Advertisements (let's hit 1,000 players)

Sebz

1 minute ago, Lore said:

Server is lively enough, COVID situation hasn't improved at all just yet except lockdown in most of Europe has ended (not sure about the US and if lockdown is even a thing there) and also is already advertised a lot.

Lockdowns in the US have been over since April or May of 2020 if I can remember correctly. In general it seems that most people who were stuck at home aren't really stuck there anymore. I'm not necessarily saying COVID has been eradicated, but more so that the playerbase that came from COVID didn't vanish into thin air.

Also, you're right, the server is lively. BUT, when it gets below 200 players (especially at the worst times, around 120 players) no businesses are open, a 911 call comes in once an hour if you're lucky and you'll be lucky to come across a player anywhere in the city. It seems most players are either in an interior making macaroni noises with each other or are in incredibly discrete locations. If the valley playerbase was around 300 (as I mentioned in the original post) I believe the server would have no reason to grow any more. At about 300 players, the server is what I consider to be enjoyable.

I wouldn't run ads, I want nothing but good for this server but opening it up to more mainstream audiences than the niche selected roleplayers could bring a lot of negative experience from people who don't understand what they're doing. And let's face it, GTA World is not really a noob friendly server. We might be noob friendly as a community, but the application system and the standards that this server expects from you aren't.

22 minutes ago, hentai! said:

I wouldn't run ads, I want nothing but good for this server but opening it up to more mainstream audiences than the niche selected roleplayers could bring a lot of negative experience from people who don't understand what they're doing. And let's face it, GTA World is not really a noob friendly server. We might be noob friendly as a community, but the application system and the standards that this server expects from you aren't.

I work running ads for other companies, and it's cheaper. By spending 50 or 100 dollars you can get in return a thousand or two, by simply having good ads and designs.

It's cheaper than paying youtubers t h o 

I disagree with Google ads and here's why. I've spent an extensive amount of time using google ads, adwords and SEO (search engine optimization) tools to rank keywords for clients. Depending on the keywords you're trying to target, it can get really expensive if you're trying to compete with larger sites already ranking with those keywords. For GTAW, I don't think this would be very cost effective.

In my opinion, the money would be better spent reaching out to the already established video game news + article based websites that have featured GTA RP related articles in the past or would be willing to feature an article about a GTA RP server. Reason being is that these sites are already ranking for the keywords that GTAW would want to capture without having to try and compete with ranking against these larger websites. You can pay for an article to be written about GTAW along with a back link (a link within the article to point back to the GTAW website) in most cases and therefore you will be reaching the intended audience right away. I feel this would return more bang for the buck in GTAW's case.

Edited by Sixty
34 minutes ago, Delinquent G said:

Forreal? Send down.

1:58 and onwards.

On Topic: The server grows naturally and within less than a year, we have gone from 500 peak to 800+. I do not believe we need to heavily advertise the server, especially since the mainstream folk has expectations of voice RP due to mainstream media (Twitch & NoPixel). I would rather see the funds used for server stability and development than an advertisement campaign. If the server stalls or drops in interest and player counts, then you might think about proactively advertising it in a larger scale.

• Wuhtah locked this topic