Why do people identify civilians as "rats" immediately?

Sasquatch98

17 hours ago, RolexLV said:

You don't want it to happen, believe me. 😄 They will lean onto their Cheetahs at the ghetto hood. 

And new ''Idlestacks'' will be formed, I don't want to advertise but everyone understands what I'm talking about. 😄

Lmfaooo, "dahood". Definitely an iconic place to visit. 🤣

I'm a civilian roleplayer, meaning that my character doesnt commit crimes and isnt part of any LEO factions. But I rp my character being from an humble background, having a shitty car and living in a small apartment in south central. Civilian RP shouldnt be about farming e money, getting the fastest cars, etc.

I dont know why people want to roleplay living a lavish life, roleplaying humble or middle class not only is more realistic, but it offers better rp oportunities. Instead of driving your 300k car around the hood, why not roleplaying a humble local resident who walks throuh gang controlles areas to go to the local store? I'm sure you'll find better quality rp like that.

Edited by Lurleen

Go to West Hollywood if you want to see mallrats IRL. Nah but fr I think that civilians on this server are needed to make it feel like an actual city, instead of a gang war server. But what we hate to see, is people RPing lesbian, PF gun toting, Paul Walker car driving, fearless cocaine fueled sex machines. 

6 hours ago, Lurleen said:

I'm a civilian roleplayer, meaning that my character doesnt commit crimes and isnt part of any LEO factions. But I rp my character being from an humble background, having a shitty car and living in a small apartment in south central. Civilian RP shouldnt be about farming e money, getting the fastest cars, etc.

I dont know why people want to roleplay living a lavish life, roleplaying humble or middle class not only is more realistic, but it offers better rp oportunities. Instead of driving your 300k car around the hood, why not roleplaying a humble local resident who walks throuh gang controlles areas to go to the local store? I'm sure you'll find better quality rp like that.

It’s better RP, but the mentality of a considerable number of players that’re against that line of thought usually gravitate towards playing a character that’s considerably well off purely because of the fact that they won’t achieve that level of wealth in real life versus what they can achieve in under a week on GTA World.

It’s a mentality where individuals think “Why would I want to roleplay someone who’s normal when I can be anything I want?”, which isn’t inherently bad; but GTA World let’s players obtain sports cars in under 40 hours of playtime & have unlimited access to a huge variety of clothes & properties.

It’s essentially too much freedom; and too much freedom along with players looking to escape the monotony of real life is what results in individuals making unrealistic characters with cat ears who go clubbing every single night.

I agree that it’s 100% way more fun to play an average joe who does things like shopping for groceries or calls up an electrician to fix his shower since it paves the way for diverse characters & businesses, but when people are looking for escapism and want to play someone who isn’t working class; the end result is a small minority of players looking to RP regular people being overshadowed by those who refuse to engage in considerably regular daily tasks beyond clubbing.

TL;DR:

It’s more fun to RP someone average, but escapism from 9 - 5 jobs along with complete freedom to RP whoever you want results in most people playing wealthy/better-off characters.

11 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

It doesn't help that we have an illegal community that views civilian RPers as background scenery to grind for script cash, blissfully unaware that 90% of the life of a real organized criminal is indistinguishable from their civilian counterparts.

Are muggers/robbers supposed to show care for their victims?

Anyway, people refer to civilians as mallrats because they can’t help but generalise such a large group. As everyone knows, these generalisations do nothing but harm roleplay and hinder any progress being made to improve it; this goes for both civilians and criminal characters. 

This isn’t to say that those people who roleplay flawless characters with bountiful assets are worth even acknowledging; the point that people just want to have fun is fair, but fun on this server specifically should revolve around hardcore roleplay. If people want to live out their fantasies as Elon Musk or whoever they wish to portray, theres other places out there that don’t try to maintain such a high standard of roleplay.

The day people stop generalising is the day this server can actually take the steps to improve its standard of roleplay as a whole.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic