Flipping.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:28 AM, Devastante said:

The big issues I have with the discussion regarding limiting dealers to a certain type or price range of vehicle, is that in the used market I HAVE NO CONTROL over what people bring me as far as things to buy.

If other dealers want to limit themselves be my guest.

It would be one thing if we were supplied by LFM or had some type of bulk auction for dealers (a fantastic idea btw) And a shoutout to whoever ran that vehicle auction I attended over the summer that was amazing. but that's not how it works, its completely driven by the current market.

Plus I may never have inventory if I just have to sit around and wait for someone to bring me a specific type / price vehicle to sell.

I will say my goal was to mainly stick to lower budget vehicles, which I have done by far. Occasionally a high end vehicle for a good price comes my way, sue me.

I MOVE WITH THE MARKET, which is what would happen in real life. 

Not only that but it's unrealistic, go to almost any used car lot and they will have a wide range of vehicles/prices (for the most part obviously there's exceptions to this.)

*From someone who's bought several vehicles from used dealers in the past, and has worked at 3 different dealerships in the past irl.

As for the flipping thing, it's been echoed but to me the best solution still seems to be, simply limit the number of vehicles sales per month for non dealership employee's.

(Which would still be abuseable as people could just avoid the /sellvehicle script and bank transfer the funds independently of the script. Which im not a fan of people being able to do at all.)

Considering the enormous amount of vehicles on the server and the even worse turnover rate, in many cases people changing at least one car a day, as well as the huge amount of money any dealership can make, more cheap vehicles would be the last thing needed, it would be a ton of work and fix, well, it wouldn't really fix any problem.

I don't agree that dealerships should be limited to a specific type of vehicle. Sure, it could work if we're talking about some very general categories (aircraft, maritime, bikes, off-road and sedans, sports and classics etc. - and combinations of them too) but nothing more specific. Imagine running a dealership that only sells boats. You'd basically have zero customers and zero buyers, with no turnover. Same for many other types of cars, some more niche than others.

However, I also don't agree that dealerships should sell anything as long as it makes them a profit. That's unrealistic. Sure, no sane person would pass up on an amazing deal, but I've seen - and I'm sure lots of us have - dealerships selling cheap cars and a helicopter, pickup trucks and a $600,000 sports vehicle. Even worse, an unorganized lot with exotic cars, shitboxes like Rusty Rebels and Emperors, luxury sedans, dirt bikes, SUVs and RVs. I've been to many dealerships in real life and never ever seen anything like this. Even if the deal is good, no dealership selling $10,000 cars will post a $250,000 one, because no one would buy it, realistically speaking. Sure, they might flip it on the side, but if someone goes to a used car lot, they don't expect to buy a helicopter or an exotic car, and the other way around. No, it's not realistic.

5 hours ago, Mahitto said:

However, I also don't agree that dealerships should sell anything as long as it makes them a profit. That's unrealistic. Sure, no sane person would pass up on an amazing deal, but I've seen - and I'm sure lots of us have - dealerships selling cheap cars and a helicopter, pickup trucks and a $600,000 sports vehicle. Even worse, an unorganized lot with exotic cars, shitboxes like Rusty Rebels and Emperors, luxury sedans, dirt bikes, SUVs and RVs. I've been to many dealerships in real life and never ever seen anything like this. Even if the deal is good, no dealership selling $10,000 cars will post a $250,000 one, because no one would buy it, realistically speaking. Sure, they might flip it on the side, but if someone goes to a used car lot, they don't expect to buy a helicopter or an exotic car, and the other way around. No, it's not realistic.

You clearly haven’t been to the off-brand used car lots in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale because it’s more than realistic. It happens. Maybe not a helicopter LOL but absolutely out of place luxury cars mixed with shit box cars. I could drive down US1 and find SEVERAL off-brand used car lots that way. They will sell almost anything they can get a good turnover on. Your assumptions are wrong about that, Im afraid. Let’s be real here, most dealerships on this server are not going for a legitimate manufacturers dealership or a CarMax. 

Edited by Solomons
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Solomons said:

You clearly haven’t been to used car lots in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale because it’s more than realistic. It happens. Maybe not a helicopter LOL but absolutely out of place luxury cars mixed with shit box cars. I could drive down US1 and find SEVERAL off-brand used car lots that way. They will sell almost anything they can get a good turnover on. Your assumptions are wrong about that, Im afraid. 

We're not here to role-play exceptions. Most used car lots don't sell Ferraris and last-gen Rolls Royces.

2 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

We're not here to role-play exceptions. Most used car lots don't sell Ferraris and last-gen Rolls Royces.

Lol it’s not an exception. Obviously you haven’t been there or you wouldn’t be calling it an exception. It happens all the time. My buddy bought a Ferrari off some side lot in Miami for a FRACTION of what it normally costs. He’s still driving it too. It’s more common than you think. 

Edited by Solomons
Just now, Solomons said:

Lol it’s not an exception. Obviously you haven’t been there or you wouldn’t be calling it an exception. It happens all the time. 

No, I haven't been at a few highly specific used car lots in Fort Lauderdale that once sold sports cars among other cheap, normal stuff. Those are exceptions though. Exceptions are, by definitions, deviations from the norm, and the norm obviously isn't for used car lots to buy exotic cars, private jets, helicopters and other stuff. Why? Because people don't usually sell their aircraft and exotic cars at used car dealerships, because they usually don't have the money to buy them, and because people don't visit used car lots to buy a private jet and a Rolls Royce Phantom. I'm not saying it doesn't happen - if it happens somewhere, that's an exception, the vast majority of them aren't like that. And not to the extent and the way it happens in-game.

6 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

No, I haven't been at a few highly specific used car lots in Fort Lauderdale that once sold sports cars among other cheap, normal stuff. Those are exceptions though. Exceptions are, by definitions, deviations from the norm, and the norm obviously isn't for used car lots to buy exotic cars, private jets, helicopters and other stuff. Why? Because people don't usually sell their aircraft and exotic cars at used car dealerships, because they usually don't have the money to buy them, and because people don't visit used car lots to buy a private jet and a Rolls Royce Phantom. I'm not saying it doesn't happen - if it happens somewhere, that's an exception, the vast majority of them aren't like that. And not to the extent and the way it happens in-game.

You’re not understanding what I’m saying or ignoring me to fit this into your argument lmao. Let’s try bolding. 

They aren’t exceptions. They are all over the city. This is normal. 

They aren’t “highly specific”. They are all over the place. I never said they sell helicopters and such, but they definitely sell anything from shit box cars to exotics. I’m not talking about CarMax. I’m talking about the non-chain car lots that are EVERYWHERE here.  Just because you haven’t seen it in your experience, doesn’t mean they aren’t common anywhere else in the world. I’ve told you they are all over the place here. Stop saying they are “highly specific and uncommon” just because it refutes your argument. 

Edited by Solomons
3 minutes ago, Solomons said:

You’re not understanding what I’m saying or to ignoring me to fit this into your argument lmao. Let’s try bolding. 

They aren’t exceptions. They are all over the city. This is normal. 

They aren’t “highly specific”. They are all over the place. I never said they sell helicopters and such, but they definitely sell anything from shit box cars to exotics. Just because you haven’t seen it in your experience, doesn’t mean they aren’t common anywhere else in the world. I’ve told you they are all over the place here. Stop saying they are “highly specific and uncommon”. 

We're not really talking about Miami or Fort Lauderdale, though. It's irrelevant in this context. I've actually lived in LA for a few years, I did end up at used car lots on various occasions, I've never seen them sell both types of cars. Sure, there were a few more expensive and exclusive cars on some occasions, but not to the extent we see in-game, with dealerships selling a Rusty Emperor for $12,000 next to a Jubilee for $650,000. I'm sure it happens in some places more than it does in others, but again, we're not role-playing in Fort Lauderdale, we're role-playing in Los Santos, which is similar to Los Angeles.

10 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

We're not really talking about Miami or Fort Lauderdale, though. It's irrelevant in this context. I've actually lived in LA for a few years, I did end up at used car lots on various occasions, I've never seen them sell both types of cars. Sure, there were a few more expensive and exclusive cars on some occasions, but not to the extent we see in-game, with dealerships selling a Rusty Emperor for $12,000 next to a Jubilee for $650,000. I'm sure it happens in some places more than it does in others, but again, we're not role-playing in Fort Lauderdale, we're role-playing in Los Santos, which is similar to Los Angeles.

Good thing we’re not Los Angeles then. I hate that argument. If we did everything case and point because we’re supposed to be LA, this place would be boring. We’ve got exotic sex tape ads going out on the advertisements system. We’ve got hookers advertising on what should be a legal ad system. We’re far from being LA or a “real” city. So, my point is standards is what the main issue is. 

In any case people selling different types of vehicles shouldn’t be the issue. Sure helicopters and stuff like that is a little crazy but limiting dealerships to specific types of cars creates issues in itself. What if I only play in certain hours and those luxury dealers are never online? Am I stuck to buying new? We’re focusing on the wrong issue. People flipping cars through their cell phones powergaming make believe lots where there cars would be held and abusing /vpark and /vget instead of going through the proper channels to get a business license and a lot, so they can be held to the same standards as everyone else. That is the issue here. Let’s refocus. 

Edited by Solomons
6 minutes ago, Solomons said:

Good thing we’re not Los Angeles then. I hate that argument. If we did everything case and point because we’re supposed to be LA, this place would be boring. We’ve got exotic sex tape ads going out on the advertisements system. We’ve got hookers advertising on what should be a legal ad system. We’re far from being LA. In any case people selling different types of vehicles shouldn’t be the issue. Sure helicopters and stuff like that is a little crazy but limiting dealerships to specific types of cars creates issues in itself. What if I only play in certain hours and those luxury dealers are never online? Am I stuck to buying new? We’re focusing on the wrong issue. People flipping cars through their cell phones using make believe lots and abusing /vpark and /vget instead of going through the proper channels to get a business license and a lot, so they can be held to the same standards as everyone else. That is the issue here. Let’s refocus. 

Oh, I'm completely against all of that too. Those issues you mentioned aren't any better. People shouldn't be allowed to have such mobile dealerships in the first place. Official dealerships, though? They should be held to a higher standard, and realism should be enforced more than it is right now. The issue of flipping also affects them, and it negatively impacts the server as much as mobile dealerships do, through the simple fact that this stuff is unrealistic.

We're not Los Angeles, no, but we're going off of Los Angeles. Sure, some things are different and we have our continuity rules in place for a reason, but that's still the major base. It's more realistic for LS to be similar to Los Angeles than, say, New York or Miami. In that regard.

There are some dealerships who do amazingly and have been doing so for a long time - look at Vetrov, for example; they only go for more expensive cars. Look at the Sandy Shores one, they mostly go for choppers, SUVs, muscles and stuff like that, that you'd see in the county. It's possible and it works out. 

On 2/6/2022 at 10:53 AM, Mahitto said:

with dealerships selling a Rusty Emperor for $12,000 next to a Jubilee for $650,000........

We work within the confines of a server that is not perfect and not completely flushed out. 

Besides, this thread is about car flippers anyway. If a dealer has a expensive car next to a Rusty Rebel as you say, make a RPQM report and let the admins handle it, stop sideling. 

I would also be curious how many vehicles on the server are /cheap/ compared to ones that are /55,000/ and above. I would venture to say there are a lot less cheap vehicles available in general as well, if we really wanna go that route... since people seem to lack nuance.

Edited by Devastante