Business licensing and it's current state

TinPan

Business Licensing was being prepared to launch as of today, March 1st.

However, due to the feedback we've received on the initial fees (which were also approved by Property Management), the license fees will be lowered in order to take more complex businesses (such as nightclubs and stripclubs) into account, which generally require more preperation and have lower income due to higher staff costs. While it is hard to strike a fair balance with the currently varying income of different business types, we'll try our best to come up with a system that doesn't penalize any in particular.

The City of Los Santos as a faction doesn't intend to take the fun out of business roleplay or to make them unprofitable.
For the time being businesses aren't required to apply for a license.

Thank you for everyone's input so far!

• Upvote 2

Personally, I wouldn't mind even seeing the business licenses being altered so that they reflect their type of business as opposed to what goods they sell so that the licensing costs are better reflected. For example, as opposed to needing to have the general license, tobacco license and alcohol license for operating a general store; you could just have a general store license which better reflects the general profits made from what the average general store makes. You could apply it to all other business types too such as trucking companies, clubs and bars by making licenses for each of them; so that all of the businesses can make payments based upon what their type of business typically earns over the course of a month or multiple.

Just my opinion though; would streamline the process and ultimately bring the costs down without having to worry about smaller businesses paying licensing prices that're secondary or even tertiary for their type of business.

Just now, TinPan said:

Personally, I wouldn't mind even seeing the business licenses being altered so that they reflect their type of business as opposed to what goods they sell so that the licensing costs are better reflected. For example, as opposed to needing to have the general license, tobacco license and alcohol license for operating a general store; you could just have a general store license which better reflects the general profits made from what the average general store makes. You could apply it to all other business types too such as trucking companies, clubs and bars by making licenses for each of them; so that all of the businesses can make payments based upon what their type of business typically earns over the course of a month or multiple.

Just my opinion though; would streamline the process and ultimately bring the costs down without having to worry about smaller businesses paying licensing prices that're secondary or even tertiary for their type of business.

You do not need general conduct license if you have any of the other licenses in the list. General Conduct was made for businesses that require no other licenses such as liquor sales license. They were intended to tax custom script businesses such as jewelry stores, mechanic garages etc.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Pogis said:

You do not need general conduct license if you have any of the other licenses in the list. General Conduct was made for businesses that require no other licenses such as liquor sales license. They were intended to tax custom script businesses such as jewelry stores, mechanic garages etc.

Fair enough if that is the case. It might be important to specify that on the next iteration of the handbook if that is the case to prevent mix-ups so that players don't interpret the general conduct license as the base cost; since myself and a lot of others thought that was initially the case.

Just now, TinPan said:

Fair enough if that is the case. It might be important to specify that on the next iteration of the handbook if that is the case to prevent mix-ups so that players don't interpret the general conduct license as the base cost; since myself and a lot of others thought that was initially the case.

a. General Conduct License
Any establishment or individual who intends to conduct economic activity within the State of San Andreas shall be required to hold a general license, unless one of the following sorts of licenses and/or permits are applicable to the establishment or individual. "

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic