[IMPLEMENTED] Remove save draft feature / Allow us to turn it off

And here I thought I was tripping the other day when my chat didn't clear as I expected it to, but it apparently was supposed to be that way.

As the op says, clearing stuff you didn't wanna enter is more common than wanting to safe up typed up stuff for later (and tactical preparation of phrases or emotes, the one practical application of this new feature, is terrible for rp- might as well use a keybinder with prepared standards then, more convenient and flexible and not in the way of reacting to your environment through the chat bar.)

I have no idea what's the intention behind this, but it's a classic case where something not broken was given an attempted fix, turning out for worse, as by the saying "Don't fix what isn't broken".

Edited by knppel
4 hours ago, knppel said:

And here I thought I was tripping the other day when my chat didn't clear as I expected it to, but it apparently was supposed to be that way.

As the op says, clearing stuff you didn't wanna enter is more common than wanting to safe up typed up stuff for later (and tactical preparation of phrases or emotes, the one practical application of this new feature, is terrible for rp- might as well use a keybinder with prepared standards then, more convenient and flexible and not in the way of reacting to your environment through the chat bar.)

I have no idea what's the intention behind this, but it's a classic case where something not broken was given an attempted fix, turning out for worse, as by the saying "Don't fix what isn't broken".

Saving was already a thing

You could double tab to select all the chat, and then Ctrl+C, and whenever Ctrl+V

I don't understand the purpose of the update ngl, no one closes the chatbox by mistake

47 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

Saving was already a thing

You could double tab to select all the chat, and then Ctrl+C, and whenever Ctrl+V

I don't understand the purpose of the update ngl, no one closes the chatbox by mistake

I often close the chatbox by mistake if I feel like I have to shift my position slightly, and before the update I often lost a good chunk of an emote I was doing because my hand reacts quicker than my brain. I really like the new draft feature, but agree that it should be a toggle you could do.

• Kappaurel changed the title to [IMPLEMENTED] Remove save draft feature / Allow us to turn it off
  • mj2002 locked this topic