Flipping.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:04 PM, Cross125 said:

Now that I have upset some people and called out others, I do want to make a statement here.

There's a company called Vetrov Automotive, a dealership that has been actively around for ~1.5 OOC years. The only dealership with a Showroom on the server. A company that is harder to join with a stronger vetting process than some legal factions (in their defense if you take something like the LSPD, it's of course easier for me to keep an eye out over 5 people compared to PD command looking over 100+). We have an active forum thread, a website, a discord, people that do accounting and income summaries, business cards for our employees, dress codes, an entire book of regulations and policies, you name it. Only drawback perhaps? You have bit of an asshole owner (me). Matter or perspective after all. 

For context before I start, I don't own a dealership, and I only drive "junky" cars worth less than 80k these days. I really have no stake in this.

When I make a new character and want to get rid of my old car, I'm not worried about getting screwed out of 15k, I just want to get rid of the thing. Call me lazy for not being overly concerned about 15k of IC assets. On the other side of the coin, when I am trying to start a character, I would like to buy a busted up car that my new character realistically would have had for several years. Typically I don't want to talk to the dealer about cupholders for 25 minutes. If people enjoy that roleplay then great, they can go to your dealership and have a lovely time, power to them!

What irks me is the fact that you spend an hour of your Sunday night bashing other players businesses (your direct competitors) while poorly pretending that you are not publicly putting them on blast. Then immediately afterwards bragging about how great your own company is. It's rude and insincere. If you put so much effort into your dealership then your competitors should be of little concern. You should use your dealership as an example to follow, not as an excuse to moan and complain about how much everyone else sucks. This gets the conversation nowhere. 

Edited by Dingus
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

On 1/23/2022 at 2:04 PM, Cross125 said:

Now that I have pissed everyone off; if stricter standards on dealerships were to be enforced, depending how strict they are, I have enough fuel to wipe 5 dealerships (plus all the car flippers who I have been discovering) or at least have PM give them a really serious slap on the wrists. 

I'll call this bluff; put your evidence where your mouth is and submit reports, RPQM requests, or whatever you need to correct these issues. Complaining on the forums and holding this "great evidence" over heads isn't going to help the server out one bit, sort of like your backhanded comments towards other far more experienced dealers in the community.  I can see why you stick to high end cars, most are convertibles which is the only thing you can fit in with such a big head/complex.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Car Flipping is very common in Real life as well, I believe “phone dealerships” “vehicles flippers” - not the main problem. Bigest problem is this “vehicle economy” in the server - because you can drive , own vehicle for a long time (if we talk about 6months and more) and you can still sell it for almost the same price . 1) Different maitanance system - every time you go for vehicle maitainance price goes up for 10-20% (Except logistics vehicles as they going to bankrupt :D) this could make REGULAR players buy REGULAR cars not super cars for 300k but living in shit hole as it would be expensive to keep it, also mileage means - price goes strongly lower. 2) Higher fuel price - as now you can fuel FULL your tank for 500-800 $ which is nothing in server.! 3) Much HIGHER insurance cost for vehicles over 150,000 market price, as from ~ 150k you can buy high end vehicles (this means if you drive expensive car IRL you have money to keep it and pay insurance and etc for it) . Just Ideas. It should be harder to keep expensive vehicles in this server.!

1 hour ago, Bagacius said:

Car Flipping is very common in Real life as well, I believe “phone dealerships” “vehicles flippers” - not the main problem. Bigest problem is this “vehicle economy” in the server - because you can drive , own vehicle for a long time (if we talk about 6months and more) and you can still sell it for almost the same price . 1) Different maitanance system - every time you go for vehicle maitainance price goes up for 10-20% (Except logistics vehicles as they going to bankrupt :D) this could make REGULAR players buy REGULAR cars not super cars for 300k but living in shit hole as it would be expensive to keep it, also mileage means - price goes strongly lower. 2) Higher fuel price - as now you can fuel FULL your tank for 500-800 $ which is nothing in server.! 3) Much HIGHER insurance cost for vehicles over 150,000 market price, as from ~ 150k you can buy high end vehicles (this means if you drive expensive car IRL you have money to keep it and pay insurance and etc for it) . Just Ideas. It should be harder to keep expensive vehicles in this server.!

Any suggestion that would bring down the value of used cars immediately gets shot down by 90% of the community, because they don't want to have any costs associated with their toys.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Bagacius said:

Most states have a law where you can't do this more than a few times a year without getting a license. Let's not sugar coat it. Most (not all) of these phone dealerships IC are people who just want to grind script cash without having to go through the proper channels of being a business, get a lot that would realistically hold all of these cars and pay the money to do it right. They just want to bypass all of that. Tell me how many of these dealerships actually spawn all their cars while they are buying and selling, rather than magically /vget whenever they need to sell a car? I bet the answer is a big fat zero. This is not an IC issue, this is an OOC issue. It's a huge gray area that people are existing in, which shouldn't even be a gray area. It should be against the rules.

Edited by Cypher99
On 1/23/2022 at 9:45 PM, Koko said:

In real life, any car you bring out of the dealership has their price instantly slashed in half the moment you've acquired ownership, just due to the fact that they are not new anymore. Cars in real life also suffer permanent damage, and their parts begin to fail and generally their market value depreciates. This is not the case in GTAW because very few people RP having mechanical troubles, and 99% of people don't RP getting their car repaired when they suffer an accident.

On the other hand, If you look at the NPC dealerships, a lot of cars for sale aren't 2022 models, realistically. You can handwave the 2010s vehicles as being the 2022 version or something, but a lot are meant to be early 2000s, 90s... 60s vehicles. So people are definitely not buying those new. I have seen people RP that their 1980s car was brand new, but it gets silly.

PS: They also wouldn't realistically have 0 miles on them, so I'm definitely not going to RP that.

Edited by peasoup
On 1/23/2022 at 8:04 PM, Cross125 said:
  • There's a dealership in a run-down ghetto area (only 1 so can't really keep it anonymous) that sells budget vehicles but also a $300.000 wooden built speedboat?? Yes, it is quite happily portrayed on their thread under the "for sale" section, got the screenshots for that as well. They also have the occasional 300K V-STR (also on their thread) and similar, technically would be the third dealership if referring to my previous point.
  •  

Do you have a problem with me purchasing a variety of assets through IC means?

13 minutes ago, Bénédictine said:

Do you have a problem with me purchasing a variety of assets through IC means?

Not exactly, but do you see a pattern in other dealerships around the state?

@mj2002'sSandy Shores autos deals in Muscle cars, classics and big trucks along with Choppers cause that is more realistically owned and driven in the country side.

@Cross125's Only houses expensive high end merchandise, most of it European. Why cause his dealership is in Rockford, the most expensive area in the state. 

You are in Chamberlin hills, the ghetto, 300k luxury sedans and boats don't make sense. Your stock shouldn't house anything worth over a 100k. 

And before you contradict or think that we are talking nonsense, all three me cross and MJ have been in the car game a long time, very long time. We know every trick, deal, play in this business. MJ and cross's are the only surviving dealerships that have original owners. Instead of going after cross. Take his word into account. Might learn a thing or too.

I have seen your dealership. It doesn't look right. Just saying.

Flipping is fine. It happens in real-life and, after all, it stimulates the economy.

We do need stricter rules on it, though. It has to be regulated, as some stuff that's happening right now is simply absurd. We should enforce realism. It's laughable to see a person list 25 vehicles for sale in their ad, it's laughable to see a dealership selling 2 cheap junk cars, 3 supercars and a helicopter, it's laugahble to see how people even buy/sell cars - "/me pulls some papers out of nowhere, /me signs the papers". And don't even start justifying this by mentioning some long-lost examples, those don't apply.

But as @mj2002 says, no one cares. Dealerships and flipping have been at ridiculous standards for a long time and literally no one's doing anything about them - not management, not the staff team, not the players. No one. So unless that changes, we won't see any improvements whatsoever.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Cypher99 said:

This is not an IC issue, this is an OOC issue. It's a huge gray area that people are existing in, which shouldn't even be a gray area. It should be against the rules.

As far as I am aware, is it actually against the rules.