Don't Allow šŸ‘, šŸ‘, or šŸ„‡on Forum Reports

55 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I definitely support it but I don't think it's doable, it's either full disable or allowed. Might need to be checked.

If not doable script-wise, it could be a rule for that section of the forums.

2 minutes ago, u10sil said:

not sure what you're talking about, carlos' feelings do get hurt a lot though. he's kind of soft.

Ā 

anyway no, i would never insult anyone. i was just characterizing the posts as strawman arguments

Ā 

Ā 

edit: that's not true, i insult people a lot. but i wouldn't do that on a suggestion

Me personally I like to see things that the community interact with, even if it is a troll post. It also can go to prove a point that others agree with something, especially if its a high profile report. I don't think removing it would be worth the trouble nor implementing a rule that silly.

1 minute ago, Bandit0621 said:

Me personally I like to see things that the community interact with, even if it is a troll post. It also can go to prove a point that others agree with something, especially if its a high profile report. I don't think removing it would be worth the trouble nor implementing a rule that silly.

I also like seeing the community interact with stuff on forum reports. A lot of the time it's entertainingĀ if not even informative, like you said (ala seeing what the community thinks about someone's opinion/argument/etc).

Ā 

But that's sort of the point.Ā Reports should beĀ objective grounds for reporting a player and then an admin reviews it, determines whether to take any action based on chatting it out with the involved parties, and that's it. Not a place for people to vote their favorite responses and stuff. It's kind of silly.

Ā 

ifĀ it's possible to do this, i think the effort would be zero to none. the rule would take about 30 seconds to write.

Ā 

11 minutes ago, u10sil said:

not sure what you're talking about, carlos' feelings do get hurt a lot though. he's kind of soft.

Ā 

anyway no, i would never insult anyone. i was just characterizing the posts as strawman arguments

Ā 

Ā 

edit: that's not true, i insult people a lot. but i wouldn't do that on a suggestion

wtf r u talking about bro? "Strawman arguments" what does this mean to you?

Just now, u10sil said:

I also like seeing the community interact with stuff on forum reports. A lot of the time it's entertainingĀ if not even informative, like you said (ala seeing what the community thinks about someone's opinion/argument/etc).

Ā 

But that's sort of the point.Ā Reports should beĀ objective grounds for reporting a player and then an admin reviews it, determines whether to take any action based on chatting it out with the involved parties, and that's it. Not a place for people to vote their favorite responses and stuff. It's kind of silly.

Ā 

ifĀ it's possible to do this, i think the effort would be zero to none. the rule would take about 30 seconds to write.

Ā 

Ā I don't form decisions based on what someone +1's in a forum report, and I doubt the admin team does either. I don't think its warranted at all.Ā 

• Upvote 1