Why do people identify civilians as "rats" immediately?

Sasquatch98

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

I don't think the term is applied to just "civilians". It's often used towards civilians that have a poor portrayal of their character, which can also apply to the illegal community.

Truth be told, I somewhat have the same general view of illegal RP’ers... everytime I am forced to RP with illegal communities (I try avoid them) it more often than not leads to immersion-breaking halts, either in the moment or the long run because they either MG, PG, DM or delay scenes for their own benefit. Then I need to spend time IG dealing with admin sittings, responding to reports or get recommended to make a report myself on the forums.

If I get robbed... they take everything I have and often ignore robbery limit, or DMing me after I comply with their demands to the letter and RP fear because they argue their character is ”sadistic”... or if they extort my businesses they come daily and threaten with CK if I don’t pay 50k each visit even if they really can’t do neither. Endless admin sittings and reports.

No doubt there are plenty of good and proper illegal RP’ers, and I’ve met a few too. For example, in the past K-Town and @.George always portrayed themselves well towards me as a strictly legal RPer and civillian. Don’t screw with them, be reasonable and they will respond with such in turn. As it should be.

In my view, it’s generally the illegals that are ”rats”, but I don’t go about putting them down because of it or would ever try and spread such a trend. I do my own thing and let them do theirs and hopefully improve over time. I have the greatest respect for anyone who behaves realisitic and accordingly, even the ”rats” who drive garbage trucks... as long as they don’t ram me in an intersection because they rush each point. But then its a job for our admins, not me to evaluate their character.

Regardless of views, its unacceptable to voice it with the sole purpose of putting others down and connecting such terms with civillians in general to somehow raise oneself up or try influence people to pick another route.

Edited by Arnzeal
  • Upvote 1
On 3/19/2021 at 7:59 AM, lambchops said:

Depends on how you portray yourself.

This says it all. I roleplayed a crim for 16 years, just recently I came back and decided to get my records cleared and play a straight shooting citizen who owns a brewery. I've been pulled over a couple of times by the cops and have gotten nothing but respect. It's all about how you treat others really.

• Applaud 1

Regardless of what us "elitist" might say or call you guys. Believe me when I say this, almost every Illegal RPer appreciates what you lot bring to the server. Without the balance you guys help to bring these RP servers would just feel like a DM one.

God bless all Mall Rats, Amen.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 10:55 AM, AVAR said:

I've never seen someone RP a developed legal civilian char properly, somehow they are all rich as fuck with basic jobs- driving around in super sports vehicle with a CCW

Running around saying "Suh cuh" and blasting people is the only way to RP.

• Wuhtah locked this topic