Enforce continuity rules upon factions

maramizo

8 minutes ago, Troopstah said:

He said that if you think a rule is being broken that you should report it. He didn’t mean that he personally thinks something is wrong here.

I believe a rule is being broken but I also believe it is allowed to be broken, here's how:

1. Metagaming is using OOC information IC.
  2. Rolling 30s beefing with Rolling 20s IRL has absolutely nothing to do with the IC Rolling 30s and Rolling 20s. These sets may have never even interacted.
  3. Rolling 30s pull up on Rolling 20s turf, without even acknowledging them or asking them about whether or not they want to collaborate on having beef, and just tag up their turf.

That's garbage, plain and simple. I see your faction is Hoovers? Let me making a Rolling 40s faction real quick and come tag up your turf. Epic portrayal right there. 

Even worse, let me pull up and say fuck snoochies. I think the best question is to ask them IC'ly to explain why you're even beefing. Good luck, there's literally 0 IC reason.

Edited by maramizo
1 minute ago, Extra'd Out said:

If I read this correctly you were a part of Hoovers, who claimed W/S and were claiming multiple Hoover sets from 52 to 83, where is 52nd Street, where is 83rd street? Where is Hoover street?

I vehemently disagreed and kept trying to push for the faction to be renamed, at the very least to Groovers. Fell on deaf ears and I eventually left the faction before it collapsed for that among other reasons.

Also the very fact that I was even in that faction is the reason why this suggestion thread is a thing; the amount of garbage provoking and deathmatching that consistently happens solely based off "real life politics" that have nothing to do with IC portrayal is astounding.

Edited by maramizo
Just now, maramizo said:

I vehemently disagreed and kept trying to push for the faction to be renamed, at the very least to Groovers. Fell on deaf ears and I eventually left the faction before it collapsed for that among other reasons.

I hope you realize there are ROLLIN 60 CRIPS outside of Los Angeles, nowhere near to a 60th Street btw, as well as Hoovers nowhere near to a HOOVER street outside of LA

Some of the points you're making are valid but have less to do with using IRL beef in-game and more to do with the people in said factions. Just because two gangs beef IRL isn't an instant excuse for war but it breeds conflict and tension. Tag banging, net banging and talking shit are inherent to gangs and IRL beef should be the starting point. If someone made a Longos 13 faction then someone made an Tiny Rascals Gang faction it'd be normal for them to be in conflict, but that doesn't mean instant blockwipes or constant fights/shootouts. Having a historical rival faction should serve as a good source of long term beef & conflict.

I always believed that real life relations should not be brought into IC even if your faction is based on real life. As someone who leads Westside Armenian Power (Not AP13) we have not carried over any real life beefs over into the game because it makes no sense. AP irl heavily beefed with 18th Street etc, but IC we have not even had contact with them afaik and it would make no sense because it's different people, different periods. The only time any of this would make sense is if two factions oocly agreed to link their backstory and be "enemies" through mutual agreement otherwise it's just poor roleplay. It's more fore IFM to say but in my opinion every faction that is based on a real concept is "Inspired by" the real concept and not actually supposed to be roleplaying the real gang/organisation.

So I think the best way to deal with the "wish" of wanting irl beefs to carry over into IC is two factions mutually agreeing to make it part of their backstory, if one of the sides does not wish for it, being actively aggressive towards them without any real reason is poor roleplay.

Just now, shiroq said:

I always believed that real life relations should not be brought into IC even if your faction is based on real life. As someone who leads Westside Armenian Power (Not AP13) we have not carried over any real life beefs over into the game because it makes no sense. AP irl heavily beefed with 18th Street etc, but IC we have not even had contact with them afaik and it would make no sense because it's different people, different periods. The only time any of this would make sense is if two factions oocly agreed to link their backstory and be "enemies" through mutual agreement otherwise it's just poor roleplay. It's more fore IFM to say but in my opinion every faction that is based on a real concept is "Inspired by" the real concept and not actually supposed to be roleplaying the real gang/organisation.

So I think the best way to deal with the "wish" of wanting irl beefs to carry over into IC is two factions mutually agreeing to make it part of their backstory, if one of the sides does not wish for it, being actively aggressive towards them without any real reason is poor roleplay.

Massive plus here. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't think a single Sureno faction on this server copies any relations from IRL. Big props. Shows that you're willing to develop IC'ly and form actual, real, tenable relations. Not a DM hungry bunch that copies and pastes a list of "allies and rivals".

4 minutes ago, Extra'd Out said:

I hope you realize there are ROLLIN 60 CRIPS outside of Los Angeles, nowhere near to a 60th Street btw, as well as Hoovers nowhere near to a HOOVER street outside of LA

I do, that's not the point.

3 minutes ago, two tone glock said:

Some of the points you're making are valid but have less to do with using IRL beef in-game and more to do with the people in said factions. Just because two gangs beef IRL isn't an instant excuse for war but it breeds conflict and tension. Tag banging, net banging and talking shit are inherent to gangs and IRL beef should be the starting point. If someone made a Longos 13 faction then someone made an Tiny Rascals Gang faction it'd be normal for them to be in conflict, but that doesn't mean instant blockwipes or constant fights/shootouts. Having a historical rival faction should serve as a good source of long term beef & conflict.

I understand why people immediately felt defensive as they felt that I was attacking them personally or their factions. I'm not. Listing the factions may have done me a disservice. I'm attacking the abstract concept as a whole given where the continuity rule stand, and the pointlessness of the entire thing. Why even talk shit to a set solely off of the fact that some random person IRL got shot? I'd 1000000000% get it if it's your homie that died, but like, ok dude [insert generic gang member from your IRL set] died years ago over some shit that happened IRL, why does your fictional faction even give the slightest care.

If it's only that, too, then sure. But even then things get weird. What's acceptable; talking shit? What if someone flashes a gun? What if it escalates? And it just boils down to: why even risk any of that nonsense over 0 IC reason.

Again, if it's your IC set member that died, got beat up, whatever, then go balls deep. But for that to happen, you don't need to be based on a real life set. Being based on a real life set, from my experience, 4 times out of 4 (actual statistic) was solely done to provoke. 3 of which ended in shootouts.

3 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I was unaware that gangs took to such miniscule reasons to shoot each other like real life California incidents. What a joke!

People shoot others for no reason IRL at times. Many gangs have had initiations where they simply kill a random victim without witnesses. That's deathmatching on this server. Things happening IRL does not mean they should happen in game, lol. But you probably already know this.

• Bospy locked this topic