Flipping.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

As far as I am aware, is it actually against the rules.

I don’t think it’s stated anywhere or has ever been addressed officially. I talked with nateX a while back and he was going to talk with the rest of the team, but never heard anything from it. If it were against the rules, this thread wouldn’t haven been reopened for discussion 😜

Edited by Cypher99
5 hours ago, HB said:

Not exactly, but do you see a pattern in other dealerships around the state?

@mj2002'sSandy Shores autos deals in Muscle cars, classics and big trucks along with Choppers cause that is more realistically owned and driven in the country side.

Well if we are going to hold standards.... These are high end cars and should ONLY be sold at the high end dealership. No one would drive these multi-hundred thousand dollar cars on the back roads of Sandy Shore while living in a trailer would they? Throwing around how long you've done something for doesn't mean a damn thing if you've been doing it wrong from day one. Plenty of people here have been dealing cars pre-GTAW.
unknown.png (989×470)
unknown.png

Edited by zUgg zUgg
5 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

I don’t think it’s stated anywhere or has ever been addressed officially. I talked with nateX a while back and he was going to talk with the rest of the team, but never heard anything from it. If it were against the rules, this thread wouldn’t haven been reopened for discussion 😜

It is not specifically mentioned, but it is not allowed as per Property Management. Mobile dealerships are essentially poor portrayal and script abuse. When you run a business in an unrealistic way, Property Management can give you trouble for it, even if you do not actually use a business script.

15 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Well if we are going to hold standards.... These are high end cars and should ONLY be sold at the high end dealership. No one would drive these multi-hundred thousand dollar cars on the back roads of Sandy Shore while living in a trailer would they? Throwing around how long you've done something for doesn't mean a damn thing if you've been doing it wrong from day one. Plenty of people here have been dealing cars pre-GTAW.
unknown.png (989×470)
unknown.png

Not to mention the 190z is a classic, something she sells anyway and the xls was probably a trade,  something I guarantee you she keeps in the back lot cause it ruins the esthetic. Out of 50+ cars you picked this.

Smh

4 minutes ago, HB said:

Not to mention the 190z is a classic, something she sells anyway and the xls was probably a trade,  something I guarantee you she keeps in the back lot cause it ruins the esthetic. Out of 50+ cars you picked this.

Smh

Interesting you are able to provide excuses for those but automatically assume the other dealer hasn't taken that boat in on a trade or vice versa?

So taking any vehicle in on a trade is okay? It doesn't have to fit the bill of the dealership in the area? You can surely see where this kind of racks my brain a little bit.

12 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

These are not multi-hundred thousand dollar cars irl.

Neither is the boat,  the VSTR is a Cadillac CTS-V.... So how is your point valid?

These vehicles you are selling for in-excess of 100k+ shouldn't be sold by your past statements. Sandy Shores is based on two low-income poverty stricken areas in California...

How would you be able to afford to have multiple vehicles over 150k and operate a car dealer in one of the poorest areas in the whole state, cause you were an admin?

I think blaming one dealer or using them as a scape goat isn't going to fix the bigger issue here that goes beyond anything that dealer has done. Everyone letting it go on without bringing it up in the proper channels is at fault.  No one is perfect, stop acting like you are.

I'd also like to just step in and mention that assuming the condition of a vehicle on any dealer's lot would be a metagame how do you know that that vstr doesn't have missing body panels, needs a new engine, or has a busted transmission or something? Because you just assumed.

As far as the boat goes again that's something that you just assumed. Little do you know that's actually my personal boat that I just listed to see if anyone would be interested in buying it down the road. Should I have maybe made a private listing for it, probably. 

The vast majority of vehicles that are bought and sold at my dealership located in the inner city are all vehicles that are pretty much valued under 70k and I have literal books to back that up.

Is it that big of a deal and unrealistic to have a expensive speed boat when my character has been on the server selling vehicles in character on that particular character since 2018 pre GTA world? Absolutely not.

Do you think that I was initially grilled by PM as far as the location of my dealer being in a high crime area when I first applied for the lease? Absolutely.

So I don't understand why people want to sit here and play admin when we really just need to be talking about fixing the issue rather than blaming people and standing on high horses acting like we do nothing wrong playing blame games. 

I'm not perfect. You're not perfect. Let's be productive and talk about how we can fix the issue. 

Edited by Devastante

Can this thread go back to the topic, which is about what should be put in place to improve the car market on the server. Seems like at the moment it's gone somewhat off course (turned into a thread about moaning about specific car dealers etc on the server and their standards or lack off).

Here's what I've gathered will be the most beneficial from this thread in my opinion:

1. All car dealerships on the server when applying will have to state what vehicle classes and price ranges they will be working with. This will contribute to whether their application is accepted. For the car dealerships that are already in operation, they would be required to choose what vehicles and price range they will work with if this rule was put in place.

2. You should not be allowed to have more then 4 vehicles for sale at once unless you are a car dealership on the server, this will stop us seeing adverts of car flippers with 20+ cars on their characters or at the least mean they get punished. In a sense you have small car dealers (ones who just post adverts) who then can apply to be a large car dealer to be allowed to have more cars (e.g. they apply to open a dealership on the server).

Let's continue the discussion.

Edited by Hawken/Moscropp
12 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Which statements?

Its the consensus of this whole topic, Everyone going after the guy having a boat but you are setting in a deserted desert town with over 70 vehicles worth multiple millions of dollars. You literally own more vehicles than the population of Sandy Shores.... weird how that gets a pass......

• Applaud 1