What's your thoughts on /id (player) to see if your opposition is ingame?

therealmieky

Just now, therealmieky said:

Do you disagree with plenty of players using it to see if somebody is online strictly to rob or kill them?

How do you expect people to kill people without it? It's a necessary part of roleplay to counter the fact that people aren't always present like they are in real life.

I think it's a necessary evil. Obviously leads to MG but then again, I work 60 hour weeks as it is, I don't want to spend my free time scouring the map endlessly for someone who might not be there, be it to kill them or to meet up and chat. I can't just kick someone's door down while they're OOC asleep and murder them.

1 minute ago, Koko said:

I think it's a necessary evil. Obviously leads to MG but then again, I work 60 hour weeks as it is, I don't want to spend my free time scouring the map endlessly for someone who might not be there, be it to kill them or to meet up and chat. I can't just kick someone's door down while they're OOC asleep and murder them.

Totally agree with you, just want to hear others thoughts.

5 hours ago, Koko said:

I generally only do Legal roleplay, but I agree with this. Why would anyone want to spend their free time searching the map for someone that isn't even in game? It's not fun, and its probably not even good roleplay. Even if you do /id someone and find out they are online, they may not be somewhere you can get to them easily, or you might not even able to find them. I think its a necessary evil as said above.

6 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I feel it's a decent compromise when for obvious reasons characters can't be online 24/7, they're still there technically. 

I'd only have a problem with it's use if people changed their entire character's motive on the spot after spotting their rival online, that's obviously MG'ing. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic