Flipping.

On 2/6/2022 at 11:10 AM, Mahitto said:

Sandy Shores one, they mostly go for choppers, SUVs, muscles and stuff like that, that you'd see in the county. It's possible and it works out. 

This is false as you can go to their website and see they have literal race cars for sale. Anyways, thats off topic once again. 
Theres also a dealer who's been doing it longer than both of those people combined and has books going back to 2018. But hey. What do I know?

Edited by Devastante
8 hours ago, Devastante said:

We work within the confines of a server that is not perfect and not completely flushed out. 

Besides, this thread is about car flippers anyway. If a dealer has a expensive car next to a Rusty Rebel as you say, make a RPQM report and let the admins handle it, stop sideling. 

I would also be curious how many vehicles on the server are /cheap/ compared to ones that are /55,000/ and above. I would venture to say there are a lot less cheap vehicles available in general as well, if we really wanna go that route... since people seem to lack nuance.

It's actually about flipping, which can be done by these low-quality mobile dealerships, randoms, or even established dealerships. I don't know who you are and wasn't talking about you or your dealership but if you do this kind of thing, you're part of the problem.

Sure, we can play semantics about what a cheap or expensive car is but at the end of the day, it's unrealistic.

8 hours ago, Mahitto said:

It's actually about flipping, which can be done by these low-quality mobile dealerships, randoms, or even established dealerships. I don't know who you are and wasn't talking about you or your dealership but if you do this kind of thing, you're part of the problem.

Sure, we can play semantics about what a cheap or expensive car is but at the end of the day, it's unrealistic.

Holy hell brother,
I think you're way off base. When we talk about flipping we are referring to "phone dealers mainly." People who sit on their cell phones and list 25 vehicles for sale and that is all that they do in game. If someone has a lease and owns a dealership it wouldn't be called flipping, it would be called running their business I don't think you know what you're talking about brotherman.

This thread has gone no where but has served as a circle jerk for 3 dealers stroking their ego's while bashing others. I'm out. Have fun.

Edited by Devastante
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Devastante said:

Holy hell brother,
I think you're way off base. When we talk about flipping we are referring to "phone dealers mainly." People who sit on their cell phones and list 25 vehicles for sale and that is all that they do in game. If someone has a lease and owns a dealership it wouldn't be called flipping, it would be called running their business I don't think you know what you're talking about brotherman.

This thread has gone no where but has served as a circle jerk for 3 dealers stroking their ego's while bashing others. I'm out. Have fun.

It's a suggestion regarding flipping, and dealerships do exactly that - flip cars for a profit. Yes, they're running a business, which consists of flipping vehicles. Some of them do great role-play, others do it extremely poorly and they're just as much part of the problem. If we want the server to become better and more realistic, these issues have to be talked about and tackled.

I agree this thread is somewhat derailed, but you can't really except every discussion to only consist of greatly articulated points, all of them greatly contributing to the topic. It's a discussion which raises some really good and valid points, issues and possible solutions.

I personally believe that these "unofficial" dealerships are extremely unrealistic and problematic, just as much as people flipping 1-2 cars for profit on the daily and dealerships flipping unrealistic assets or rushing through the process so they can flip even more stuff, all of them just wanting money with as little role-play as possible. These are all issues, they all impact out server, and we should talk about them and tackle them as much as we can.

Just limit the /sellvehicle script to 4 cars per month. If you're switching out cars like I switch out my dress suits for work, then it's a portrayal issue and not my problem. Anything more than that, you apply to become a dealership. Simple as that. Exceptions can be made through /report and justification to an Admin, if its really something that drastic.

• Upvote 1

Although I’d love an IC solution to this such as someone showing up from the government and fining the person so big they’d have to hand over half the vehicles they were selling - I don’t think that’s going to happen. I do agree something needs to be done and if it can’t be an IC solution via business licensing and government? The only left to do is have admins implement a rule against it I guess. 

17 minutes ago, Epic said:

Although I’d love an IC solution to this such as someone showing up from the government and fining the person so big they’d have to hand over half the vehicles they were selling - I don’t think that’s going to happen. I do agree something needs to be done and if it can’t be an IC solution via business licensing and government? The only left to do is have admins implement a rule against it I guess. 

A script limitation is needed in this case. There's no way to enforce it otherwise, and most cases would slip through, rendering the rule useless. It'd be like trusting people to /charity insurance money and not lie in /do instead of the script saying their car is actually uninsured.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Mahitto said:

A script limitation is needed in this case. There's no way to enforce it otherwise, and most cases would slip through, rendering the rule useless. It'd be like trusting people to /charity insurance money and not lie in /do instead of the script saying their car is actually uninsured.

Fair point, it’s a shame that’s the way it is but at least your solution gets around that whilst still solving the problem. 

On 2/11/2022 at 5:47 PM, MasterChief said:

Just limit the /sellvehicle script to 4 cars per month. If you're switching out cars like I switch out my dress suits for work, then it's a portrayal issue and not my problem. Anything more than that, you apply to become a dealership. Simple as that. Exceptions can be made through /report and justification to an Admin, if its really something that drastic.

Yeah, highly unrealistic for the average Joe to switch out a car every other week. Like the people above me said, simply increasing the sales tax wouldn't fix anything as cars would just get sold for a higher price to cover the tax. The only solution is some sort of limit on how many cars you can buy/sell a month without having an actual dealership.