Ban rape roleplay entirely.

Shaderz

Ban rape roleplay entirely.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should this rule be implemented?

• Yes.
    • No.

This poll is closed to new votes

Right now, rape roleplay is permitted on the server as long as both parties OOC consent to it prior to the roleplay being started.

My suggestion is to ban rape roleplay entirely. Rape shouldn't be allowed to happen on the server under any circumstances. What it entails and how much of an issue it is in real life should be enough of a reason to ban it completely. It's way too disturbing and disgusting. It is as bad as everything else listed under the offensive roleplay rules, and in my opinion anyone that does it or even thinks about doing it should be permanently banned.

I get that some people like to have as much freedom as possible to roleplay whatever they want, and that serves as a good reason to allow certain things to happen on the server, but it shouldn't in this case. There are limits and roleplaying rape crosses the line of what's acceptable. Not just that, but I can't see any benefit to roleplaying it other than to please certain twisted minds. This should also help reducing oversexualization within the community. 

Keep it civil. 

Edited by Shaderz

I agree with this, yup. Rape should be banned altogether. Even if someone goes with "fades in black" it leaves a sour taste. Also, most of rapes happen in outdoor area, even if it's secluded spot someone might stumble on it and I ain't here to watch or stumble upon rape scenario. 

Edited by Revolter
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

No. Even though it's disgusting, if people F2B it? It should be okay. Roleplaying whole act? Ew. This was already discussed a month ago, it won't be removed.

Then at the very least ban roleplaying the whole act. I'm still supportive of banning it altogether though. As @Revoltersaid, it leaves a sour taste and I agree completely.

Just now, Shaderz said:

Then at the very least ban roleplaying the whole act. I'm still supportive of banning it altogether though. As @Revoltersaid, it leaves a sour taste and I agree completely.

Banning it completely kills the small portion of IC crimes in the penal code. It kills roleplay for both LEO and criminal side, including Courts. I'm all in favor for banning roleplaying the whole act, but, leave it at F2B, so people can actually do it. Regardless, rape requires permissions from the other party, so if someone gives the permission? We can't do anything about it.

I'm gonna go against the 55% majority here and say no.

We all know rape is wrong, and I like to believe that the people who do RP it, are in agreement of such, but do it for roleplay reasons. Drug addiction and murder are also wrong, but we RP that too? If it's done privately, I don't believe it's harming anyone.

• mj2002 locked this topic