Real clothing (maybe cars w/ real logos) being added to the server VS GTA Lore P2:

I stumbled over an old thread and wanted to bring it back up, it was nearly a year old and got locked without a response. Probably because of the immature responses. Anyways, hoping this thread won't follow suit, what does the GTA:W community stand on when it comes to wanting real life clothes (and maybe cars, only in parenthesis because it's a stretch for cars opposed to clothes) such as the player being able to have branded clothes like Nike, Champion, Addias etc. 

As far as vehicles go, I heard the newer PD Crown Vic originally had the Ford emblem but people lost their minds. Now, IDK how true that is, but who knows.

Anyways, I don't think the idea of having real emblems/clothes is a bad thing at all, and IMO makes it more realistic. Take I.E multiple voice RP servers that do it. 

What do you guys think about clothes and maybe cars?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ronnie two poles said:

As far as vehicles go, I heard the newer PD Crown Vic originally had the Ford emblem but people lost their minds. Now, IDK how true that is, but who knows.

If i'm correct it was never implemented with the Ford logo, people were pissed because it was a 1:1 recreation of the real car with a Vapid logo slapped on the front which clashed with the pretty strict lore-friendly only vehicles they'd added before.

Clothes though? I was a little eh about the idea of IRL clothing brands clashing with the fictional ones parodying the same ones we'd be adding but at this point I don't really care - any clothes are better than none and I hope decent clothing mods aren't thrown aside because of something like a little Nike logo.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 4

No and no. It ruins the immersion. The ford crown victoria is a horrible mod with horrible mod quality and I have no idea why the hell is it still in the server. The headlights are bugged, the interior is fucked, the seats are horrible, dirt mapping is wrong, the tints do not work and tint the headlights too, and many other bugs and facts about why this car should be removed / replaced with a better similar mod.

And about other clothing brands etc, I'm again gonna say no, but I wouldnt mind a clothing mod of a real life thing but the badge replaced with something else lore-like.

• Upvote 1

Why not today's clothing with logos? The clothing in game are mostly outdated back to about 2010-2011, the gangs are starting to look like The Wire from 2008 lol. I understand cars, but real shoes, clothes I don't see the problem if done right. If the aesthetic/lore of adding real clothes with logos could be done correctly. 

9 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Why not today's clothing with logos? The clothing in game are mostly outdated back to about 2010-2011, the gangs are starting to look like The Wire from 2008 lol. I understand cars, but real shoes, clothes I don't see the problem if done right. If the aesthetic/lore of adding real clothes with logos could be done correctly. 

^ This.

On behalf of every gang rper, I think more modern clothes are definitely needed. There's lots of individual modpacks out there that gang rpers use atm and it'd be litty to see some if not everything in 1.1. I don't see a problem with clothes that got IRL brands on them, cars are another thing however. I don't think a little Nike logo or Adidas stripes or something with Cutthroat on it is really that immerion breaking. Replacing logos with lore logos would be pretty cool too but I don't think it's worth the time since it'd take quite a while for every piece of clothing and it makes little to no difference really. 

• Upvote 1

For me, I think there's plenty of creativity that can be shared around.

Why do we keep insisting on just bringing real life things into the server when there's enough world-building and lore (especially with the new continuity team) to actually create our own version of Los Santos. That sounds way more exciting than just grabbing things from the real world and just shrugging our shoulders at it because it's "easy".

For a community of people that all rely on creativity to come up with unique stories and characters, I feel as if people look for the quickest, easiest way to do something.

Obviously, I'm biased with Hawaiian Snow - but if I was to just call my business "Off-White" or "Vans", I don't think it would have the same feeling for me and I don't think we'd have anywhere near as much support as we get. I love seeing the stores people come up with based off of what exists in the game-world. Flickers Comics, Hang Ten Adventures, Trey Bakers, Digital Den, Mirror Park Tavern, Animal Ark - perfect examples of people using what it's available in-game to fit the narrative of the world we have to play in and that in itself brings a better sense of continuity/realism than seeing "PetSmart" or "Apple".

You then have other places like Hotline, Malibu, Ji-Ok, Elegance, Prestige - who have come up with their own things and become stand-out businesses and locations on the server. This is the type of stuff we should be encouraging and praising - people spending time to develop their own brands and establishments.

We have Suburban, Val De Grace, Ponsberys, La Chien, Binco, Kronos, Bobo, Lézard, Miss T, Dider Sachs, our own football/basketball teams for Los Santos - and that's just naming a few. There's enough IC brands out there, alongside player driven creation, to actually develop our own world-building and businesses. We don't need Nike and Adidas, that just feels totally out of place in our continuity and for me, maybe not others, ruins the immersion because Los Santos shouldn't be a 1:1 of the real world.

An average modder can replace a logo on any clothing mod in 5 minutes without needing to read through hours of Photoshop guides.

People are yet to see what Oggy and his team have done with the clothing pack for 1.1. But I think his goal is to ensure everyone is catered for and whether or not he's replacing logos with in-game ones, I think we're a lot of people are excitedly anticipating the clothing mods probably more than 1.1 itself.

TL;DR - we're all in this community with the same goal - bringing creativity to tell stories and make characters that are interesting and worth investing in. Why tie ourselves down to 1:1 realism when we have the tools, members and passion to actually build our own version of Los Santos?

Edited by lux
  • Upvote 3

Cars are a definitive no-no, I feel. Even then, there's people still roleplaying Škodas for some reason.

For clothes, just roleplay them and use client-sided mods. I don't see the benefit of adding them in server-wide because most branded mods look horrible.

Yes, there's some that do look very good and all, but most I've seen on modding sites just look awful.

I'm so fully against the rebadged Crown Victoria mod and ever since they added it people have been experiencing crashes, I thought they would eventually get rid of it since the mod has proven so unreliable but I don't know why it wasn't removed yet? Modded Stanier is great already and its handling can be modified as well to "keep up" with all other cars.

For the real life brands on clothes totally against, it's a bad habit people adopt very fast. Yes I like some modded clothes as well but if it's just generic hoodied branded Nike or Adidas I don't need them, can buy them IRL at any time 😂

Definitely against real life branded clothes and cars.

I'm not sure how many of you RPed on GTA SA, but adding mods that did not fit the look of the game ruined the whole game's feeling for a lot of people. It's why low poly modding became very popular, especially for vehicles. Players wanted vehicles that matched the overall aesthetic of the game while still having something new. Having higher quality mods (eg. a few HD cars from various racing games in the early to mid 2010s) in a game where everything had graphics from 2004 was terrible. 

The same thing applies here. A lot of the real life brands are taken from other games and made to look better than what we're provided in the base game. This is especially true for vehicles. There is a huge amount of modders for GTA V that specifically make lore friendly vehicles that match GTA V's other vehicles. These are optimized a lot better in the majority of cases. Adding them server side also doesn't ruin the aesthetic because they look like something that could have been in the game by default. In fact, we've had a few cases where we have had modded vehicles but Rockstar made their own versions that look very similar and added them. For this reason, the decision was made that we will only be using lore friendly vehicles in the future.

The rebadged CVPI is an example of what happens when cars based on real life vehicles are added. It's fine if you see one in-game but if a pursuit passes by or there's a group of them on a scene, it starts causing FPS drops and crashes. The modding team did a great job at reducing this but it still has issues. It also doesn't match the look of the game. You'll know what I mean if you've seen it around other law enforcement vehicles.

The points made above also extend to real life clothing brands. They look higher quality than what's provided in-game the majority of the time. For me personally I'd hate to see them added serverside and I know a lot of people will agree with me there. If people want those mods, they can do them clientside pretty easily. We allowed for real life clothing brands in the server's continuity because they were deemed essential for gang roleplay and the clothing brands provided by Rockstar do not have a lot of depth. The decision was made with the understanding that these would remain as clientside mods. If you don't add these mods yourself, you'll see them on Facebrowser which to me is not a big deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • nateX locked this topic