The growing problem in Sandy Shores.

RoyalPainter

Well, if we take realistically - how much does an sports car cost and how much does REALISTICALLY an apartment in Los Angeles cost. I will go, that most car models IG, or what they are based IRL, cost a lot less, than apartments IG, even if you put 600 000-700 000 cars IG, which IRL cost 100 grand. 

Maybe those people just look at the prices realistically, not what the game gives them, if you want to argue about OOC stuff.

34 minutes ago, Lop said:

This entire thread proves that there are obvious problems concerning roleplay quality if people are driven out to rural areas just because there isn't any real estate in urban areas anymore.

Sandy Shores and Blaine County realestate in general is completely dysfunctional. People can roleplay in the area for months without finding a suitible property to live in. The real-estate in Blaine County is far less availible then the city. It's part of what makes Blaine County roleplay so difficult to enter. 

Look at the forum's property section and do a quick count of currently availible properties. Glaring the first page you'll see 10 properties for sale in the city, and not a single one in Blaine. If you sift through the pages you'll find plenty of people looking to buy Blaine County properties, but very few who are interested in selling. No one is coming to Blaine because there isn't enough "urban" real estate. That doesn't make any sense.

In an effort to bring this post back to center; Living in rural areas because there isn't enough property in the city is not a justification for driving your quarter of a million dollar vehicles in the county. If you're driving a high-end vehicle, you can afford one of the many availible properties currently for sale in the city.

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, Lop said:

Just click on them. It's either hotels, homeless shelters, the Health Living things, or extremely expensive things that you cannot afford unless you keep all starter 200k to yourself from the beginning for 40 hours of gameplay.

Hotels and shelters are rentals (represented by a yellow house, not a green house), those are all purchaseable properties. Properties forum is also full of places available, it's just a matter of people not getting the house they want.

Also people literally speculating with county property because they know OOCly that it's a rare commodity to own because there's not a lot of it, and people will pay half a million for a small home outside the city without batting an eyelash.

My ex coworker had a (forgot the name of the car) Lambo and I constantly saw some faggotry such as parking it on sand, dirt and what not. Coupled with the fact that she was a trucker, owning a supercar. Yeah it's a big problem.

In my opinion, I think there are other issues that should be addressed and not only the flashy cars around Sandy Shores.
I have personally been roleplaying in Sandy Shores for 1 year and a half and I've seen plenty of stuff that I do not agree with, but what triggers me the most is that people blame the Blaine community first.

There have been multiple threads to address Blaine County roleplay, where most people were arguing that we, Blaine Community, weren't roleplaying broke-ass characters. For starters, nobody in Blaine is currently roleplaying rich, or at least that rich to become an issue. You probably won't believe it, but even to roleplay sort of a broke character, you need at the very least 600,000$ invested to have your character settled in.

It took me over 9 months to find a place to buy in Sandy Shores, and even that place costed me 500,000$ alone.

The issue here is that city roleplayers see Blaine properties as a way to double their money;

I will explain: These people buy properties in Sandy/Grape/Paleto for whatever price they can and remap them so they can increase their value; Once the place is mapped, they apply the 3x increase limit on the property and sell it to locals for insane prices because / they need a place for their characters to roleplay / and will most likely pay whatever money they have to finally achieve this.

Though it gets to the point where there was this property in Paleto Bay with a damn fancy porch to the beach, when the house itself didn't have one, and for that very same reason, they wanted 550,000$ for the property that had no more than 3 divisions and this fancy porch.

Anyways, yes, it is true that people, for some reason, come up to Sandy Shores to flash their goddamn cars, and indeed that seems to be a problem, but on top of that, I don't see anyone addressing the fact that these very same roleplayers come up to Sandy Shores with the intent to taunt, rob, kill, display zero fear-roleplay and do fuck all on daily basis. City gang bangers loading up on their bikes with duffle bags or gang squads to drive up to a supposedly "broke area" to rob people of their belongings, break into trailers/houses and ultimately bring unneeded problems.

Most will argue that Blaine Community has some distaste for city roleplayers, and, in an IC perspective, that is true. They brought that upon themselves with their botched robberies or visits to Blaine; With their lack of fear and troublemaker mentality.

On an OOC note, I don't think Blaine Community hates people who roleplay in the city, but they indeed set them apart for every single instance we've been the target of.

This so-called " Growing problem in Sandy Shores " has been caused by people who come all the way down from the city to Blaine and this will hardly be fixed.

Below I'll show you some examples of vehicles, we, Blaine County roleplayers use:

Spoiler

gta-world-camera-2021-3-10-4-5-18.png?wi

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_Screenshot_2020.06.07

image1.png

gta-world-camera-2021-2-14-10-50-35.png?

To address @mj2002,

Yes, it also is our duty as players to report what we think is wrong as admins may not have the time to spend it up there looking at these indicators, however, I can tell you that I have reported 2 players to the RPQM team and it has been over 5 months now without a single answer.
We play this game to have fun and I doubt any of us want to spend 4 to 5 hours a day building reports that will most likely not be handled or take ages to be dealt with. You, as Blaine roleplayer, can attest to what I have said above and probably even add more to that.

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, Tsarna said:

Well, if we take realistically - how much does an sports car cost and how much does REALISTICALLY an apartment in Los Angeles cost. I will go, that most car models IG, or what they are based IRL, cost a lot less, than apartments IG, even if you put 600 000-700 000 cars IG, which IRL cost 100 grand. 

Maybe those people just look at the prices realistically, not what the game gives them, if you want to argue about OOC stuff.

This.

Many cars on GTAW cost more than a luxury apartment, even if those cars are a lot of junk, which is absurd, be guided by that is nonsense, a Savestra is not a car that is expensive, but in GTAW it costs what it costs, in addition, living in such an area IRL doesn't mean that you are poor or you can't afford a car or two.

And no, I don't live in Sandy Shores or have an expensive car, I'm simply saying that if you are guided by the price of GTAW vehicles you are doing it wrong.

38 minutes ago, BigSmileLing said:

This.

Many cars on GTAW cost more than a luxury apartment, even if those cars are a lot of junk, which is absurd, be guided by that is nonsense, a Savestra is not a car that is expensive, but in GTAW it costs what it costs, in addition, living in such an area IRL doesn't mean that you are poor or you can't afford a car or two.

And no, I don't live in Sandy Shores or have an expensive car, I'm simply saying that if you are guided by the price of GTAW vehicles you are doing it wrong.

I have to agree with this to some extent. The price of vehicles isn't the problem; in fact, many vehicles with rusty liveries cost more because they have more customization options in general:

Kamacho at $114,000

Cheburek at $78,000

Fagaloa at $78,000

Yosemite Rancher at $108,000

Nebula at $108,000

Vamos at $155,000

What matters is if the vehicles blending in with their surroundings. None of the vehicles above are exactly "cheap" per say, but they work because they're capible of matching their surroundings.

• Wuhtah locked this topic