Don't Allow πŸ‘, πŸ‘, or πŸ₯‡on Forum Reports

There is no reason why somebody should be able to πŸ‘, πŸ‘, or πŸ₯‡a post on a forum report.

Forum reports should be a place where one party can report another party for a perceived rule violation, and where staff members then make objective decisions.

Β 

Allowing people to romanticize/gamify forum reports is pretty backwards.

Β 

An less-preferred but alternative implementation (if disabling reactions in a subforum is not possible) is to make "reactions" follow the same rules as posting: if you're not involved you're not involved, so you shouldn't be posting or reacting. It's just disruptive.

Β 

Edited by u10sil
  • Upvote 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Applaud 2
  • u10sil changed the title to Don't Allow πŸ‘, πŸ‘, or πŸ₯‡on Forum Reports
1 hour ago, Sebz said:

Reactions on reports encourages toxic behavior. One side is always gonna react to their friends and it holds no true merit.

This pretty much sums it up, reactions have no place in player reports as they are not ment to be bread and circuses for the playerbase to meme about and post reactions to the most edgy or cool comment. It should be a clean slate with arguments / explanations from all involved parties and then an admin decision taken, no need for any reactions from individual players that have nothing to do with the reports.

Being an admin, I'll support this, we already have people post on reports when they have zero connection to it, having the upvotes removed/disabled/enforced will add to that fact.

Β 

And I've seen a good amount of reports where the "toxic" reply is upvoted a shit ton, and a regular reply that's not stirring drama, is untouched.

Β 

+1

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
7 minutes ago, JeffMan3 said:

Being an admin, I'll support this, we already have people post on reports when they have zero connection to it, having the upvotes removed/disabled/enforced will add to that fact.

Β 

And I've seen a good amount of reports where the "toxic" reply is upvoted a shit ton, and a regular reply that's not stirring drama, is untouched.

Β 

+1

Also used for mocking against one of the parties, with the reactions... Which petty much breaks the forum and server rules.

Basicly Jeff said everything than was needed to.