The truck robbery overhaul 1.0

joaoivis

9 minutes ago, Henning said:

Both, the objective of crime is to make money. The problem with truck robberies is that because of the way crates are scripted, the value isn't in the contents of your truck, it's your wallet. Which I agree is totally idiotic, people shouldn't be robbing truck drivers for their wallets.

Right now, if I do a proper truck robbery where I give the truck driver great RP. I don't even take his belongings because he complies with the robbery. What do I walk away with? A truck full of junk.  Crates are only truly useable by truckers, I can't sell them under the table to someone for use in their business, I can't create any RP with them after the initial robbery. For someone who talks about roleplay, you seem to fail to see all the fantastic RP potential in this change.

People want to see robberies be more then just low tier muggings but they fail to realize they are limited to that by the rules and lack of script support.

Uhm let me ask you a question, I've heard people getting robbed at terminal or places like this, so how can someone first of all get access to this area (realistically Terminal is a restricted area since only vans and trucks should be allowed in), second realistically the area would be full of cameras so it's just lame to see someone who is a wannabe thug that robs a driver in a high security area, third I feel like you guys want just to have quick access to almost "free" money. IRL it's really difficult to pull out a truck hijack, people use other methods to make money by stealing the goods and you should use a bit of imagination to find another way.

Also in my opinion the only real way to hijack a truck would be to stop it in the middle of the street and demand for the vehicle but you have to remember we drive pretty heavy vehicles and it's really simple to escape an ambush with them. What will happen is that robbers will report the drivers for fear rp which is bs because: 1 I'm in a bigger and heavyer vehicle, 2 I can have a gun on my person and you could get killed pretty easily, 3 again the vehicle shape and mass allows me to pretty much do almost anything. 

This suggestion feels to me as a pretty easy way for criminals to get free money for doing nothing. I've seen posts where mobs stole someone else van full of booze so this is something already happens. If you want to pull those things off you don't need a script to do so, then again this shows how you guys just want to steal goods easily with really poor ic reasons.

This is a great suggestion.

To counter the spawning in of valuable items out of thin air I'd say the owners of the truck (whether it is a company or an individual) should be taxed somewhere in the region of $250-$500 per crate. This can be reasoned as insurance premiums, failed delivery penalties, whatever. It gives truck drivers incentive to be security conscious too.

11 minutes ago, SpritDodo said:

Uhm let me ask you a question, I've heard people getting robbed at terminal or places like this, so how can someone first of all get access to this area (realistically Terminal is a restricted area since only vans and trucks should be allowed in), second realistically the area would be full of cameras so it's just lame to see someone who is a wannabe thug that robs a driver in a high security area.

Nobody is arguing for hijackings at the port terminal.

IRL it's really difficult to pull out a truck hijack

There are a million and one ways to steal things out of the back of a truck without it being a hijacking. 

third I feel like you guys want just to have quick access to almost "free" money. People use other methods to make money by stealing the goods and you should use a bit of imagination to find another way.

This suggestion feels to me as a pretty easy way for criminals to get free money for doing nothing. I've seen posts where mobs stole someone else van full of booze so this is something already happens. If you want to pull those things off you don't need a script to do so, then again this shows how you guys just want to steal goods easily with really poor ic reasons.

This is said literally everytime criminal RPers ask for a new way to fund their ventures because traditional ventures like guns and drugs are so ungodly fucked. Theft happens, theft is very common. Most methods of thievery aren't feasible on the server because of various script limitations, but lifting things out of a truck could very well be one of the things that can work. 

What will happen is that robbers will report the drivers for fear rp which is bs because: 1 I'm in a bigger and heavyer vehicle, 2 I can have a gun on my person and you could get killed pretty easily, 3 again the vehicle shape and mass allows me to pretty much do almost anything.

I mean, if you wanna risk your life for two crates that aren't even yours for your employer be my guest.

Edited by Pádraig
3 minutes ago, Pádraig said:

Nobody is arguing for hijackings at the port terminal.

Well I don't know every single pick-up point are highly security areas where realistically should be monitored by cameras around, I don't know if you ever worked irl in this domain but the way is made in game is pretty poor as realistically everything that moves from a place to another is insured, tracked and made sure that it arrives at destination.

5 minutes ago, Pádraig said:

There are a million and one ways to steal things out of the back of a truck without it being a hijacking. 

Please be my guest and explain me how.

6 minutes ago, Pádraig said:

This is said literally everytime criminal RPers ask for a new way to fund their ventures because traditional ventures like guns and drugs are so ungodly fucked. Theft happens, theft is very common. Most methods of thievery aren't feasible on the server because of various script limitations, but lifting things out of a truck could very well be one of the things that can work. 

I'm pretty sure that methods of making money are doable but you guys just want to be backed up by a script to make money, can't you find a good roleplay to make money? When I started this server I liked the idea to become part of a mob family, but soon found out it's not something I'm good at. I've met multiple people and almost all of them told me to focus more on the roleplay because money will start coming, and it worked. If you want just script money do something else please.

10 minutes ago, Pádraig said:

I mean, if you wanna risk your life for two crates that aren't even yours for your employer be my guest.

It's not like that, crates are bought from our own money so please excuse me if I want to protect my money from being stolen.

Good idea on paper, but way too complex a system for something that in practice is just going to turn into the usual mess.

Also, as someone who has done a lot of very involved trucking RP before, I'd much rather have a couple of people try and take my wallet every couple of days than create a system that will prey on one profession only and encourage people to roll four deep in a Speedo waiting to rob in areas that would realistically be full of CCTV and even security checks.

Truck-related robberies are already a bit of a travesty as they are. I recommend people give trucking a go during peak times, particularly at night, and see what they think about the idea of encouraging more of the current behaviour (which is a known issue and has been forever but no fix other than /reports can really help). Sorry illegal RPers, but I don't want to add to illegal RP possibilities by destroying a job that is already plagued by issues concerning portrayal of robberies.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Phased said:

5ac25f353f806403bd37ee8a8567aa34.gif

I'd give it a week till we saw literally this.

This already happens quite a bit, it's usually black SUVs or black dirtbikes with 2 people on them driving up to trucks that are already moving in the docks at usually around 30-40 Mph and telling them to pull over. 

7 hours ago, joaoivis said:

Detailed description: Right now truck robbing is a gray area and a not so common activity in the server (which is something very common in LA). 

If by truck robbing you mean hijacking the vehicle/the crates themselves, it isn't not so common, it doesn't exist. Truck robberies on the other hand, happen many times in a single day and usually either in the county or inside the docks where most suppliers are. It seems right now, the Terminal is basically a mix of Mad Max and Runescape wilderness since truckers are guaranteed to have cash on them because for some reason they pay the suppliers for the load itself and get paid upfront in cash due to the script. It's already very jarring to see people pull up in front of moving trucks with a black sedan to get them to stop or to trail trucks with 2 people on dirtbikes with machine pistols IN THE DOCKS and I don't think this would help at all. Chain robbery rules won't help much either since it only blocks the people that performed the robbery so it ends up not changing much especially on peak hours when the server has quite a lot of players and this is a quick and easy cash grab.

Edited by Enlightening
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Pádraig said:

What will happen is that robbers will report the drivers for fear rp which is bs because: 1 I'm in a bigger and heavyer vehicle, 2 I can have a gun on my person and you could get killed pretty easily, 3 again the vehicle shape and mass allows me to pretty much do almost anything.

I don't know, I grew up in a poor neighborhood where many family men were truckers and I wouldn't mess with the vast majority of them.

• Applaud 1
3 hours ago, Nervous said:

I mean, we specifically scripted it to avoid that. We don't want to see trucking robberies happening all day long, and unfortunately that's what will happen if we make it profitable. I don't see it being a good RP addition at all

You can put a limit to it, or even do like the /breakin system and request an admin to oversee the roleplay, I just think this won't hurt the amount of truck robberies in any ways since they already happen. It will just change the way of income, people will need to be creative to make money with truck robberies and not just grab 5k from a players wallet.