[LSNN] Transcripts: Debate night; Democrat Chloe Knight versus Republican Bobby Warner

Ace_

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Transcripts: Debate night; Democrat Chloe Knight versus Republican Bobby Warner

BY DENNIS SIDWELL

Los Santos, SA - On the 20th of March, 2021, at 11 pm, The Los Santos Amphitheater hosted a debate night between two Senate candidates, Democrat Chloe Knight and Republican Bobby Warner. The debate was moderated by LSNN's Broadcasting Manager Dennis Sidwell. This is the transcript of the debate which was covered on air by the LSNN.

soVE2k0.png

Chloe Knight (left), Dennis Sidwell (middle), Bobby Warner (right)

Stage 1: Opening statements

Dennis Sidwell: Evening Los Santos, how are we doing tonight? I'm pleased to inform you all that Los Santos Amphitheater is hosting a debate night between Democratic Senate candidate, Ms. Chloe Knight and Republican Senate candidate Mr. Bobby Warner. And LSNN is bringing it for you live, exclusively! Allow me to introduce the candidates formally, albeit I'm sure that you all know who are they, considering their long careers in politics. Ms. Knight, thank you for taking a part in this debate night. It is LSNN's pleasure and my personal pleasure. 

Chloe Knight: It's a pleasure to be here, and a pleasure to be talking to the only audience that matters - the people of San Andreas.

Dennis Sidwell: Thank you, Ms. Knight. Mr. Warner, thank you as well for taking a part in this debate night. It is our pleasure.

Bobby Warner: Of course, Mister Sidwell. I'm looking forward to the debate, and I'm sure many others are too.

Dennis Sidwell: Ladies and gentlemen, before we start, allow me to explain the debate rules for the audience, so you know the way it's going to be moderated. LSNN advocates for full transparency. Each candidate will have a opening statement. We will hear Ms. Knight's opening statement first, due to the letter D being first in the alphabet. After the two candidates finish their opening statements, each of them will have a chance to reply to the other one if they want to, regarding something that has been said in the statement. I meant, the letter D being before the letter R. After the first part is done, we will have a quick advertisement break, then go ahead with short-time replies to each reply. Ms. Knight, the floor is yours.

Chloe Knight: Thanks, Dennis. I'm proud to be here. I want to start off by saying that I am proud to be here. San Andreas is a beautiful state full of so much opportunity, and myself and my wife are truly blessed to call it home. However, we can make San Andreas even better. We can move forward, together, toward a brighter future where the playing field for prosperity is level, and the citizens here all get a fair shot. I'm a proud San Andrean, and I'm ready to be even prouder after this new, exciting session of the Senate.

Dennis Sidwell: Thank you, Ms. Knight. Beautiful speech. Let's hear what Republican candidate for the Senate, Mr. Warner has to say to our dear audience and the many of you who are watching us tonight on TV. The floor is yours, Mr. Warner.

Bobby Warner: How's it going, Mister Sidwell? I'm going to be honest with all of you. I'm not one to beat around the bush. I'm not going to tell you how beautiful this State is or try and over promise great policies of sweeping reforms and free healthcare. All of that is to butter you up. Its so that you vote for the smooth-talker. I'm here to get things done, and do so realistically. My policies have been well known, and I intend to stick by them. Thank you.

Dennis Sidwell: Thank you, Mr. Warner. Beautifully said. Ms. Knight, do you have something to say regarding Warner's opening statement?

Chloe Knight: I'd love to respond to a portion of what Mister Warner said there. 

Dennis Sidwell: Please, go ahead Ms. Knight.

Chloe Knight: I'm not here to butter you up. We all know the real problems we face and that's why I said it's on us to make San Andreas even better. But here in LS? Healthcare? The folks at Pillbox Hill do a fantastic job and they do it without charging the patient. Danielle Shaw works far too hard to be overlooked along with her great staff. Thank you.

Bobby Warner: Again - Missus Knight seeks to over promise here. A privately-owned clinic is a much smaller scale than our entire State. Missus Knight wants you to believe that she can pay this without destroying our economy. Simply put - not true. Our State is much larger than one clinic. What she proposes is populist talk, an attempt to try and butter you up. It's manipulative, quite frankly.

Chloe Knight: I think PHMC is an example for other parts of the state to look at and emulate. If anything, Republicans should be touting something private working so well. We are. We want to expand and solidify it. We should move on.

Bobby Warner: The problem is, Missus Knight, is that you want the State to care for universal healthcare. It's simply impossible. And yes, let us move onto the first questions.

Dennis Sidwell: If both candidates are fine with moving on to the next stage, which is questions from the host, that's me, we will go ahead with it.

Stage 2: Punishment versus rehabilitation

Dennis Sidwell: Allow me to start with a certain question which might be seen as a cliche, however, it has been stated by political experts that it's important for the State's well-being and future. What are your thoughts on punishment versus rehabilitation, when it comes to citizens who unfortunately, end up in prison?

Chloe Knight: It's difficult to speak on that opinion when we are dealing with over-incarceration. That has to be solved first. Our country jails more people than China. They have over a billion. We do not. But as far as the question goes? Rehabilitation is obviously more productive for society when rehabilitation is possible. The psychological community, law enforcement, and us in government have to work together to work on ways to turn prisoners into productive, fruitful citizens when they've finished serving their time.

Bobby Warner: Well, it's a good question. I'm a supporter of rehabilitation, but there's one aspect that my opponent here doesn't like to bring up - Rehabilitation is NOT a universal solution. Rapists, child molesters, and mass-murderers - some of these people can't be rehabilitated, nor should they be. We have to balance the system to rehabilitate those who deserve it and those who do not.

Chloe Knight: I'd like to respond to that.

Bobby Warner: Missus Knight, I hope that you realize there is a large difference between child molesters and African-American teenagers who got caught with pot. But if you'd like to defend such people, be my guest.

Chloe Knight: Oh, I'm fully aware of that Bobby. Just as I'm fully aware that my hearing is good. I said in my answer 'when rehabilitation is possible'. Child molesters, mass murderers, rapists, and other criminals who have committed such repugnant acts are - in my view - not rehabilitation material. That's why I said when able, and I stand by rehabilitation when rehabilitation is able to be done. Don't lie in the moment, Bobby. You can hear, I know it.

Bobby Warner: Your policies are barely thought out. You walk a very thin line between what is "rehabilitation material" and what isn't. It's my goal to provide a clear message, instead of vaguely walking the line to garner votes. Who gets to decide who is and isn't rehabilitation material under your plan? I intend to present clear legislation which will provide guidelines for rehabilitation and certain crimes, while also giving leeway to our justice system. That's all.

Chloe Knight: I'm not being any less clear than you. You believe the same as I do, and the realization of that is horrifying to you. So, mental gymnastics prevail. I think all San Andreans believe there is a place for rehabilitation, and a place for punishment. I promise you if you saw my planned legislation on prison reform, you'd agree to it. This isn't a partisan question, Bobby. It's common sense. Who decides? The people, by who they elect. Then we go to work for them. I'll be doing that on crime, just as much as any other issue. And shame on you for trying to paint me as someone who sympathizes with violent criminals.

Bobby Warner: Once again, you're being vague with 'those elected get to choose'. No, Missus Knight. My plan is presented for the people instead of being hidden behind vague populist bullshit. I intend to bring drug courts across the State--

Dennis Sidwell: Ladies and gentlemen present, please keep your thoughts to yourself and in the voting ballots on the election day. Let's keep it civilised.

Stage 3: Income inequality

Dennis Sidwell: Mr. Warner, please share with us your thoughts on how would you reduce income inequality in our State?

Chloe Knight: I'd like my opponent to be able to finish what he was saying if he wishes, about crime. Isn't his fault we were interrupted.

Dennis Sidwell: Right, Mr. Warner, it is up to you on which topic you want to continue talking on.

Bobby Warner: Income equality - another big point of my campaign. The current president has advocated for major tax-hikes for the entire nation. I remind you that this is the find hike since 1992. I have no doubt this will be a hit for low-income families. I, for one, advocate for support of our local businesses and families. Despite these federal hikes, I can assure you that we will local taxes for both local businesses and families. This way, these businesses can ensure they can maintain jobs within our community and protect blue-collar families to ensure you have a paycheck coming home each week.

Chloe Knight: You don't have your facts straight, yet again, Bobby. The President's tax plan sees eighty percent of Americans receive cuts through credits and deductions. But we're not here to debate federal taxes. I believe our taxes here in LS, and San--

Bobby Warner: Wrong once again, Missus Knight. Local businesses are going to be affected by the President's plans due to their income. Under the President's plan, 90% of local businesses will be placed in one of the President's highest tax brackets.

Chloe Knight: I believe our taxes here in LS, and San Andreas as a whole are low, and should stay low. We do well with what we have, and allocation of that tax money is what matters. We have to make sure our business grant and loan system is robust. We need to make sure people can thrive with great ideas. Innovation always wins out in San Andreas. It'll continue to if the right lawmakers are in place. Democrats want to work for all of you on business. This is why I will be before I enter office, establishing a council of business owners in Davis, Rancho, and Strawberry for Senators to meet with weekly. Democrats are all on board. We will talk about enabling those communities. Lifting them up. Leveling that playing field of prosperity.

Bobby Warner: Your policies are contradictory Missus Knight. You support the high-federal taxes on them, and then moments later you say that you want to help them. I'll be honest with you all - her party's policies are going to kill local businesses and result in massive layoffs across the country. Her opposition to tax cuts will do nothing to help income inequality. I don't understand why that's so hard for Missus Knight to see on both a local and federal level. I'm ready to move onto the next question.

Chloe Knight: Untrue. Bobby, you're trying to rile people up into fear with lies. We did that for four years. It was lame, and it's lame now. Business in San Andreas will continue to grow, and Democrats seek to foster it all over the state. Moving on.

Stage 4: Healthcare

Dennis Sidwell: Ms. Knight, is the current health system in our State good, in your opinion? If yes, what exactly should stay, if no, is there something that you'd change and fix?

Bobby Warner: Sure, but you support to tax them to death. Makes alot of sense, I gotta say. I'm sure the truckers and port-workers will be enthused to hear that they lost their job to your tax hikes.

Dennis Sidwell: Mr. Warner, let's please hear the lady out first.

Chloe Knight: I support our unions. I support our working class. I just don't lie to them and scare them into voting for me because I believe in them. Now!

Dennis Sidwell: Ms. Knight, please.

Chloe Knight: Healthcare is a great issue to talk about because it's being handled so well here in Los Santos. As I said, PHMC is an establishment to be envied. It's an example for the whole state to look up to. And I'll have every person in this room know, that yes - we want to make sure no one goes without quality healthcare.

Dennis Sidwell: You've mentioned it in your opening statement, can you please elaborate on it more, Ms. Knight?

Chloe Knight: Whether that be through local, private institutions or the establishment of legislation to codify affordable and quality healthcare to all of our citizens - I'm in favor. Look to the work that's being done here in LS, and the proof is there. We have a system that's working. Call it a 'tiny clinic' all you want. They're rockstars. Every single one of them. We have a system that's working. Call it a 'tiny clinic' all you want. They're rockstars. Every single one of them.

Bobby Warner: Missus Knight. Your plan is simply implausible. It'd be nearly impossible to provide Universal Healthcare to the State via the government. Your so-called 'private-institution' is a one-hit wonder. It won't work everywhere. You stated that 'private institutions' could bring about the healthcare. But unless we are Communist China, we cannot force the private-sector into doing our bidding unless we pay for it. 

Chloe Knight: Well, Bobby, you know that PHMC is ran by the City.

Bobby Warner: Exactly, we are paying for it. We cannot run a hundred-thousand clinics across the entire state. Unless you want to privatize the roads, police force, and fire department to get the funding - it won't be possible.

Stage 5: Firearms accesibility, open carry and The SHAFT Act

Dennis Sidwell: Let's move on to the next topic, if both candidates allow me. Mr. Warner, please tell us your thoughts on firearms accesisiblity, open carry and the SHAFT Act.

Bobby Warner: Are you confused, Missus Knight? The State, in the sense of Government, is Federal, Local, and State governments. Either way, the government will have to pay for the clinics. It's simply impossible. Unless you plan on being like Cuba, with 3 year long wait-times due to their ability to only fund one clinic, I simply say that your plan in impossible. As for guns--

Chloe Knight: I am not confused. You've been hard of hearing, and confused tonight Bobby. I know what I'm on about. Let's talk SHAFT.

Dennis Sidwell: Let's talk SHAFT, let's hear your thoughts, Warner.

Bobby Warner: I understand, Missus Knight. You are a supporter of the three-year long wait times of Cuba. At least both the people and I know that if you get elected, we'll have to wait a few years to go to the one-funded clinic in the area.

Chloe Knight: You know that isn't true well as I do. You're not good at emulating Donald Trump as you think you are, and that's a low, low bar.

Dennis Sidwell: Ms. Knight, please...

Chloe Knight: I'm sorry.

Bobby Warner: I mean, it's true Missus Knight. How is the government going to fund more than one or two clinics? Please, tell me.

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Warner, please, let's talk about firearms accessibility, the SHAFT act and open carry now.

Bobby Warner: No, no. I want to get this cleared up.

Chloe Knight: Cities will, like our city does. But I think the topic is guns now. We both like guns.

Bobby Warner: Chloe Knight. How will cities like ours pay for dozens for hospitals, clinics, and offices across the State? Or do you just not know how they'll pay for it?

Chloe Knight: PHMC is paid for by the city of LS. Other cities can do the same. PHMC works, plain and simple. I cannot wait to see more institutions like it. Can we move on?

Dennis Sidwell: All right, both of you have stated your opinions about the topic, now moving on.

Bobby Warner: Oh-- It just works right? The money just comes from the city? You don't know a thing about economics. Nothing.

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Warner.

Chloe Knight: I know plenty and my degrees will show that. Can we move on? Once again?

Bobby Warner: Yeah-- Sure 'the cities will pay for it' but we can't raise taxes, and we'll have the hospitals and clinics everywhere! It just works, right?

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Warner, please tell us abo--

Bobby Warner: It doesn't work. Now-- Onto firearms. I've been a long-time supporter of gun-rights and the second amendment.

Chloe Knight: Bobby Warner says PHMC doesn't work. Thank you. Onto guns.

Dennis Sidwell: Ms. Knight, we're past that topic now.

Chloe Knight: I agree. Let's go on.

Bobby Warner: It's necessary in our Nation-- Knight, you have no plan to fund it. You and I both know it. It's one clinic and you try to use it to get elected. Gun rights... The Second Amendment isn't going anywhere. It's been enshrined in our Republic's Constitution. Quite frankly, the laws that our State currently has are extremely harsh. I was approached regarding the issues of Truckers and their employment. It's often that they find themselves in empty lots over night, or in other dangerous situations. We need to ensure that we can protect people like them, I support the legalization of semi-automatic weapons in our State--

Dennis Sidwell: But, in a city like Los Santos, with it's high crime rate, don't you think that adding more guns will cause more harm than good, Mister Warner? 

Bobby Warner: Ah. I'm a firm believer that guns don't kill people, Mister Sidwell. That being said, I believe we need to strengthen our law enforcement to counteract the high-crime rate of Los Santos to keep our families safe - something that Knight opposes.

Dennis Sidwell: We will talk about law enforcement after this topic too, Ms. Knight, before we do that, what are your thoughts on firearms accesibility?

Chloe Knight: Oh, I agreed with most everything Warner was saying there till he made something up about me and police. Anyway. I grew up in Ohio. Small, small town. Let's talk about semi-autos. The Glock Nineteen I carry everyday is semi-auto. I am a proud CCW holder, as are most of my Democratic colleagues. We believe the second amendment is going nowhere as well. I support keeping our gun laws where they are, and improving on them where we find issues. Right now? I can protect myself and my family. So can that trucker with a CCW. Let's make sure nothing infringes on that. And I'll break from my party here.

Dennis Sidwell: Why do you carry a gun, Ms. Knight? You don't feel safe in Los Santos?

Chloe Knight: I support a lessening of fees for CCW licenses, and an elimination of fees for PF licenses. And I carry a gun because it's my constitutional right and I choose to exercise it. Nothing else needs to be said than that.

Bobby Warner: It's true that Senate Democrats voted against open-carry, but due to your break with your party, I think we see eye to eye here. That's all I have to say about the topic.

Stage 6: Organized crime, gang violence and law enforcement

Dennis Sidwell: All right, moving on to the next topic. Organized crime, gang violence and law enforcement. Do you think that law enforcement in our State is successfully battling organized crime and gang violence? Let's hear out Ms. Knight first again.

Chloe Knight: No. I do not think they're doing an effective job at all. And the problem here is that they have never once in the history of our city had a budget amended or rejected. That shows a problem with our state. We need RICO at the State level. We need to empower our officers to take action against organized crime. We need all of this so, so badly. Throwing money at it solves nothing. We need to empower the department to do the best job they can do.

Dennis Sidwell: President Pro Tempore Frank Ernst has stated that he's going to advocate for RICO on State level.

Chloe Knight: And he has bipartisan support.

Dennis Sidwell: Mr. Warner?

Bobby Warner: While I believe some of Missus Knight's policies are a break from her official party's policies, I happen to agree. I do however believe that we should focus on the Police Department's work on the ground.

Chloe Knight: They don't break from the party at all, Mister Warner.

Bobby Warner: It'll be in our best interest as a legislature to give our law enforcement everything they need in order to fight crime. And what do you say to the members, or rather supporters, of your party who seek to defund the Police Department?

Chloe Knight: I say that I hear them. I know their frustration. But we have to work within the realm of reality. We can fix police brutality. We can fiix systemic injustice. You don't do that by burning down a house. You renovate it.

Bobby Warner: Missus Knight, were you not apart of the LSSD Defunding Movement? Because if my memory serves me correctly, you were. Is this a back pedal on your policy?

Chloe Knight: I was. And I acted out of anger and mistrust. I disavowed it quickly. It's not a back pedal. It's realizing a mistake and owning up to it. I do not support defunding our SD, PD, or any law enforcement agency. If you wanted a gotcha, you got it. But it's in the past and not indicative of who I am.

Bobby Warner: Missus Knight-- It's been a few months and you've switched policy. While you claim to have acted out of anger, I honestly believe it was just to clinge onto popular support. That being said-- If you're prone to act out of anger, I hope that it doesn't show in your policy making if you are elected. Mister Sidwell, that is all I have to say.

Chloe Knight: And you are free to believe as you wish, Bobby. I do not challenge that. God almighty I will never try to understand what goes on in there or change it. However, I am not prone to it. I won't relive what led me to that movement. It was brutal and humiliating and, well, wrong. But it's in the past. I'm not in favor of defunding any longer and as I said when I disavowed the movement: I want to work to change things from the inside. Thank you.

Stage 7: Equality

Dennis Sidwell: The final question for tonight, it's actually kinda two questions in one. Before we move to closing statements. First of all, issues like equality. Is there equality in our State? Is there something to fix? Do you think that in 2021, we're still facing issues like racism and sexism and if yes, what will you do about it? Second question is... Once elected, who-ever gets elected, wins, what will be the first, most important issue that will catch your attention immediately, to immediately work on fixing it? Let's hear out Ms. Knight.

Chloe Knight: We are dealing with racism, sexism. We dealt with homophobia here tonight and I want to thank the security here for how well they did that. It's reality in America still. All we can do? Foster tolerance and understanding. It's not the Government's place to do anything but protect equality under the law. The rest of what we can do is use our platforms to say what is right, and do what is right in our own lives. As for my first issue? It's absolutely policing. We agreed here that we need to empower our police to fight crime as effectively as possible - especially organized crime. I'm excited to work with Diana Jones and Frank Ernst on RICO. I'm excited to work on prison reform. We have to sort these things, and I know we can. I know we will. Thank you.

Bobby Warner: The issue of prejudice is something that we have dealt with as a nation for a long time. It was the Republican Party, the Party of Lincoln, that brought about freedom for those enslaved within our Republic. It has always been the duty of Lincoln's Party to ensure that the ideals enshrined within our Republic were carried out to everyone. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. If I'm elected, I'll fight for these ideals, as all Republicans have. Following election day, if I'm elected, I'll first tackle the support for local businesses, and then move to tackle crime through the methods I presented tonight.

Stage 8: Closing statements

Dennis Sidwell: All right, now, closing statements. Albeit both of you have stated what are your plans and we've spoken about alot of topics tonight, for all the audience present here tonight and all the people watching us tonight, what do you have to say to them? Warner, let's go ahead with you.

Bobby Warner: Vote Republican and God Bless America!

Chloe Knight: We all have a choice to make when we hit the polls. You can choose to vote for a party that believes operations like PHMC are crippling instead of helping. You can vote for a party that believes that lying about their opponents to their faces is right and good politics. You can vote for a party that wants to regress. Let's not do that. Let's vote Democrat. Let's realize we are all our brothers' keepers and work together to level the playing field of prosperity and make sure every San Andrean has a fair shot. Thank you. God Bless you all, and God bless San Andreas.

Bobby Warner: I'm not going to blather on about policies that I don't know how to fund to get your vote! I stand by America, and I stand by our Republic! God Bless you all and good night!

Dennis Sidwell: Ladies and gentlemen, this was the first Senate candidates debate. As we're steadily approaching the elections on March 26th, let me just add something. Whoever wins, let me just remind you all that I have pictures with both of them on stage? All right, Los Santos! Thank you for watching LSNN tonight! Stay with LSNN and remember, keeping you well informed and well entertained is our biggest priority! Tonight with you was Broadcasting Manager Dennis Sidwell. Have a good night everyone.

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by YB
  • Upvote 5

Username: Ayari

Comment: If this dude is running for office, we're better off with a literal subway rat. At least the Knight lady doesn't talk like a used car sales man trying to sell you a piece of shit 1997 Dinka Sugoi. 

Username: FB317

Comment:

And I acted out of anger and mistrust.”

Why would anyone consider supporting this woman when she just done dug herself a grave, pointing out that she’s incapable of being a leader. Acting out of emotion rather than being rational. Wouldn’t trust her in a position of authority.

🎪

• Upvote 2

Username: Taek

Comment:

Chloe has the right to remain silent. Anything he say, can and will be used against him in the court of law. He has the right to an attorney — If he cannot afford one, one will be provided to him at no cost. Congratulations, Chloe has been arrested for perjury under the State of San Andreas Penal Code after FBI investigation.

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic