The Los Santos News Network and you

Ace_

My character NEEDS the media, it keeps him on his toes and gives me all sorts of RP and considerations I'd not have without LSNN.

Honestly? I'd like to see another news broadcaster, more competition, fighting over stories, getting "first dibs" on a story if you have a good relation with someone like my char for example.

I'd like to see more roleplay for assistants, as Geo says, camera operators, sound technicians and so on. The possibilty of having a bad broadcast due to actual IC technical difficulties or interruptions, that sort of thing.

Either way, I know I'll RP with Dennis more in future, it's a pleasure as always!

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Stop being afraid of losing your liaisons and get out there reporting on government mistakes (prison, police brutality)

This is also part of the reason I left.

Properly RPd investigative journalism is very time consuming. Interviews, research, reaching out to corroborating witnesses, written requests for information from within the government body/organization, establishing the provenance of any evidence you obtain, speaking to LSNN's legal department about the article before it goes to print, seeking official comment, writing it, editing it, seeking comment from your editor, and re-editing....

When you're too cozy to a department, it makes it difficult for LSNN's journalists to commit IC to unbiased investigative reporting of that department. It also means OOC that I'd have serious second thoughts about even commencing the effort if there was a real risk - after I'd done everything right - that the article was going to be kept back from print just to preserve relationships.

Sure, preservation of those relationships is fun "backroom deals" RP for LSNN management and the department liaisons, but it's potentially chilling RP for the journalists putting in the hours to write your articles.

My experience was before @YB was there, though. It might have changed. 🙂

The only other suggestion I'd make is that, if you haven't already, you really need to set up quality control in your editorial division. "Groove Street" should never have gotten through.

Aside from that, I like the level of activity you all now have.

• Applaud 1

Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated. I've read it, even though I haven't replied. I apologise for not replying, I've gotten caught up with stuff. 

For everyone who would like to help out with the faction, please join, it offers a great experience with journalism roleplay!

Furthermore, my discord is YB#6135 if you want to share your opinions, ideas or advices privately or just to get in contact with the leadership. 

You can see our roleplay on our faction thread here:

LSNN - Los Santos News Network - Media Outlets - GTA World Forums - GTA V Heavy Roleplay Server

On 5/14/2021 at 10:59 AM, thelostart22 said:

I love this kind of rp and if I was fluent enough in English I would totally go for it. 

Following the news on tv IG is great too! 

You've passed the application to join the server, so you are fluent enough for the LSNN too! Give it a try, if you do a mistake IC as an intern, it is not a problem. Things can be learned. You are welcome to apply! 🙂

• Wuhtah locked this topic