Do you keep GTA World a secret from your friends / family?

Geo.

Everyday I thank XqC, Sodapoppin and Summit1g for helping popularize GTA voice RP. Though, I have never told anybody except from a really good friend of mine that I haven't spoken to in years.

My sisters boyfriend also asked once what I was playing back in the SAMP days when and I just played it off as some cops and robbers shooter game, he definitely thought I was weird.

2 hours ago, Lop said:

but... those are the worst examples of roleplaying that could have possibly gone popular. They're tainting the name of RP to mean some kind of hypesquad metagame-rich cops and robbers full of memes, trolly roleplay and dumbass characters with no depth or development.

I've been more ashamed since they got popular to play roleplaying games than before.

I couldn't care less how poor the role play on those servers are, plus they're voice RP, they're meant to be RPG-trollish fun servers, I see the appeal. It's just easier to explain "hey I play GTA V role play" and then people will just instantly think of those examples and be like "oh that's cool"

family knew about it when i lived at home, housemate found out about it when i was asking about what particular drugs do over vc. she asked if she could play but i told her to buy gta and she decided against it.

best friend has known ive been rping for a long time, she used to watch me rp and randomly hit the space or enter buttons so sentences were posted incomplete or fucked up

all in all, not something i talk about in general but a manager in the company i work for asked me to join his fivem voice rp server when i said i gta rp when he asked, so, yeah

Edited by mggy

My dad knows, he asked me what I've been playing for 11 years, then wanted to learn more about it, so I explained it in detail. 

My friends just called me a faggot when they found out. 

Edited by SPANK BANK

I usually do, but situations where I bring it up don't cause any fuss, shaming etc. since most people don't give a shit or they don't get the concept.

I recently got my job in games testing and I met a homie who said he was roleplaying on a Polish server, we got into a discussion and it turned out I knew this dude for two years, he was an online homie, and now we met IRL at the same workplace.

Roleplay connects people :))

• Wuhtah locked this topic