Why do people identify civilians as "rats" immediately?

Sasquatch98

1 hour ago, Sevataris said:

because they dont post 5000 screenshots of them trading XXX grams of weed 

36 minutes ago, verrevert said:

Because a lot of people on this server are very judgemental instead of just letting people play the game how they want to play. You only have to spend one day on #general on discord to see this.

facts

It’s really not something I’ve encountered much, but why are you even bothered about what some idiots think or call you in a video game?

The way they use the term clearly demonstrates they don’t know what a mall rat is.

By the sounds of it, people are looking at what your doing, seeing you having fun and just call you names because their own RP is lacking.

Just do your thing and have fun & ignore the haters - they’re for the most part angry kids not worth a moment of your time.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

It’s really not something I’ve encountered much, but why are you even bothered about what some idiots think or call you in a video game?

Probably because the entire point of a gamemode is to interact with characters who are controlled by other players, the same players that might intentionally cause trouble or act differently around you because of their preconceived notions.

Obviously isn't the same as someone calling you the N word in Mordhau because you bonked them on the head with a stick.

LAAW.gif

Nice thoughts but not personal grievances made me open this thread. I'm curious about what do players with this type of mentality expect from a roleplay server itself. It's a roleplay server not a cops vs robbers server as mentioned before and indeed we roleplay as civilians or cartel, gang members we will interact with each other which really is the point. In addition to illegal, legal organizations, civilians and non-governmental organizations are just as important in the life of an RP server.

Edited by Sasquatch98
3 hours ago, Biscuit said:

I uhm... First time I hear of this being an issue, considering I play as a civilian about 99% of my time on the server,

dont you play as Phoebe, an officer

ot: because a lot of people think this is cops and robbers, don't pay attention to them, they are usually on the staff team's watchlist and they are not worth befriending 

6 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

The way they use the term clearly demonstrates they don’t know what a mall rat is.

By the sounds of it, people are looking at what your doing, seeing you having fun and just call you names because their own RP is lacking.

Just do your thing and have fun & ignore the haters - they’re for the most part angry kids not worth a moment of your time.

• Wuhtah locked this topic