Flipping.

I agree. I'm sick of seeing private sellers trying to flip cars because they're exaggerating prices, as a result are changing the market threshold for cars and making cars harder to afford for the low-to mid income RPers! (Speaking on those who can't afford to see a 70k car rise to 130k, for example) We all know cars go for up to the maximum of its unregistered value in the second hand car market but players that don't work as dealers and therefore aren't RPing it (just statwhoring it), donut know this and donut care for this if they do know this. They are raising prices to the point where it has obviously dawned an OOC topic such as this one.

Nervous said it in discord earlier this morning, , a way to stop it would be a registration tax every time a car changes hands, for the private sellers.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

Car flipping is something that people do in real life but it is usually one car at a time and the margins are a lot less. If it is evident that someone is flipping cars and selling for profit like a dealership would be doing then maybe these vehicle sellers should be required to register as a business along with having the appropriate licensing and inspection fees. I can name a handful of states, including California, that require what is known as a dealers license to 'flip' cars.

I figure setting a tax on it whenever a vehicle changes ownership, or limiting the number of vehicle ownership transfers one can do per day could help. However, it'd be much better that people enforced the roleplay behind it too, setting a script limitation is just gonna make it boring for everyone involved, at least have some sort of rule backing up that purchasing and whatever else they do on the cars before selling should be properly roleplayed. Have it be more focused on the journey, not the destination.

Adding restrictions on how many vehicles you may sell per week without owning an actual scripted dealership could be a potential solution. Or adding higher taxes after selling X amount of vehicles without having an actual dealership.

12 hours ago, hippie killer said:

I figure setting a tax on it whenever a vehicle changes ownership, or limiting the number of vehicle ownership transfers one can do per day could help. However, it'd be much better that people enforced the roleplay behind it too, setting a script limitation is just gonna make it boring for everyone involved, at least have some sort of rule backing up that purchasing and whatever else they do on the cars before selling should be properly roleplayed. Have it be more focused on the journey, not the destination.

5 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Adding restrictions on how many vehicles you may sell per week without owning an actual scripted dealership could be a potential solution. Or adding higher taxes after selling X amount of vehicles without having an actual dealership.

I feel like all of thise would make it better. I mean right now it's extremely bad. 

On 3/4/2021 at 1:38 AM, KC.. said:

Should add taxes on property sales.

I feel like the right solution would be to add taxes on property sales and car sales. And just I don't know? Fucking ban people that abuses it and flips a lot without RP.. I feel like people should be able to RP real estate agents, car flippers or whatever without having PM involved. However it should definitely be roleplayed properly, and not with the full intention to make profit.. The main focus should always be character dev, and a high standard of roleplay 🙂

Edited by Snowy
12 hours ago, hippie killer said:

However, it'd be much better that people enforced the roleplay behind it too, setting a script limitation is just gonna make it boring for everyone involved, at least have some sort of rule backing up that purchasing and whatever else they do on the cars before selling should be properly roleplayed. Have it be more focused on the journey, not the destination.

Have you reported any that you thought didn't meet the minimum standard?

4 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Have you reported any that you thought didn't meet the minimum standard?

I mean sure you could definitely report them and have an admin look into it. But I mean honestly we both know that it wouldn't fix the issue, I feel like most of the advertisements nowadays are people flipping cars. I can't tell if it's roleplayed properly or not as I don't buy cars all day.. People are making absurd amount of money doing this, it fucks up the economy a lot. And I feel that it shouldn't be allowed as it's exactly the same as flipping properties.  If you make 50-100k on a property without doing any changes to it, you'll have PM on your ass instantly.. But if you flip the higher end cars for a day and make 50k per car noone cares. That's the issue.