[Blog] Next gear the car blog

SpritDodo

Profile picture

YFfz9x7.png

Username: Thatdudewithcars

Hello everybody, my name is Ralph and today I wanted to share with you guys some of my experiences with the vehicles I owned in the past and maybe grow into a big blog where everybody can post their own opinions/ideas about their own vehicles. 

I will start with my most recent vehicle which I still own, the Comet SR.

HISTORY OF THE TESTED MODEL

The coolest Comet version I've ever seen and owned second being the Retro. The vehicle I own sits currently at over 1500 miles, but the engine and the whole vehicle seems and feels like brand new. I'm the third owner and you can bet that this car has been driven hard but doesn't show any sign of stopping or losing power after all those miles. The vehicle was acquired with aftermarket wheels, and almost the full Weissach package installed, the only thing missing (at the time of buying) were the carbon roof, spoiler, the race wheels with only one lug nut and the suspensions. Probably the previous owners had issues with how low the car was or stiff so they changed to a more softer solution.

BEFORE

qHEyWKO.png

After buying it I felt it wasn't too grippy in the corners, and for a car like this that can easily take corners at 100 mph grip becomes the key factor between going into a guard-rail or staying on the road. I've proceeded to buy the race wheels with an original Weissach spoiler and suspension setup. The car changed completely in the way it drove. Being a V8 and so light it's really quick off the line but due to laws it's limited to 125 mph, being able to pass that mark only a few times if you are going downhill. (Speed was tested in a private road where no speed limit was set). 

This is how the car looks now.

AFTER

Spoiler

EaUhO1Z.png

VrYs2zF.jpg

This car also comes with original and factory installed roll bars which makes it clear that Pfister had a circuit in mind when they designed this Comet. The sport exhaust is just that cherry on the top that makes the sound of this beast more grawly and adds those famous pops and bangs when lifting off the throttle.

CONCLUSION

If you are on the market to buy one of these puppies I would suggest looking for one that also has the exposed carbon roof which this one doesn't have. It lowers the vehicle weight a bit lowering also the center of gravity thus making it better in the corners. I think you should deffinetly buy one yourself and experience the grip this beast has in the corners.

Comments enabled

if you want to comment use this format

Spoiler

Username:

Comment:

if you want to share your own experience use this format

Spoiler

Username:

Profile picture:

HISTORY OF YOUR VEHICLE

MODS YOU ADDED

SPECS