Do you keep GTA World a secret from your friends / family?

Geo.

Good thing most of us do, or we'd have to be locked up for the sick shit we done over the years and the wild organized crime researches. I'm surprised FBI isn't by our doors asking questions. 😛

Nah, if people ask what I'm playing.. I let them know, its way better than that World of Warcraft crap people play, basically same concept just -realistic-.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, hentai! said:

I usually do, but situations where I bring it up don't cause any fuss, shaming etc. since most people don't give a shit or they don't get the concept.

I recently got my job in games testing and I met a homie who said he was roleplaying on a Polish server, we got into a discussion and it turned out I knew this dude for two years, he was an online homie, and now we met IRL at the same workplace.

Roleplay connects people :))

That’s pretty awesome. I’ve never met someone I knew except someone on R6 Siege. Me, my neighbor, my cousin and him went to the R6 Finals LAN in AC.

I've met real life partners, friends and other acquaintances IRL through RP and I've always been open about where we've met and what it is.

Im proud to be a roleplayer, as far as creative hobbies go it's quite difficult and in my opinion very fulfilling. Though there's naturally a fine line between hobby and taking it too far. 

No. I don't see the point in being ashamed of the things I enjoy. That doesn't mean I go out of my way to tell them everything I've done or do in the game or when I first meet someone I go "By the way, I play GTAW!" If the person comes over and the game is in the background I don't close it.

Then again most people I meet or get along with are gamers or D&D players, so they get it.

I've never hid it from anyone. Some people understand the concept and others don't. If they don't understand I'd usually just say, take the sims for example. You lead a certain life, you make choices that affect your character. But instead of the others being controlled by the PC, it's controlled by another player across the globe. Everyone knows the sims so that works pretty well. But not everyone understands, reason I've stopped playing for a while too since my partner hates it and it affects the relationship. Somethings are more important I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic