Staff team rework & Server future

Many of you expressed concerns regarding the overall activity and especially staff members activity.

Next GTMP update will be coming in a few days, which will then lead to the beginning of our advertisement campaign. The goal will be to bring back old players, and attract new ones.

However, such campaign cannot be built upon an inactive team and while being ingame/active on forum when our current population is low is a difficult task, it is a needed one from our team members.

All inactive staff members, including developers, will be removed from the team and offered to reinstate later when they're back motivated and active.

The current process (tester, admin training, admin levels..) is slow and doesn't allow us to immediately place the right people at the right positions. I think that it is fair to give everyone in the community the chance to proove that they're motivated to help. Many of you came with great ideas lately, discussed about how to improve the server and get players back, well it's time for you to join the team!

I'm going to re-organize the team and key positions in order to allow anyone to join at roles they think they would be a good addition at. Everyone will have a month to proove that they're indeed fit for the role, and you will not need to go through months of applications review/simple reports handling before being able to have an important role on the server. If you're fit for it, you get the role.

How will it work? You send me a private message with the following information:

UCP name:

Character names:

Discord name:

Role requested: Describe the role you think you would be good at, especially If it doesn't exist yet (you want to be head of forum moderation for example, explain me why such role would be a good addition to the server). You can ask from tester to management too If you think that this is where you belong.

Why would you be a good fit for the role? Convince me why It would be worth to accept you at the position you requested, what are your past good actions on the server and what you are planning to do with that role.

There is no "accepted" or "denied" answer, If I think you're fit for the role or for any similar role you'll be contacted on Discord where we will have a long discussion regarding your motivation and your plans. Your current player activity, suggestions, and the content you provided to the community (from discussions or roleplay) will be analyzed. This is not an easy way to join the staff team, It will be way more elitist than our current tester recruitment process but It'll allow you to directly join where you'll be good at, as tester or lead admin.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
  • Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic