Don't Allow 👍, 👏, or 🥇on Forum Reports

Just now, MickeyO said:

wtf r u talking about bro? "Strawman arguments" what does this mean to you?

Thanks for asking. When you said:

On 3/10/2021 at 6:18 PM, MickeyO said:

Who takes the like button serious anyways? I stopped caring about how many likes I got when I was a younger. I guess everyone is different.

, it sounded a lot like "you care about how many likes you get? that's immature, i stopped being that immature a long time ago". 

...though this post has nothing to do with how many likes I get. But in hindsight, your post didn't actually really make any sense and was pretty off topic so maybe it wasn't a strawman at all.

image.png.6fa902845eed771c0322a511d513d0e4.png

2 hours ago, u10sil said:

Definition and Examples of the Straw Man Fallacy

It isn't a strawman, as Admins are expected to be objective about reports, regardless as to whether one is favorable by the majority, or not. An admin doesn't simply support a side because it has more people supporting that side. If a mob of ten people gun down on one person, and those ten people were in the wrong? Then, the admin would punish those ten people. 

Removing the button doesn't change any thing and only produces more complicated work for staff members as the "like" button is universally applied to all areas on the forums. They'd have to re-work an entire system over something so miniscule and insignificant to an Admin's decisions of a report.

Want to find out how to resolve this issue? File an admin report if you believe that the admins are biased. Simple as that.

Edited by DLimit
14 minutes ago, DLimit said:

It isn't a strawman, as Admins are expected to be objective about reports, regardless as to whether one is favorable by the majority, or not. An admin doesn't simply support a side because it has more people supporting that side. If a mob of ten people gun down on one person, and those ten people were in the wrong? Then, the admin would punish those ten people. 

Removing the button doesn't change any thing and only produces more complicated work for staff members as the "like" button is universally applied to all areas on the forums. They'd have to re-work an entire system over something so miniscule and insignificant to an Admin's decisions of a report.

Want to find out how to resolve this issue? File an admin report if you believe that the admins are biased. Simple as that.

Why do reactions belong on forum reports to begin with?

3 minutes ago, u10sil said:

Why do reactions belong on forum reports to begin with?

What you don't seem to understand is that it's universally applied to every single area of the forums. You can either A) Keep the "like" system on the forums or B) Remove the "like" button from the forums. It isn't feasible to remove the "like" button from the forums for one small area of the forums that has zero impact on an Admin's decisions. Thus, this is why people are disagreeing with this suggestion, as it's too much more for something that has zero impact on an admin's decisions within the player report section of the forums.

Edited by DLimit
11 hours ago, DLimit said:

You can either A) Keep the "like" system on the forums or B) Remove the "like" button from the forums. It isn't feasible to remove the "like" button from the forums for one small area of the forums

Ive never worked with Invision Community forums  admin panel system or w/e but a quick google search turned up quite a few options for this/plugins/etc. If it’s possible at all, the effort seems like it would be pretty minimal. 

@Nervous can probably speak to that a bit more