, Xaleya said:

As far I'm aware they will add the option for paying with cards to the business.

But allowing the this kind of system will permit assett and money transfer to go throught abuses easily.

This isn't a good idea at any end. It's realistic, yes but will allow the poor rp robbers to change the methods to a profitable one.

Kidnapping, stealing your debit card and phone, running to the nearest ATM and draning your account in a second. Then  they will steal +100k in 5 minutes.

It's not viable.

Debit & credit cards have a daily withdrawal limit. It will be viable if they added a withdrawal limit to the cards to make things more realistic.

Just now, Xaleya said:

It's not viable.

I mentioned OOC limitations, it would essentially be similar to the 5k limit we already have.

Naturally, the staff are smart enough to know that allowing someone to drain your card in 5 seconds flat isn't something that should be allowed. As Airforce said, there's daily withdrawal limits IRL anyway.

As I say in the main post, the focus of this new system wouldn't just be robberies, it just means that robberies aren't deemed useless as I suspect they will be without a system like this in place. The opportunities regarding bank loans, repossessions, credit scores etc. cancel out the drawbacks you might find that come with robberies IMO.

1 minute ago, Airforce said:

Debit & credit cards have a daily withdrawal limit. It will be viable if they added a withdrawal limit to the cards to make things more realistic.

Considering than a player can spent around 20 to 40k daily? Still big enough for the robbers anything right above 5k for just 5 min rp.

Indeed its faster than grinding trucker.

Just now, EffPee said:

I mentioned OOC limitations, it would essentially be similar to the 5k limit we already have.

Naturally, the staff are smart enough to know that allowing someone to drain your card in 5 seconds flat isn't something that should be allowed. As Airforce said, there's daily withdrawal limits IRL anyway.

As I say in the main post, the focus of this new system wouldn't just be robberies, it just means that robberies aren't deemed useless as I suspect they will be without a system like this in place. The opportunities regarding bank loans, repossessions, credit scores etc. cancel out the drawbacks you might find that come with robberies IMO.

Robberies aren't useless, they just moved somewhere else. If a criminal doesn't adapt it gets caught. Like any known Mafia in the world, La Cosa Nostra, Yakuza, etc.

1 minute ago, Xaleya said:

Robberies aren't useless, they just moved somewhere else. If a criminal doesn't adapt it gets caught. Like any known Mafia in the world, La Cosa Nostra, Yakuza, etc.

Unfortunately not every pickpocket & street robber is involved in a mafia. I know that people still try muggings IRL to this day, despite the cashless society that we are slowly approaching. However, with this new update I think we'll have a cashless society in Los Santos almost immediately as certain members of the community (if the shoe fits) are so against robberies.

Edited by EffPee
7 hours ago, Airforce said:

A withdrawal limit would never work here, though. In real life, under normal circumstances, you don't withdraw a lot of money. GTA World works way differently, though. You can end up spending tens of thousands of dollars a day, if not more.

If there was a limit to credit cards, you would be forced to not make any purchase for the rest of the day (which would be really hard not to, in lots of situations and for lots of characters). If the limit was high enough to accommodate for normal daily transactions, then people would just empty ban accounts.

I don't want to see this being a thing at all, though (being able to use someone else's credit cards). Right now, robberies have a chance of not working out due to the victim not carrying money around. If people were able to steal and use others' credit cards, all robberies will have a 100% chance of working out. Even with an OOC limit. If someone doesn't have $5,000 on them, they most likely will have that in the bank. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic