What changes would you like to see in the economy?

Spartan

On 3/4/2021 at 6:19 PM, NickXI said:

introducing tax brackets that increase in percentage as you accumulate more money. As it stands, we have players sitting on millions of dollars and not putting it back into the economy. The tax system would force people to either spend their money or fork it over to the government. Perhaps tie this in with /charity to lower your taxable income if you donate to a charity like in real life?

Honestly, a taxation system like this that was tied in directly to government factions would unironically be something highly engaging & frefreshing to see.

All taxes go to LEO factions who each have their own pre-determined budgets (like a faction bank almost) and the large majority of a faction's actions result in money being withdrawn from the budget, meaning that factions aren't always able to just use the best of the best equipment that they have at hand to solve solutions in order to not go broke & be stuck using older equipment (EG: Constantly using high-tech Interceptors and Helicopters).

Increasing tax brackets according to individual wealth help to reduce the overall economic inflation on the server, whilst functional taxes that actually affect government services promotes business owners to engage in economic activity to ensure that the government services they rely on are properly funded.

• Upvote 1

Separate legal and illegal money, and have money laundery via businesses.

Make fancy cars more expensive, LS isnt dubai.

Have some office faction for people to make money by roleplaying there. And like ULSA is focused in the college lifestyle, the office faction would be more focused in office gossip, drama, after office parties while having some business meetings here and there. It'd be more fun for new players to make money by this, than trucking all day on their own.

I'd much rather prefer if $50 held as much value as $500 does on this server, etcetera.

The currency is way too horribly inflated, I'm not quite sure why this was considered a good idea. It makes wealth meaningless.

Imagine if haircuts cost $10 instead of $100.

Imagine if 10K held as much value as 100K does.

If there was any way to get rid of the inflated currency, I'd love to see that.

1 hour ago, sio said:

I'd much rather prefer if $50 held as much value as $500 does on this server, etcetera.

The currency is way too horribly inflated, I'm not quite sure why this was considered a good idea. It makes wealth meaningless.

Then an apartment would cost 10k, 20k, and that wouldnt be realistic

56 minutes ago, sio said:

I'd rather pay 20K for an apartment than 5k for a ski mask.

The implementation of the "ski mask" for 5k was rather for the purpose of people not abusing the OOC mask feature. It's not possible to identify an individual wearing a mask without asking an administrator who they are etcetera. It's made like such not to abuse it. Also, 20k per apartment is fine for low income neighborhoods I recon, but I don't think it'd work in a video game. Sure, IRL they are made like that but some things do have to be kept like they are in here and not tracked by how it goes IRL.

I wish there was a free-marker for housing to buy (Just limit ammount of homes owned by players to like 2). And take homes away from people for inactivity. Right now finding a home, or an office for a business can take months, which is ridiculous and unrealistic. Most businesses, homes, offices are inactive in Paleto Bay forcing people who actually roleplay there to rent some shitty motel and not have space to generate RP.

Along with free-market for housing I would also like to see more money outflow from the economy, higher taxes, higher fuel and maintenance costs, etc. Getting money now is too easy. 

5 hours ago, sio said:

It’s simple. This isn’t real life. Its not inflated, it just wasn’t designed to be a real economy. It’s been explained 100 times by Nervous that it was done on purpose to not have a real economy so this didn’t become a second job to slowly grind out cash to buy things like houses, cars, etc. If you made the economy realistic as you suggest, wages would also have to adjust to reflect that otherwise it would cause an even bigger problem. It would take absolutely forever to earn anything. I’m not here to spend months upon months to earn enough money to buy a car or a house. Imagine making an IRL wage in a game. I’d rather not come from home work just to work another job lol. No thanks!

Edited by Sixty
18 minutes ago, Briutas said:

I wish there was a free-marker for housing to buy (Just limit ammount of homes owned by players to like 2). And take homes away from people for inactivity. Right now finding a home, or an office for a business can take months, which is ridiculous and unrealistic. Most businesses, homes, offices are inactive in Paleto Bay forcing people who actually roleplay there to rent some shitty motel and not have space to generate RP.

Along with free-market for housing I would also like to see more money outflow from the economy, higher taxes, higher fuel and maintenance costs, etc. Getting money now is too easy. 

Free market housing won’t work here. There’s nothing that regulates the free market like in real life. Federal interest rates, global economy, stock market, job market, the ups and downs that come with it. All you’d be left with is million dollar homes in Davis. Eclipse RP is a great example of what happens when there’s a free market with housing. It killed the entire economy. 

Edited by Sixty
6 hours ago, Sixty said:

Free market housing won’t work here. There’s nothing that regulates the free market like in real life. Federal interest rates, global economy, stock market, job market, the ups and downs that come with it. All you’d be left with is million dollar homes in Davis. Eclipse RP is a great example of what happens when there’s a free market with housing. It killed the entire economy. 

Then would be nice to see a faster and easier way to apply for and buy properties.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic