Yard-Line Crip

Playboii

On 3/9/2021 at 12:07 PM, Playboii said:

having "moved into the area from "Chicago". This type of roleplay will get you immediate disapproval and dislike, and you may even be forcibly removed from the area in-character.

I always found gangs that said this kinda weird. It's also funny to me because as a kid you can't help where you move to, you live with your parents. The guy that made BPS in cali is from Chicago IL but didn't have a problem moving to cali and becoming a blood. Locks on area really make no sense, its more on how your character development goes to how you become apart of your environment learning slang from where you moved to picking up on things that you have to adapt to. You also limit the roleplay within your gang of someone moving to your area and having to adapt to the new area and having to learn the ways of your neighborhood.

20 minutes ago, Draft 2 Tha Streets said:

I always found gangs that said this kinda weird. It's also funny to me because as a kid you can't help where you move to, you live with your parents. The guy that made BPS in cali is from Chicago IL but didn't have a problem moving to cali and becoming a blood. Locks on area really make no sense, its more on how your character development goes to how you become apart of your environment learning slang from where you moved to picking up on things that you have to adapt to. You also limit the roleplay within your gang of someone moving to your area and having to adapt to the new area and having to learn the ways of your neighborhood.

It’s frowned upon because small California hoods are pretty harsh to outsiders or people who didn’t grow up there, it’s also a trend for nooby role players to say their character is from Chicago/out of town (speaking from experience because I did the same exact thing when I joined the server a few years ago)

23 minutes ago, Draft 2 Tha Streets said:

Agreed completely but I'm sure the full original sentence ensures that players know that you can still be from Chicago if you are UNDER 17.

If you come to the faction saying that you're a 14 year old who's parents just moved in, you might be disliked by some of the other kids anyway for being an outsider but you stick around because "your parents" moved you there and as you said yourself, your character has no choice, and I guarantee that eventually, an older member will involve your character in some illegal schemes and you can still be recruited.

If you come to the faction saying that you're a 22 year old who used to be a gang-member in Chicago and now you're here to "join the gang", you will definitely receive that immediate disapproval and dislike that we talked about earlier.

Here is the full sentence that you quoted earlier. I've bolded out the part that notes the importance of the age.

On 3/9/2021 at 3:07 PM, Playboii said:

Under no circumstances, should those who are above the age of 17, approach the gang, having "moved into the area from "Chicago". This type of roleplay will get you immediate disapproval and dislike, and you may even be forcibly removed from the area in-character.

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1