Add a '/wre' reply command to whispers, similar to '/re' PM replies.

BaBulie

9 minutes ago, Mistery14 said:

The only problem I would see with this, is that it could be used to powergame a situation - It's a little specific, but I could see it being used to PG through a robbery so the chances of getting caught would be minimal. Like say someone uses /wre exclusively through a robbery in a somewhat crowded area. Of course, they probably wouldn't rob in the first place if that's the case, but still! If there are people around, /wre would make it so that only the intended player is affected and no one would be able to tell what's going on because they cannot read it.

Other people would just see two characters next to each other and pay little to no attention, when in reality that person would probably either get physical in their attempt to rob a person (i.e grab them), or someone would be able to pick up a cue that something isn't quite right. But we don't have contextual animations and they wouldn't be able to read what's going on.

But this is already true with the normal whisper command though.

My suggestion of /wre simply removes the need to have to type the name of who you're whispering to after the initial whisper.

Edited by BaBulie
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, BaBulie said:

But this is already true with the normal whisper command though.

My suggestion of /wre simply removes the need to have to type the name of who you're whispering to after the initial whisper.

Not exactly I'd say. Whispering is specific to conversations and not actions so it makes sense for people to not be able to hear it from further away, if someone is 10 feet away in a noisy area they won't be picking up on the whispering of course.

But for /mes it's different, it's supposed to act as a written physical action. And thus people would normally be able to see what you're doing if they're looking at you. 

Again the idea is great, I support it and it'd definitely be useful even though it'd most likely get abused, but again I feel like potential abuse shouldn't be a deal breaker for suggestions. Nonetheless, /wre makes it hard for other people to know what your character is doing even when they'd realistically be seeing you doing it, if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Mistery14 said:

Not exactly I'd say. Whispering is specific to conversations and not actions so it makes sense for people to not be able to hear it from further away, if someone is 10 feet away in a noisy area they won't be picking up on the whispering of course.

But for /mes it's different, it's supposed to act as a written physical action. And thus people would normally be able to see what you're doing if they're looking at you. 

Again the idea is great, I support it and it'd definitely be useful even though it'd most likely get abused, but again I feel like potential abuse shouldn't be a deal breaker for suggestions. Nonetheless, /wre makes it hard for other people to know what your character is doing even when they'd realistically be seeing you doing it, if that makes sense.

I still don't understand sorry. It's literally the normal whisper command that's always been there, except now you just need to define who you're whispering to the first time you whisper. Every subsequent time you can just use /wre for ease of use. So you can already abuse it the way you describe.

Example how it is now:

Thomas does the command: "/w Ben Hey let's rob that person."

Ben does the command: "/w Thomas No no, let's rob -that- one instead because of reasons."

Thomas does the command: "/w Ben Oh yeah, good point, let's do it."

Example how it would be with /wre:

Thomas does the command: "/w Ben Hey let's rob that person."

Ben does the command: "/wre No no, let's rob -that- one instead because of reasons."

Thomas does the command: "/wre Oh yeah, good point, let's do it."

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1