/refresh - refresh your character's current outfit

Short description: Allow the player to refresh their current outfit with a command.

Detailed description: From time to time it's required to "refresh" your character through the script - syncing your character and their appearance to everybody nearby - but unfortunately the only way to do this is to either /outfit and switch between outfits or use unrelated commands to DIY a solution.

/hat on used to be the go-to when needing to refresh your character but recently this was fixed to work as intended,  /hairtie none is now the only remaining command that produces the same effect and once again, isn't intended.

(this was actually the thread to inspire the suggestion) 

This could all be easily fixed with the proposed command - /refresh - allowing players to refresh their appearance on the spot and not have to use the script in ways it's not intended for. 

Here's an example of why a command like this is needed:

refreshsuggestion.gif

(Hair tattoo wasn't synced, some of the character's facial features were different - this is using the current /hairtie none workaround.) 

Commands to add: /refresh - /ref(?) - /fresh(?)

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would allow players to sync their character's facial features, hair tattoos and clothing states (removing motorcycle helmets primarily) manually, sync on the current version of RageMP (0.3.7) never being great in the first place and sometimes needing player input - this is needed on a server where customization is heavily encouraged and visual differences between characters are important in RP.

Additional information: This can be used to help ensure your character looks mostly identical to other players you interact with, every little helps.

EDIT: As of now the /hairtie none workaround has been patched, leaving players with NO option to refresh their current outfit without forcefully changing to another and back, we really need this.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1

We need this so bad, I also have experienced this problem from 2017 onward and the only fix I have known was the /hat on-off thing or the /outfit reselection like you have described. Though if you are immersed into roleplay, you forget about doing it and the only time you find out, when somebody literally has a screenshot with you in it.

On a good and long evening of roleplaying I change interiors up to ten times, and I barely to almost never do it.

Perhaps until the sync issues are fixed, this could be a command which gets done everything with switching dimensions/interiors? Perhaps it would lag the server to much, but we could also have a /togglerefresh on command for people who have this problem.

• 2 weeks later...