Enforce continuity rules upon factions

maramizo

1 minute ago, maramizo said:

No it's just a matter of character development for me. Starting off with beefing another faction is like spawning in with $500K IMO. Both should take time to develop. 

In that case, there's no need for this suggestion in my opinion. If someone rushes to beef you day one, take it to IFM like everyone else does.

1 hour ago, maramizo said:

multi state sets do not necessarily share rivals (in fact it can be argued that they can't given the arbitrariness of gang politics across states - which is the whole point of this thread). Pirus, the example here, 100% do not share any sort of rivals. That'd be like saying Crips share rivals. They're (Pirus) more of a loose alliance that even rivals with its own alliance members at times.

They definitely do share rivals. Even if they're in a whole other place, doesn't mean that they automatically aren't rivals with whoever they beef where the gang originated. With that being said most players portray LA street gangs. Meaning that they're portraying the original groups and thus if a gang that their counterpart exists on the server, it's common sense for them to be enemies.

For example ms13 beefs pbs13 in southern cali, but in states where both gangs exist they still beef. Location doesn't change the gang.

1 hour ago, maramizo said:

To be fair to the points earlier mentioned by @two tone glock, I see that factions can collectively agree to "leave themselves open to other factions that roleplay a real life set", as in it still leaves people open to having their turf tagged up by people that roleplay a rivaling real life counterpart. I suppose an argument can be made that it's "exciting" and "a venue of roleplay". I just see it as a half assed avenue for deathmatching, but who am I to judge so long as you guys are enjoying it?

The simple solution then would just be to join a faction that is 100% fictional. To each their own.

Sounds like you're thinking into it too deep. Nobody else, especially not illegal rpers is worried about it. You see it as an avenue for DM, I see it as an RP opportunity. If some dudes showed up with a faction that beefs ms irl and they tagged our turf, we wouldn't be worried about DM, we'd RP it.

14 minutes ago, Garras Up said:

For example ms13 beefs pbs13 in southern cali, but in states where both gangs exist they still beef. Location doesn't change the gang.

Sounds like you're thinking into it too deep. Nobody else, especially not illegal rpers is worried about it. You see it as an avenue for DM, I see it as an RP opportunity. If some dudes showed up with a faction that beefs ms irl and they tagged our turf, we wouldn't be worried about DM, we'd RP it.

Yeah I'm starting to see how people can see it as an avenue for roleplay. To me personally, I don't see how that can benefit either side at all. But then again gang bangers are pretty fucking stupid lmao (not OOC people, IC gang bangers. actual gang bangers)

Los Santos is still a big city to welcome any faction in my opinion. In my opinion however they should repurposed to fit Los Santos and not LA, which what they do. It's kinda cringe seeing a gang with certain street name and knowing, that such street simply does not exist in Los Santos. While Los Santos is heavily based on LA, it is not LA. That aside, some continuity should be enforced to an extent, especially with influx of new factions. Cause it happened many times, especially to me logging on a character and being greeted by brand new faces asking me if I am new there. I always reply "No you are new here, I am local." After which people go on tirades how they are based since 80s, to which I respond "Bollocks". People should do their research as to where they wanna put their faction.

Realistically a gang would have a history with other gangs in each area, and beyond that there's really no continuity restriction against portraying real life counterparts. The LSSD, for instance, portrays its real life counterpart. Continuity management won't restrict the ability of illegal factions to portray real life organizations within reason.

• Bospy locked this topic