Why are Fire Marshals closing businesses if there are so few of them, that they can not do inspections?

Tsarna

So, this is getting quite sad - the Fire Marshals are shutting down businesses, and then they get the contacts and all, and not contact people for three weeks. And when people call them, they go "We will come to you eventually" and OOC-ly tell "different timezone". If you people do not have people around in other timezones, then do not close down businesses. The business owners do not have to be online in the middle of the night ooc-ly, if you can only come online at certain times. Of at least reach out to them in Forum PM-s. You guys do nothing at all. Why do we have to write down our numbers and out forum account, if you do not use them to reach out to people. Good example of them (not the only one): 

This is also an OOC problem, if they do not have the people being around at different timezones, only certain ones. Until they do not have enough people for coming online at different times, stop closing businesses down.

• Applaud 1

marshals shouldnt be retroactively shutting down businesses, thats the thing i hated about being a marshal. it stuns business roleplay and its simply not fun to shut down businesses, yes people should have a license and all but shutting them down is a bit far, marshals are inactive as hell. 

the person that can authorise a business shut down when I was a marshal was the Chief or Deputy Chief Marshal, and it was handed out fairly rarely in my time, but things have chanced since then. when i was a marshal there was only 4 active people and it sucked doing inspections 24/7. 

source: was a marshal

This is the same nonsense that got business licensing shut down - an inspection was required to start your business when the entire availability chart for the entire department was TBD save for one guy. The inspection was always a pedantic walk around the inside of the building before they'd say "okay, cool."

Like this fire marshal business inspection nonsense, it serves no purpose other than creating needless difficulties for businesses. I was present in one such business when two marshals elected to arrive unannounced and demand the place close down because they couldn't find a fire extinguisher.

It's the same level of meaningless pedantry that gets in the way of folks who want to create RP for others - just shut the entire thing down.

• Upvote 1

Fire Marshals only serve to add an extra layer of both IC and OOC bureaucracy, which this server is already plagued by.

If they suddenly disappeared, a good number of people would a better experience on this server and the rest wouldn't notice or care.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

This is the same nonsense that got business licensing shut down - an inspection was required to start your business when the entire availability chart for the entire department was TBD save for one guy. The inspection was always a pedantic walk around the inside of the building before they'd say "okay, cool."

Like this fire marshal business inspection nonsense, it serves no purpose other than creating needless difficulties for businesses. I was present in one such business when two marshals elected to arrive unannounced and demand the place close down because they couldn't find a fire extinguisher.

It's the same level of meaningless pedantry that gets in the way of folks who want to create RP for others - just shut the entire thing down.

Please, do stop spreading fake information about business licensing. It was never shut down because of 'this reason', nor was the availability chart set as 'TBD' for everyone unless one guy. Thank you.

1 minute ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Tbh, let the Licensing Bureau of the government include a fire inspection?

Speaking of this - the Department of Finance were concluding fire inspections together with their business license inspections, but since SFM was formed they took over it. We were working on a joint platform where people can request everything at once (registration, licensing and fire inspection) but since Rockford's resignation, we haven't been able to get a working platform by GTA:W web devs so it's all happening on the different forums for now. We will try and work something out as soon as possible, though.

1 minute ago, Pogis said:

Please, do stop spreading fake information about business licensing. It was never shut down because of 'this reason', nor was the availability chart set as 'TBD' for everyone unless one guy. Thank you.

1851770353_Availability4-17-19.png.fe7a555cd3374eca8fcb722e8d539b2b.png
Maybe you'd like to revise that earlier statement? This was taken from the city government portal on April 17th of 2019 - the only slot filled out was two weeks out of date. At the time, I'd been seeking an inspection since January for my own business. Is this a recipe for success?

I don't know why you defend meaningless bureaucracy so vehemently, but it's not doing anyone any favors.

• Upvote 5
4 minutes ago, Pogis said:

Speaking of this - the Department of Finance were concluding fire inspections together with their business license inspections, but since SFM was formed they took over it. We were working on a joint platform where people can request everything at once (registration, licensing and fire inspection) but since Rockford's resignation, we haven't been able to get a working platform by GTA:W web devs so it's all happening on the different forums for now. We will try and work something out as soon as possible, though.

This is all good and fine. But you all should get your stuff working fine before you start closing businesses and so on. Just saying. Aint our fault, that two Fire Marshals are around in the server and both have the same timezone. 

I would also agree, that everything should go with one swoop to make it fast and that people won´t have issues. As for now - there are issues, as ya can see.