Do you keep GTA World a secret from your friends / family?

Geo.

I've told friends once while drunk, but from the look on their faces I don't think they really understood it. I just say I don't play it anymore, works easier. It really boggles me sometimes how I myself ever got into this and the understanding of it...

Interesting thread.

I openly tell my friends and my family, albeit they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. My partner however, he thinks its "lame" and "dorky" but accepts it nonetheless. Quote on quote 'Hurr durr cops and robbers".

When I was in school I didn't tell anyone I played NGG or LSRP because roleplaying to my mates was dressing up as a goon and playing dungeons and dragons or like when you're a kid playing army soldiers w toy guns.

I left school about 8 years ago and since the jump to PC some of the mates I talk to have started getting into RP through mainstream media so it's cool now, apart from the fact they all prefer voice but me being a samp boomer prefers text every day of the week

Na I wish I did because I get clowned for it. I had my screen seen at embarrassing times and my friend cracked a joke to my dad saying my character charges 5$ and he gave me the most disappointed look 🥺😭😂

Edited by Muerta

When I was in school, it was sort of "taboo" for people to play video games (specifically females). I'm not sure why this stigma came about because years later, I see so many of my old school pals posting about video games nowadays. I did grow up in a gaming family where we all gamed, but I definitely keep GTAW RP a secret because it's... too nerdy for me to talk about.

I used to hide my love of GTA RP even since my early SAMP days, I'm talking 09-10.

When people would ask what games I play all the time my usual response was "Oh you know just some GTA.SA" and that would be it. Though the past few years I've been more open about it to my friends and most understand the pull that kind of gameplay can have on someone. My family could honestly care less what I play on my PC. 😂

Edited by Rei
  • 2 weeks later...

I've mentioned it to my clinical supervisors as a way to keep my medical knowledge up, they think it's a lovely idea if it works for me.

There's no real point to hiding it, people don't really give a toss what you do. I enjoy playing GTA:W and yes I do get teased for it occasionally, but I dress up as a roman legionary and doctor as well so that's OK)

I don't hide this information. Anybody interested in what I am doing will get the info. There is no shame in it.

People close to me know I am a roleplayer, have been since early 2000's. First all kinds of MMO's, later even jumped on D&D and the like, and allowed everyone with an interest into my introductory games. Even converted my wife and her sister into it... and they are FAR from RP/nerdy people. I even told the minister for our wedding ceremony, ROFL! He wanted to know my hobbies, and I even got him to check out some videos about it. I always just say... RP is like cooperative improv theater. Solves so many discussions and confusion.

• Wuhtah locked this topic