Group Chat's

slump

Short description: The implementation of a group chat that allows characters to communicate in an in-character way that is considered more RP, rather than people having to resort to using a radio.
Detailed description: There's another suggestion up about how radio's should be changed and while I agree, I also think that we should provide another alternative in character way for people to communicate with one another in a larger group without having to resort to using the radio like it's a normal thing. Obviously the phone script might take ample effort and a re vamp would be quite time consuming as well as implementation of a new function. My suggestion, is to take the current radio script we have in game and simply make a copy of it's function and adjust the names of commands, as well as some of the inputs(Or make up it's own function and set of commands independent and unique to this suggested feature, I was thinking of ease of availability and scripting from developer POV). Make it so if you have a contract phone, you're able to /setgcslot (Group chat slot), /setgcname (character usage instead of numbers?), /gc (Speaking into the group chat), and any other radio related commands that need to be changed to fit this new function. It should also be noted that the group chat function shouldn't show up in chat as if you're speaking, and the /ame for *John Doe has typed something on their phone* popping up above the head when it's used instead, as if you're regularly sending an SMS, .  As it is right now, people use radio's for communication when they shouldn't, why? Because there's no other alternative that actually works reasonably well. Every modern phone has this function and we do not, this simple duplication of the radio script (Or similar scripted function) could be a quick fix to the issue now for people using radio's until we can get something better.

Commands to add: This could be a simple temporary solution until we're able to get a better phone script that could in the future be a better option that's more advanced. 

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? I feel like this suggestion would improve the server by allowing those who are forced to use the in game radio for IC communication when it doesn't make as much sense, to be able to freely communicate in larger groups in an in character way without using up a radio. 

Additional information: None. 

Edited by ayame
  • Upvote 3

Agreed, I really hate the radio thing. Everyone's acting like they all carry around CB radios all with their own little personal cliques on them and they're entirely logless, gives no way for anything to be tracked or looked into by either criminals or LEOs. Love the idea of a group chat system.

• 3 months later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic