Why are Fire Marshals closing businesses if there are so few of them, that they can not do inspections?

Tsarna

3 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

1851770353_Availability4-17-19.png.fe7a555cd3374eca8fcb722e8d539b2b.png
Maybe you'd like to revise that earlier statement? This was taken from the city government portal on April 17th of 2019 - the only slot filled out was two weeks out of date. At the time, I'd been seeking an inspection since January for my own business. Is this a recipe for success?

I don't know why you defend meaningless bureaucracy so vehemently, but it's not doing anyone any favors.

My bad then and I apologize - this screenshot is before I joined. And well, the three top characters on the list were literally the City Treasurer, the City Ops' Officer and an alt of the Mayor himself, so that explains it. However, the business licensing was shut down on July 2020, so you are trying to prove something using evidence that's older than a year, as if nothing can happen within a year. 

@Tsarna "This is all good and fine. But you all should get your stuff working fine before you start closing businesses and so on. Just saying. Aint our fault, that two Fire Marshals are around in the server and both have the same timezone. 

I would also agree, that everything should go with one swoop to make it fast and that people won´t have issues. As for now - there are issues, as ya can see. "

I agree, which is exactly why the Government hasn't acted on anything yet until we're fully set to go. But yes, we will look into working with the State Fire Marshals to make this process easier for the applicants.

Edited by Pogis

I'm not familiar with what is true and what is not true but the following statement is worrying and is heavily restricting people in what they can do.

"This came to a halt on the 23th of February, when the business was shut down by the Fire Marshalls for an overdue inspection. Mister Monroe filed the request for an inspection too late, which is a fact we do not dispute in this petition.

We dispute the fact that it has taken the Fire Marshalls nearly three weeks to even respond or acknowledge receiving the inspection request my client filed on the same day the business got closed."

As I said, I do not know all of the contents to this, I'm only basing it off from one source but if this is the case, I'd like to see the system changed temporarily until all issues have been resolved. You can't let a player wait 3 out of game weeks because you're neglecting your duties. 

I cannot help but agree with this. While it's perfectly realistic to need fire safety inspections and standards for businesses, the fact that it relies so heavily on so few people who have such conflicting time zones is a major issue. Not to mention the amount of tension it creates. I can't name a single business owner who has a positive opinion of the marshals ICly, specifically because of this.

Something needs to change.

8 minutes ago, Pogis said:

we haven't been able to get a working platform by GTA:W web devs so it's all happening on the different forums for now

Yeah as I told people already in samp, leave it on the main forums where people find it instead to try to increase traffic for gov websites.

Unless I wanna join, interview the mayor or do aqnything else that actively involves my character with the gov faction, don't force me ooc to go there.

3 minutes ago, knppel said:

Yeah as I told people already in samp, leave it on the main forums where people find it instead to try to increase traffic for gov websites.

Unless I wanna join, interview the mayor or do aqnything else that actively involves my character with the gov faction, don't force me ooc to go there.

Sidenote: THIS! What the hell is wrong with the LSPD and LSFD sites as well. Every time I try to log back in after some time to do something, what needs to be done IC-ly, it says that Admins banned me. Make some extra forum threads here for PD and FD and SD. And all would be cool. Even government stuff can be on the same forum. Why make twenty other sites, where I need to register. 

Edited by Tsarna

Fire Inspections, especially those that shut businesses down, especially if done for OOC reasons (e.g. a lease-holder not having enough furniture slots because the leased property is well in the four digits with furniture objects present) doesn't contribute to any meaningful roleplay whatsoever. This, combined with general unavailability and lack of motivation from SFM side leads me to believe that it's not really an addition that's needed that much at the end of the day and only serves as an extra layer of deterrent for new, up and coming business owners or future lease holders.

Just now, Mecovy said:

i support the fire marshals

I would too, if they would get their act together and have actually a group, where different timezones would be covered. Closing businesses OOC-ly for three weeks in a row is something which is utter nonsense and that is why, as they are now, they should not do it, if they lack the manpower.

2 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

Sidenote: THIS! What the hell is wrong with the LSPD and LSFD sites as well. Every time I try to log back in after some time to do something, what needs to be done IC-ly, it says that Admins banned me. Make some extra forum threads here for PD and FD and SD. And all would be cool. Even government stuff can be on the same forum. Why make twenty other sites, where I need to register. 

Not as easy as you think it to just setup a forum section here for all the other factions.

We have the system we do because it's the most efficient way to keep things working and with the level of confidentiality needed as well.

10 minutes ago, Pogis said:

My bad then and I apologize - this screenshot is before I joined. And well, the three top characters on the list were literally the City Treasurer, the City Ops' Officer and an alt of the Mayor himself, so that explains it. However, the business licensing was shut down on July 2020, so you are trying to prove something using evidence that's older than a year, as if nothing can happen within a year.

We can argue about business licensing elsewhere. The purpose of my post was to point out that we've been here before with disastrous results.

Four people does not a faction make.

If you can't get enough people to accommodate the entirety of the server within a reasonable timeframe, you have no right to shut down businesses - whether this be through business licensing, required construction contracting, fire codes, or whatever ill-conceived "realistic" barrier to entry will come along next.

All these things are sequestered away on other forums with their own logins and their own systems, etc etc. It's mind numbingly inefficient, not to mention difficult for anyone to navigate - to the point we're punishing business owners IC for being unable to navigate the OOC shitshow. I know we're going for teh realism but I think we're really overdoing government inefficiency if we're not going to take accountability for the fact that there's just not that much interest in *checks a box on his clipboard* RP.

Edited by Smilesville