Advertisements (let's hit 1,000 players)

Sebz

On 3/22/2021 at 4:03 PM, Mattkov said:

I personally prefer for the money to be used on development and server stability than mass advertisement. The server is still growing at a slow and steady pace. Putting an ad out might increase the playerbase but not necessarily with quality players. 

While I'm not entirely opposed to the advertisement idea, this is a very good point to consider, especially considering what happened to GTAW back in summer 2018ish when we had a lot more players but the roleplay was all wonky. It's back on track but still, older players will know what I mean. 

Like a lot of others have mentioned, the server is growing naturally as is. Advertisement, at least in the tradition sense your talking about isn't worthless, but it's not really necessary. 

A more untraditional form of advertising that might be more beneficial is doing more community competitions for WP's. More faction trailers and some new server trailers would be pretty nice. I also think competitions based around gameplay videos and tutorial/informational videos would be great, not just for creating content, but to also fix up the YouTube results when people search for GTAW. Don't get me wrong, there's a few things there, but most of it is at least a few months old and the quality range/content varies but a lot of it is just DM clips. 

The video you linked is great, but it's one of the only really good ones when it comes to GTAW.

Just now, Henning said:

Like a lot of others have mentioned, the server is growing naturally as is. Advertisement, at least in the tradition sense your talking about isn't worthless, but it's not really necessary. 

A more untraditional form of advertising that might be more beneficial is doing more community competitions for WP's. More faction trailers and some new server trailers would be pretty nice. I also think competitions based around gameplay videos and tutorial/informational videos would be great, not just for creating content, but to also fix up the YouTube results when people search for GTAW. Don't get me wrong, there's a few things there, but most of it is at least a few months old and the quality range/content varies but a lot of it is just DM clips. 

The video you linked is great, but it's one of the only really good ones when it comes to GTAW.

definitely. I think pulling players from the existing pool is what works. There might be 700 people in game, but well over 700 people are registered and able to play at that time - they just don't feel the need to. If a video pops up on their feed or they see something about a cool faction, script feature, etc, they might feel compelled to play. 

1 hour ago, shareef2 said:

definitely. I think pulling players from the existing pool is what works. There might be 700 people in game, but well over 700 people are registered and able to play at that time - they just don't feel the need to. If a video pops up on their feed or they see something about a cool faction, script feature, etc, they might feel compelled to play. 

Good point. The question is - for those other 700 people who are not in game while the server is at 700/1000, what could the server do to bring existing members in game? What makes them not want to log in. 

24 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Good point. The question is - for those other 700 people who are not in game while the server is at 700/1000, what could the server do to bring existing members in game? What makes them not want to log in. 

We have a big playerbase, we don't need ads campaings since the server itself is popular.

We need right now to improve the overall quality of the product, so the users/customers will recommend it to other people, more players = more customers than will donate.

It will also require the developer team to bring more interesting features to the server and allowing certain factions to take place like military for example, but thats a longshot.

Edited by Xaleya
1 hour ago, Ronnie two poles said:

After being in the community for a couple years, and having experienced some awesome storylines.. The thing that makes me get so disheartened is the sheer difficulty to find rp outside of visiting a business. Still love to rp but finding people who share complimenting writing styles becomes a little tedious after some time away.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:50 AM, Sebz said:

Also, side note: You could basically consider Klorontix's video an advertisement. I wonder if he got paid? He didn't even use a referral link. I'm certain this video has brought players to the server, can't speak to the exact number as I don't have access to that information, but I'd imagine there's been at least a thousand clicks to the GTAW link in the description, if not more. Perhaps less actual registrations, but still, you get the point.

This video got me started with GTA:WORLD or Klorontix in general. Love the guy's videos so I tried it. Been playing it ever since.

Edited by Pete Williamson
11 minutes ago, stompkins said:

After being in the community for a couple years, and having experienced some awesome storylines.. The thing that makes me get so disheartened is the sheer difficulty to find rp outside of visiting a business. Still love to rp but finding people who share complimenting writing styles becomes a little tedious after some time away.

I agree with this. It's hard to find RP for people who like to RP solo characters like myself and not be in a faction. 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Henning said:

The primary issue is that GTAW makes google think you wanna learn about Gas tungsten arc welding. I think as a community we should change the standard youtube video title to [GTA:WORLD] including video tags so that when we search for GTA:WORLD we get only community content.

• Wuhtah locked this topic