Add Brickade for camping.

Marty

Short description: Add Brickade to be used for camping trips as an additional variation to the other two RV's.

Detailed description: Brickade is basically based on a Expedition Truck, more specifically based on  MAN TGS 26.480 6x6 Expedition Truck. In other words, its an camping vehicle intended to go places where your regular RV would not be able to go, like anywhere offroad. Often times I see the Campers being parked in places where they don't really intend to go or would simply get stuck. Only option is the Youga Classic 4x4, but it's tiny and not really suitable. Simply put, there's really nothing people can do about it and it is what it is. So it would be beneficial to have this truck available as something a bit more expensive, but more capable than the camper. It would need an interior the same as Camper and the same interior could be used, although if possible, a better looking one would be nice too. But not necessary. Picture below.

Spoiler

TfQleAp.png

jtGg8oz.png

Commands to add: Make it act the same way as the Camper RV, where you can enter an interior. Otherwise nothing.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Add more variation for camping options where you would have an choice to have a regular RV or something more capable.

Additional information: None.

Edited by Marty
Added picture.
  • Upvote 4

Odd that this hasn't had many reactions yet. I love the idea, please add this. It'll be useful for not only camping but a lot of events that require some kind of mobile base of operations. I'm thinking marathons, rally's and even legal race events that people host. Pretty much anything that gets hosted out in public and not in or around a business can take advantage of something like this. Even factions like Pillbox and Hope Health Group could use them as mobile health clinics to pull up to less developed areas of the city to provide free health care to the less fortunate souls of the city. Endless opportunities, I don't see any draw backs. Make it a little pricey so we don't have a huge influx of them. 

Edited by Martyn

The Brickade's purpose for GTA Online was to have an armored truck. In typical GTA Online fashion, it has a handling file that makes it go a lot faster than it should realistically. As mentioned, it's also armored so it makes it impossible to kill anyone inside. The vehicle can fill a very specific niche which is mostly covered by other vehicles. It's just a more modern looking version. As the vehicle has only one specific use and many ways to abuse it, opening it up to the public just isn't feasible at all. Even if it's restricted behind leasing, all it will take is one player to steal one while it's being used for camping and we'll have a massive armored vehicle loose for admins to deal with.

• Upvote 2

I'll have to disagree with this suggestion. Although I'm all for passive and especially camping role-play, this just isn't it. As Keane pointed out, the purpose of the Brickade was not to act as a normal, civilian camping RV but rather as an armored machine. It would be anything but realistic walking through the mountains and seeing a massive armored truck used as an RV.

2 hours ago, Keane said:

The Brickade's purpose for GTA Online was to have an armored truck. In typical GTA Online fashion, it has a handling file that makes it go a lot faster than it should realistically. As mentioned, it's also armored so it makes it impossible to kill anyone inside. The vehicle can fill a very specific niche which is mostly covered by other vehicles. It's just a more modern looking version. As the vehicle has only one specific use and many ways to abuse it, opening it up to the public just isn't feasible at all. Even if it's restricted behind leasing, all it will take is one player to steal one while it's being used for camping and we'll have a massive armored vehicle loose for admins to deal with.

I did forget about the fact of what Rockstar might have done to it. But after looking into it, it isn't really armoured. Takes same amount of explosives (not really relevant to us) as any other vehicle in GTA, same amount of shooting at it and while the windows offer small amount of resistance to gun fire, they do get broken and can be easily shot through. As seen here:

https://youtu.be/F2sP0Gaw-Y8?t=289

While even offering small amount of resistance, I would agree it isn't really feasible for civilians unless it's changed through modding.

But I will argue that niche is not covered by any other vehicle. There is no legitimate way of going camping offroad because you cannot take this Camper zsadTI4.jpg

Anywhere off the road which I keep seeing once in a while, like them being parked on beaches that have no way to get to without going through questionable ways to get there. And there is no other vehicle that could be used for more offroad intended camping. (I don't mean on top of mountains either). 

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

W- Eh? The Brickade is a DUNE truck, not a bloody camper van. 

No it's not. It's based on the MAN Expedition Truck that I mentioned earlier, here's a link for info about the IRL truck: https://www.expedition-trucks.com/man-tgs-26.480-6x6-luxurious-expedition-truck. Maybe look into it before saying anything? 

IeRLRHi.png

Also, there is a Dune truck in the game which this is - https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Dune